Can I get some examples of pseudo intellectualism?

Can I get some examples of pseudo intellectualism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/stefbot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Derrida
youtube.com/watch?v=PnHmaUVxWDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Making this thread
Posting on Veeky Forums
Reading in public
Being poor

jordan peterson
sam harris

youtube.com/user/stefbot

>t. Pseud

everything ever written by Nietzsche

>being poor

This:
People who read Nietzsche very badly.

my diary desu

noam chomsky

Nerdwriter1

Jordan Peterson
Sam Harris
Scott Adams
Christopher Hitchens
Richard Dawkins
Slavoj Zizek
Noam Chomsky
William Buckley
Gore Vidal

The Veeky Forums catalog

/pol/
Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums

anyone have the latest IGNORE pic?

Reading on public transport

I suppose that depends on how you define intellectualism, doesn't it?

That wannabe anarchists

Honestly, and I don't mean this to even be snarky, but pointing out who is an "pseudo" intellectual like this Is the most pseud thing there is. It reeks of bottom dog defensiveness and tall poppy mouth breeders.

People who are genuinely smart and confident in that will be able to see the gold in many educated ideas, even if they don't agree with them, they would not make it their mission to "out" others for being dumb because they wouldnt imagine that process as being able to give them anything they don't already have.

>pointing out pseuds is pseuds

You did the exact same thing you pseud.

>getting trapped in your own paradox

Plain dumb

If everyone is a pseud, who isn't?

No, I didn't point out any pseuds, I named the criteria for pseuds, and demonstrated an example. Not the same as naming a specific celebrity that I'm "better than."

According to Veeky Forums, only absolute nobodies and unknowns. Makes them feel better about themselves.

ITT: pseuds are people I don't like

lmao papa franku

whenever someone spells it out instead of just casually calling someone a pseud desu

Lol dat dishonest reasoning.
You weren't calling that user a pseud when you said that what he did is "the most pseud thing there is?"

What exactly is the fucking difference? You think these semantic games make you sophisticated? They're a fucking joke.

And he never said he was better than anyone, that's 100% projection on your part.

Listen, man, I don't know what you want me to say and I don't really care. I stand by the fact that a usual giveaway for pseuds is that they like to tear down thinkers more than they like to enjoy engaging with their ideas, AND I don't think pointing that out is a pseudo-intellectual thing to do. Maybe you just need to get over it?

>that random fucking soros photo

was Plato a pseud?
he didn't have tenure and just wrote sloppy fanfiction

>my man molyneux aint't on that list

Yaheaeaz

basically people who dont read a lot but say they do like pic related

John Green is one of the biggest pseuds I've ever seen

anyone have this in full?

Thinking the bible is the word of god

not even pseudo.

Intellectual vapourwave is not vapourwave.

But he's an historian. Haven't you seen all the videos of him summarizing Wikipedia articles?

see

>Socrates
what did he mean by this?

Historian and cancer profiteer

>Reading in public
Why aren't you reading at any given chance, you pleb?

I'm surprised aurini wasn't posted there. He is the literal definition of a pseud and takes him self so serious too.

Molyneaux is the biggest pseud. His arguments are pure sophistry.

>reading on the train

Is there anything more pretentious, more attention-seeking?

What do you do on the train?

If you want some hardcore pseudo check out a feels thread on shit gets wild their.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Derrida

woah bugs... easy on the carrots

i read on the train. reading in public is spectacle if you see the person looking around to see if theyre being seen.

id rather read a book than stare at other people reading or swiping away on their smartphone.

Actual good answer here. The guy and his crew are not particularly intelligent or talented, but they make plenty of money regurgitating already commonplace ideas, facts and themes in a simplistic manner intended for the lowest common denominator (both in their web content and in John's books).
Good examples would be most of the "educational" youtubers, as well as many of the political ones though I'd argue that many of them aren't pushing any intellectual narrative. The ones that are, are probably pseuds.

Pseud does not equal "guy better educated and more famous than me whom I disagree with". There are highly educated pseuds, like that woman who teaches philosophy at Harvard and had that pants-on-head retarded abortion justification discussion with James Franco, but you tend not to hear about them as often since they stay in their echo chambers.

>boogie

>jesus christ is a pseudo intellectual

I fucking hate this board and everyone on it

you seriously replied to that post seriously... god, is this board autistic

i listened to one of petersons podcasts called on religion myth, science, and truth, and it was basically him babbling from one subject to the other for 2 hours straight.

Almost everything this guy has ever done.

The sheer volume of research he did makes up for it though

just browse Veeky Forums

I'm actually not even willing to call Peterson a pseud even as a joke.
That man is literally saving western civilization.

>no reviewbrah

Someone voiced an opinion that made me feel uncomfortable.

Ehhh pas mal pas mal...

Dostoevsky too? This chart is bait, m8.

I, myself, prefer to read on the beach. On a chair

>Slavoj Zizek
>Noam Chomsky

>pseudo-intellectuals
Please, Chomsky is one of the greatest erudites of our time, and Zizek's public commentary does not really reflect his actual philosophical career. He started telling jokes on tv only in his 50s, before that there are 40 years of intensely productive academic career. Generally reading his books will just show you that he really dumbs down lectures and interviews for uneducated people to understand him.

>"That's not fair" guy from Twilight Zone
Topkek

C. H. Jung
Ain Rand
Slavoj Zizek
Peterson etc

Homsky is good guy, but only in linguistics' area.

Just look in the mirror, OP.

>but only in linguistics' area.

eeeeek wrong.

his linguistics are intimately linked to his politics. remember political ideologies rely on assumptions on human nature. chomsky views people as structurally social, creative producers....as seen in peoples use of language and his theories on linguistics.

ha ha newb

why is Veeky Forums full of brainlets these days?

you're annoying. go away

Chomsky is respected in political science and foreign politics studies, and his works are read almost worldwide by students and scholars.
I genuinely can't see how Chomsky is not qualified in political sciences. Have you ever checked on his sources? The guy is a walking encyclopedia.

How cynical do you have to be to assume someone else reading is a show for you? That others only exist inasmuch as you perceive them? You're projecting your egotism.

Did you ever read his writings? I did.

Students and scholars can read everything. And that doesn't make some bullshit more scientific.

Everyone's theories about everything is linked to their politics you fucking hack.

>scientific
You're an idiot.

Tell your arguments please.

Is anything for kids or teenagers pseud

Well you seen to think that scientific is better than scholarly for some reason. But the only difference at that point is actually conducting a scientific experiment. So do you think that to have a good knowledge of a field (e.g., politics) you must conduct experiments?

>Jesus Christ, Bertrand Russell, Kafka, Chomsky
>Socrates

This isn't funny this is just embarrassing

>Tolstoy next to OnisionSpeaks
kek'd

Damn, you beat me to it.
This entire board is an example.

>browses reddit
>unironically talks about Bill Nye as if he has any credibility.
>continually uses buzzwords and obscure language to make a point in an "argument"
>gets offended from differing point of views
>thinks he's always right, incredibly pompous and arrogant,
>talks with the mannerisms of a stereotypical Londoner
>will dismiss you if you fail to recall his vague quotes from trashy "enlightenment" (((philosophers)))
>memorizes tons of pointless quotes that he googled, favorite quotist is fucking Winston Churchill
>quick to call others pseudo-intellectuals with a lack of basis for reasoning

That's all folks, if two or more of these correlate to you, you may be in threat of being a pseudo-intellectual.

>uses buzzwords and obscure language
>correlate to you
I hate it when people misuse the term corralate. Which reminds me, you forgot:
>anyone who reads "I fucking love science"

t. plebs

You just misspelled correlate you fucking twit.

Also, what the fuck are you even attempting to say?

This entire board, mah dude. Veeky Forums is pretty bad, too. People who actually study and apply their knowledge in real life aren't as eager to show off how smart or educated they are.

The problem we have here is that people perpetually browse this board and get a bloated sense of value from it.

They continue to discuss the same topics they've discussed a thousand times and in doing so minutely refine their understanding of these topics.

In refining these topics they resort to continually come up with arbitrary and abstract philosophies as a result, which is portrayed as complete gibberish to the layman.

Also, to all you Veeky Forumsilectuals here, reading books doesn't make you smart.

How can you not understand?

People who overuse or misuse the term correlate are pseuds.

People who browse I fucking love science are pseuds.

Etc.

This thread.

>show off how smart or educated they are.

On an anonymous image board. This isn't leddit. There are no upvotes to tickle people's vanity.

I can find Veeky Forums to be a decently tolerable place to discuss countercultural ideas, but there's plenty of dross and garbage posts to be had.

The one thing I can appreciate is that people who come here just enjoy discussing ideas and books and shit, because they enjoy it. There is no need to stroke your ego because it's anonymous.

And yet it's by far the most hostile and insufferable board.

The definition of it desu

Guess I don't linger here too often, thank goodness. Veeky Forums is way better most of the time, and there is a decent amount of overlap in subject matter.

>the wealthy in our society aren't idiotic
etymologically speaking

this is the fake one. I asked for the latest legitimate one, thanks.

None of them are legitimate you autist.

Armoured Skeptic

youtube.com/watch?v=PnHmaUVxWDk

Who on there isnt a pseud