Called Nick Land

>Called Nick Land
>Is actually an Atlanticist pirate-obsessed navyboo opposed to land-based ideologies
?

Other urls found in this thread:

xenosystems.net/quote-note-233/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

from now on I'm calling everyone who knows who Nick Land is a "Landlubber"

xenosystems.net/quote-note-233/
>Geopolitically, today’s Europe is an Atlanticist entity. Geopolitics, as envisioned by the Englishman Sir H. Mackinder, asserts that there are two types of civilization – the civilization of Sea (Seapower) and the civilization of Land (Landpower). They are constructed on opposite systems of values. While Seapower is purely mercantile, modernist, and materialist, Landpower is traditionalist, spiritual, and heroic. This dualism corresponds to Werner Sombart’s conceptual pair of Händlres and Helden. Modern European society is fully integrated into the civilization of Sea which manifests itself in the strategic hegemony of North America and NATO.
>(I guess people are allowed one irritating joke about my name, and then we’re done with that.)
Kek

Bump

Anglo-American grand strategy, from the British Empire to todays global military hegemony of NATO/US, has always been to dominate the "world island". That is why current Atlanticist strategists and military planners seek to control the ME/Central Asia/Caucus region. (Shitload of oil and gas there too)

He is probably just playing his part as an influentual British? academic. It would not be a good look for him or the Anglo establishment for him to be a Slavophile Eurasianist.

In this new fake-Cold War tension-with-Russia (Syria not included thats abit tense)

his real name is Nic Klan D.
wake up sheeple

>literally shilling for the Jews
Land and neo-reaction in general have always been a disappointment. Here's for hopin' that the greater Eurasian axis Russia-Iran-China will stop the eternal Anglo dead in his tracks. Europe has still the chance of emancipating itself from Atlanticist hegemony.

As long as computer super-intelligence is summoning down Platonic Dread-Forms from beyond the boundaries of profane logic, I don't really think he cares.

Yes the EU elite have some hard choices to make in the coming years - to continue the Atlantic-centric alliances with Washington and London or join the new mighty Eurasian Union with Russia, China, Iran etc. Interesting times ahead.

Sounds like science fiction bro.

Who is this guy anyway and why is he Veeky Forums?

Esoteric knowledge.

"Esoteric knowledge" is a con, so is he a pro bullshitter?

Well meme'd omg bugs le carrots XD!

>Plato
>is actually a bowl

>be me
>be confirmed landlubber
>see pirate references
>remember that i pulled this off his twitter feed yesterday
>checks out
>seems legit
>love life
>can't > feels-holding

henry morgan did nothing wrong

I'm writing a short story about the CCRU and land's affair with sadie plant before his descent into weed/ampetamine fuelled madness, chinese rent-boys and attempt to infiltrate the financial elite by shagging greenspans daughter (who is a munter).

Just now i'm writing a bit where Land is stuck in a toilet cubicle at a jugalist rave, buggering grooverider (of fabio and grooverider fame) and trying not to cum too soon by thinking of deleuze's later theories.....he has an epiphany but I'm not quite sure what the epiphany should be.

also, since we're here:

how is trump not a fucking Buccaneer King? isn't that part of the secret of his appeal & the reason for the hatred and disgust? because he is a fucking unscrupulous pirate warlord?

He's not a bigger warlord than Hillary.

some measure of warlordism, whether open or muted, comes baked-in to us hyperpower & what are essentially the dynastic politics of empire. House Clnton/House Bush. House Kennedy, once. and now House Trump.

it's the *way* trump does it is the thing. when cheney was openly taking an acetylene torch to the constitution Dubya was there to be a kind of genial front-man for the operation. that's not there anymore. trump now *openly* says what everyone used to suspect was the case. and behind him is bannon, who is even more unfiltered in his sensibilities.

he's a meme, but *what* a meme. so meme he's not even a meme anymore. he's Real. and we sail the high seas w/him now. crazy stuff.

but i think he has *pirate ethics* and that is what skews with the blue team.

Sounds like Dugin. Does Land mention him at all?

he talks big but doesn't have the balls of hillary to follow up

>Called Nick Land
no you didn't

Nick Land, like Slavoj Zizek, seem fascinating and interesting on the surface, but if they would express their ideas in more direct, simpler and plainer language nothing of interest remains; their ideas could be expressed in short essays but that wouldn't bring them the following they have

>their ideas could be expressed in short essays but that wouldn't bring them the following they have
Which is??

I want Anglophobes to leave.

Because I'm sure Nick Land of all people cares about how he looks in British academia.

>BEADY EYED ANGLO
>MOUTH FULL OF LIES
>WITH A BURNING HATRED FOR CIVILIZATION
We will get the shifty anglo one of these days, just wait and watch...

His wife isn't related to Alan Greenspan.

Are you fucking retarded?

Land's new stuff isn't even hard to read, he states what he believes pretty explicitly. You may just be dumb.

right his stuff on jacobite is pretty straightforward

Will you post it?

Okay guys, what should i do to get the most from his 90s writings?

What's wrong with my question?

>You may just be dumb.
Exactly the kind of attitude I was expecting
And I have been told already;
>Land's new stuff isn't even hard to read
and having read the pdf "A Nick Land reader" one user shared, sure
So ok, I will correct myself on Land - and I might be stupid, more like no logical skills, but I'm able to understand most scientific papers and textbooks, but struggle to find the logic behind Zizek's concept of ideology - which seems to be that it is unconscious and system-justifying

don't give away the twist in my story, you cunt
no

I'm not saying you are stupid but there have been people who have come into these threads claiming Land was long-winded and when asked to give examples of things hard to understand they chose sentences a high schooler could understand. I don't read Zizek so I don't know how hard he is to understand.

Read D&G

Read the first word of the blog post linked in the post you replied to.

>yfw Nick is getting redpilled on the JQ

Idiots will be saying this as if that makes problems disappear until it's way too late.

>Alexander Dugin has an unmatched ability to throw me into a thede-spasm. When he talks about the Atlantean enemies of his people, it’s absolutely impossible for me not to recognize them as my folks. He’s like the Hyperborean double of Walter Russell Mead in that way.

In that vein, I was musing about a death-bed thede-moment competition. Which three books do you have at your bedside to provide ideal thede-coloration to your final moments? (In the old English radio program Desert Island Discs, The Bible and Complete Shakespeare were thrown in for free. Make that the KJV bible, and it seems to me an obvious part of the Anglo-thede core — so the Outside in show will provide them too.) My selection: Paradise Lost; The Wealth of Nations; and An Essay on the Principle of Population. Those are the works to take a nuke from Dugin for.

*nation of shopkeepers intensifies*

Who else /beady-eyed individualist Anglo/ ?

Oh fer fuck sakes. I called "Land ahoy! like two months back and no one said shit. Fuck you guys and your shitty lives adrift the eternal non-communicable. This was my thing.

He's tight in it yasee. Ya blind? He's half measures. He's appeasement. He aint no scallywag. Not as I sees it. And I've got the crows nest locked down with a few kicks. Grogs and biscuits plentiful for mad crowing king atop the farsighted ship a fools, I am. Watching ya floundering detestable things go sideways into what was always predictable, that the crew says fuckya while ya grind, grind, grind until she's getting closer, then either ya eat gold and plunder or buggering them out of the cabin and into the brine.

What makes you say this? His twitter?

Anyone have any works on pirate ethics and how it relates to the Anglo tradition?

>Macron on the side with "refugees"
Isn't Macron proposing a much stricter immigration policy for France in defiance the EU?

The liberal populist and staunch Atlanticist Macron is the newest incarnation of EU technocrats. The Belgian philosopher David Engels notes in his work Auf dem Weg ins Imperium (On the road to [a European] Empire) that in the near future European elites will try to accommodate rightwing populism by embracing some of its policies. The long time outcome may be an authoritarian European Empire ruled by a military type strongman.

i understood maybe 1/3rd of this but completely enjoyed 3/3rds of it. the world needs more crusty pirate philosophy tbqhwyf. piracy & buccaneering is always cool. always

>pirates v ninjas tho
>tough call
>have to go with pirates i think. esp in the west. in the east ninjas are a better look. stealth is good but pirates kick ass
>all right well at least we accomplished something valuable for society today, resolving our meme pirate/ninja preferences. phew. another hard day at the office

>He's appeasement. He aint no scallywag.
you're right about this, i think. he wants to be full-on pirate but he also has to be presidential. America First (yo ho). bit of a quandary. hence the perpetual re-branding of his own messages & shuffling around of cabinet guys, press secretaries & otherwise.
>all that is less cool that pirate shit tho
>greek kings & viking raiders managed to make it work
>why not america
>oh yeah right b/c democracy & media
>fucking democracy making everything so boring

basically just more pirate commentary tho plz.

Macron was in the government which was creating the refugee problem in France, now he presents himself as the savior. His campaign was run with German EU money and he is basically a mascot for the EU, with all its mindless policies
A banker is a banker is a wanker is a banker

>which was creating the refugee problem in France
?
Not even a Macron voter/supporter, but the problem was both created by Sarkozy when he decided to fuck with Libya which was acting as a buffer against mass migration, and Merkel. He was besides in charge of the economy for like a couple of years, so not even had a say in the matter.

Is there any interest in having his works translated into English? I read the translation of his wiki page and his ideas seem to merit further study.

It's an interesting attempt at drawing parallels between ancient Roman and contemporary European civilization. Its conclusions are highly speculative and of a propositional nature. I get some serious Spenglerian vibes from it, so if you dig that you might give it a go.

And it doesn't look like it will be translated soon.

>that in the near future European elites will try to accommodate rightwing populism by embracing some of its policies.
I don't find it that odd or suprising, that's how politics works - see for example the political science book the dictator's handbook.
Both in authoritarian or democratic context a leader needs to accommodate their supporters, for the dictator that's usually the military and party members, for the democrat that would be the voters and - I would argue - certain cooperations

Values and ideology matter only so much, at the end of a day a system and hierarchy must be supported. That's what it means to be woke

>cooperations
Corporations
Sorry about that, Dutch slip

Soon Europe will have enough non-Europeans that the centre-left can win with a coalition of minorities + progressives, like the US Democrats. At that point, they won't need to cater to the anti-immigration wishes of the native population

Logic. Doesn't. Justify.

Realty does. If reality is illogical, but you are attempting to describe it, of course you're going to come off as a loon.

Darn. I'm having the same problem with some of Dugin's works.

>Land ahoy!
I always thought it was "Land ho!" This makes no sense, you loser.

Why the fuck do people think Dugin is worthwhile? Any ideologue backed by a state is full of shit. That's why you stop reading Hegel after the Lectures on the Philosophy of History and move onto Marx, ignoring the former's later career as a mouthpiece of the Prussian state.

You lost me at
>Move onto Marx.

Good boy, Have a Skeleton