I'm about to pick up a copy of American Gods. Which edition/cover is better...

I'm about to pick up a copy of American Gods. Which edition/cover is better? Does it matter or is it just your preference?

The Barnes and Noble plastic monstrosity is best.

I have the right and love it but don't talk about AG here you'll get bullied

Is it really? I prefer paperback, and it's cheaper, but if it makes a difference, I'll go with that one.

You should get the cover that instructs you how to kill yourself for buying that piece of shit.

I've seen it talked about a couple of times on here but never anything bad other than they didn't particularly like it. What's wrong with it?

I remember about 6 years ago when "Le" was a Veeky Forums thing.

How can you tell anything about me or my preferences based on a book that I have said I haven't read yet and have no opinion on? It may be shit, I don't know.

Let's say is not that bad if you enjoy Hollywood type tropes. The book feels like it was meant to be a movie/tvshow which I believe it is now. Go read something with more depth and you tell us why American Gods is bad.

It is shit and you can only be excused for being interested in it if you're a teenage redditor who doesn't know any better like I was when I read it.

You act like this is the only type of books I read. Can't I experiment and actually read the books to see if I like them and not make preconceptions of books based on what everyone on this board regurgitates?

>reading neil GAYman america faggets
what is this, reddit?

No kid I didn't say that. Read what the fuck you want, all said is that the book is goddam aweful.

If I went on reddit, don't you think I'd be asking this question on reddit?

First it was used sincerely, then ironically, and now it's hated because Reddit and other sites used it sincerely during the ironic phase. Happens with about most things that come out of here.

exactly why you're not excused and should therefore kill yourself.

You've read it and I haven't. By your logic, you should kill yourself.

Wtf using le ironically is gay

I've read it and he's right. its shit.

As I said before, I read it when I was a redditor and didn't know any better. You are on Veeky Forums so I know you've been exposed to better options. Also I did feel like killing myself after reading that abortion.

Well, I appreciate that you care for my well-being, but me reading it or not has no effect on you as much as you may think otherwise. I asked a question; if you don't have an answer, fuck off.

I do have an answer, it's that you should get the cover that tells you how to kill yourself.

Offer still stands from the other thread. I'll eat 15 copies of American Gods if anyone here can present a cogent takedown.

Bar was previously set at proving it a worse book than Gatsby. I'll go even lower: Prove it's worse than The Long Goodbye.

It's a fun read, used to be my favourite book. I used to think it was srs biz but these days I just enjoy the prose and how comfy it is.
Get the blue one though.

Get the Author's Preferred Text, should be a red cover instead of blue.

I wish Veeky Forums abandoned memes completely and then Reddit and Tumblr would follow and then the whole planet would be improved.

But another "bugs.... easy on the carrots" won't hurt now, will it

> he was a redditor once

Lmao you fucking faggot how about go fuck yourself