Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough...

>Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough, and looked don’t-fuck-with-me enough that his biggest problem was killing time. So he kept himself in shape, and taught himself coin tricks, and thought a lot about how much he loved his wife.

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095329
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You haven't read past the first page. It's called style. Love it or leave it. Would you rather some Dreiser?

*write like shit*
*say its my style*
>This is now okay

No one said good style.

Funny, this is about as far as I got too. I could immediately tell that yeah this was some reddit-tier shit that I have no time for.

I didn't even care much for American Gods, but I'll eat 15 copies of it if anyone here can produce a cogent take-down.

I'll even set a bar: prove it's worse than the Great Gatsby.

You have to be fucking kidding me. There's just no way that something like that is actually in a book, any book. Its reads like a fan fiction.

seems innocuous enough to be desu

>There she sat far left of the classroom near the window, not too far back for them to think she was troublesome, but not far front enough to get called on or draw too much attention. She was a little tall for her age, but her lithe figure gave away her youth, almost no curve to get her figure besides the slight flare of her hips and what was most likely a training bra. Violet Parr sat bored, looking out the window, her long black hair begging to be touched, with one of her large, expressive blue eyes covered. If it wasn't for her shy, soft spoken nature she would most likely be quite popular. Pretty, athletic, thin, when you actually looked at her it was hard to keep your eyes off her clear, almost doll-like white skin, and the well thought out, girlish outfit she had on. More than a few boys had taken notice of her long legs, and her light pink, pouting lips. She simply didn't have the confidence to put any of this to good use though. When she was the center of attention she couldn't resist nervously shifting, eyes downcast and just occasionally peaking up, wrapping her arms around herself as she tried to stay calm almost as if she was trying to hide herself. So while there were certainly a few boys she blushed to think about and wished she could talk to, the thought itself was enough to leave her unable to speak and fidgeting with the barrettes in her hair. This left her experience limited to brushing a boys hand once or twice, and longingly thinking about kissing her crushes as she held her pillow at night. And with her normal academic record and quiet, polite nature, Violet just faded into the background among all her peers, just like she was taught to as the government desperately tried to have supers live in society now. Which made it all the more shocking when the teacher called her name, everyone stopping to look at her as she was pulled out of her daydream, and said she was wanted in the Principals office.

cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095329

>When erotic fan fiction is better written than a Neil Gaiman book

>advertising your erotica
>selling point that it's better than gaiman

Stop wasting this board's time with your fanfic. It is awful and no one should ever read it. Burn it.

How I feel about Gaiman

Thirding this, I stopped here too. I would like to actually read the book just to destroy it but I've got real shit to do. Why is Gaiman a success?

Accessible in whatever he writes, from genre fiction, pulp and YA fiction
Heavily marketed by his publisher
Those movie adaptations that are actually pretty good introduces people to the original books
His co-writing and ghostwriting of children's books, colouring books, etc.
Very active via social media.
Wrote an episode of Doctor Who.

I mean, it's pretty awful work and all, but he's definitely putting in the time and effort to get his stuff noticed.

I'm so embarrassed that when I was in high school I thought Neil Gaiman was a good author and read almost everything he had ever written to that point. I even spent a lot of money buying shitty out-of-print comic books because his name was on them.

>implying his comic books are not great

Wasn't that line literally narrated in the TV series? Seems like people didn't complain about it.

This guy is only popular because he hits all of the diversity checkpoints that publishers, critics and marketing teams wet themselves over.

Gauntlet too heavy for this board to pick up.

>just to destroy it
As if you could. Didn't you shits read Portrait of an Artist? The fathers and classmates condemning works they hadn't read...?

Oh my god. Are you going to post that The Crow thread in a minute? Would you fuck off already? Nobody gives a shit.

Apparently you do

>calling your mc shadow

wew

"shadow moon" even. This shit is fanfic tier.

>Would you rather some Dreiser?
Yes, absolutely.

Guaranteed never read Dreiser. Tzara is an affront to dignity! How far from Ibsen!

I don't hear any of you beating the drum against Tennyson.

Oedipa Maas