What book actually improved your life?

Every.
Single.
One.

Unironically Infinite Jest.

>DUDE WEED LMAO BUT IM STILL INTELLIGENT AND READ HARD BOOKS LMAO
I'd love to cave this person's skull in

Dank for Dummies

>DUDE JUVENILE SHITPOSTING RAGE ON AN IMAGE BOARD BUT I'M ACTUALLY MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU AND I ACTUALLY READ THE REALLY REAL HARD BOOKS LMAO
I'd love for you to leave this board

except nothing in my post indicates what you greentexted at all. Could you be more triggered?

>DUDE STR8 EDGE NO-LMAO AT ME

Oh, you were only pretending to be a retarded and edgy memeboy, and only alluding at your smug delusions of superiority, merely pretending to defend your intelligence with a desperate reply

got it

>hehe you thought 80 IQ wasn't enough to make a joint over this book? Think again...

Brown skin.

>being this personally offended by a greentext

Edgar Allan Poe's storys.

>DUDE STOP MAKING FUN OF ME NO-LMAO! NO-LMAO!

When I was a teenager I used to think that readng was for nerds and virgins until I read The Great Gatsby and actually enjoyed it. That lead me into harder and better stuff. I haven't had sex since then. Fuck books.

this is what happens when a master troll gets completely BTFO
they pretend they are beyond the entire debate, and their mistake to be a tiny thing not worthy of others attentions

too bad I haven't been playing this game since yesterday, kiddo

Unironically, Tropic of Cancer. Henry Miller's prose is a shot of pure adrenaline.

Right there with you, though I actually like capricorn more

what the fuck is wrong with you

Miller is the best thing that's happened to me lately. I can't wait to read his essay on Rimbaud.

MEDITATIONS

i unironically agree with you and find weedlord "intelligentsia" to pseuds every single time

He's right you are butthurt as fuck.
Maybe because you're a nigger:)

Ook ook ook Ook Ook ook Ook ook ook Ook ook ook Ook Ook ook Ook ook ook Ook ook ook Ook Ook ook Ook ook ook Ook ook ook Ook Ook ook Ook ook ook Ook ook ook Ook Ook ook Ook ook ook Ook ook ook Ook Ook ook Ook ook ook Ook ook ook Ook Ook ook Ook ook ook Ook ook ook Ook Ook ook Ook ook ook

>monkey

DON'T CALL HIM MO-oh shit

the daodejing desu senpai

>he's

In what way? For me it did 2 things: Get me on that "Nothing is unendurable" philosophy, and got me into reading for fun

This. Made me realize I was way too addicted to videogames.

The Phenomenology of Spirit.

theory of the subject by alain badiou
READ
SUBJECT
BOOK
SUBJECT
BOOK
READ

This

Also, Crapalachia

The New Testament

You're a spaz but I agree with you more or less. There's something slimy about people who try flaunt (or atleast inwardly adore themselves for) their versatility.

>The Bible
>Republic, Plato
>Irrational Man, William Barret
>The Complete Works of W. B. Yeats
>The Complete Works of Alfred, Lord Tennyson
>The Complete Works of T. S. Eliot
>The Collected Poems of John Ashbury
>An Introduction to Mathematics, Alfred North Whitehead
>An Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy, Bertrand Russell
>Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand
>Symbolic Logic, Lewis Carroll
>and many, many others

>gettin offended at a person who got offended at your greentext
>the greentext is about getting offended at a picture

just

dude... you gotta be stoned to read pynchon... read the way it was written ;o)

Pathetic. 0/10

Not who you were responding to, but Wallace became a kind of sponsor for me while I was going through withdrawal from meth and Heroin. That book is unbelievably accurate when it comes to substance abuse, mental illness, and addiction in general. There are parts I read almost daily to remind myself of the shit I went through to get where I am today. It'd also the Nobel that showed me what literature was capable of, and sparked a long time obsession with reading. It's not the greatest book I've ever read, but it's had the most impact on me, and it led me to all of my favorite authors. It might be my all time favorite for that reason.

kys you disgusting junkies

This.

Oblomov did a bit. It made it harder to stay in the lazy rut I was in.

also what said

>implying he knows what that book is

t. 80 IQ demihuman

fpbp

Meditations actually

not super profound but it helped me get through a rough year, helped me be calm and get focused on goals. A year later I got back into school

I grew up in a non religious house and I never really cared about religion. So when the internet was filled with atheists constantly repeating to each other that there's "no evidence" I actually believed them, I had no reason not to. When I read this book I discovered there actually were reasons to believe and I kind of felt deceived, and so I started to read more books about theism. It created a desire in me to learn more about philosophy.

the books i read in childhood shaped my mindset, but the one that actually improved my life most in a practical way was probably pic related

Looking for Alaska literally got me laid once

Books made everything worse and there's no going back

Ineluctable modality of dis dank.

There is nothing about that picture that insinuates that person said anything close to that.

Do tell.

Best post I've read all year

>read the book and pretend to like John Greene to impress some dumb bitch
>fuck her
about that simple desu

I can think of hundred ways that a neckbeard would get that wrong. I have a girlfriend, but I still want to know.

The Bell Jar

It made me realize my ""depression"" was a temporary funk instead of an outright mental illness like Plath's and it made me be less of a bitch

Weed is so fucking gay
You can pick between adderal, psychedelics, alcohol, opis, whatever and people choose the one with the most lame effect. If you are going to play with your brain at least play something worth the danger

The book would be Don Quixote, since it was a gateway to literature

fucking lol is that the same guy as the one reading akimbo while standing?

>adderall
Too much energy
>psychedelics
I'm too autistic for that
>Alcohol
hangovers
>opis
Seems nice but too dangerous imo

Weed gives a nice relaxing high, what's the big deal?

Made me accept the life I am bound to lead.

I just ordered this after seeing it around here often for years. Is it going to make me depressed and/or autistic

Only if you read it wrong. Stoner lead a better life than most of us could ever hope for.
It's still very brutal though

None because I'm not easily persuaded leftist.

What is this even supposed to mean

It means he doesn't read books for anything other than showing off

Madame Bovary, Lolita

IT WAS THE FRIENDS WE MADE ALONG THE WAY

F U C K you got him you got him good my man

Herman Hesse
C. G. Jung
Mircea Eliade
Rene Guenon
Ernst Junger

>ook
stopped reading right there, buddy.

>get cucked
>be a pedo

The Mysterious Island

those aren't books nigga
u ok?

They are. I am Jew. I am Law. I am Giant. I am Song. I am Water. I am Stone. I am Book. I am OK.

also: the art of war
the prince
and confession of a mask

the bible and the iliad

I just picked up Tropic of Cancer at a used book store and read Miller for the first time.

I was blown away, his writing is amazing. Even just his descriptions of walking through Paris are beautiful.

The Holy Bible

Sirens of Titan by Vonnegut

Marijuana dependency fucked my life up more than any other substance that the other guy listed. I've smoked weed almost every single day for the past 4 years and I'm currently on my longest break in about a year. It's a fucking black hole that just makes you keep coming back for more day after day.

I've OD'd on amphetamines, I've gotten black out drunk and ruined very important relationships, I've had bad psychedelic trips and gone through the most horrifying experience of my life, I've dealt with opi withdrawals. None of those have fucked up my life anywhere near as bad as marijuana. It was getting to the point where I'd be smoking a bowl every hour on the fucking hour because the thought of not having a high to get me through the day was such a horrifying concept. I treated it like reapplying a shitty bandaid to deep psychological wounds and it got less and less effective as time went on. I can read a textbook and remember its entire concepts but I can't fucking remember what I'm in the middle of doing half the time anymore. It never really dulled my cognition, but it was always the one thing I'd falter back to whenever I encountered any sort of life issue that could better be solved by me buckling up and dealing with it like a man.

Fuck weed

Human all too human

I just do em all

Maps of Meming.

Same man

The only thing to 'improve' me was an anime series.
I want everybody posting 'Meditations' to fuck off back to /r/eddit with their LARPing.

this, it got to the point where doing anything not stoned seemed like a waste of whatever it was that i was doing.

Alcohol only gives hangovers if you're fucking 12. You can drink a bottle of rye in a day and not get hungover.

Doesn't get more life changing than this 2beehon'st

You find them everytime you what?

David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been

Humans are creatures of habit and addiction. The way to handle it is to make nearly every pleasurable thing a reward for legitimately hard work.

Gene Wolfe re-kindled my love for reading. My attention span is shot and have a hard time focusing on any one thing to completion. This is the best shit I've ever read though.

>starting strength

Veeky Forums here. that book is pure meme. If it changed your life, im sorry.

Phaedo

Machiavelli's "The Prince" taught how to be a better manager than any "How to be a team leader" book.