What are the best characters in pic related and why are they chaplain and major major major major

What are the best characters in pic related and why are they chaplain and major major major major

I've never read it.

You're missing out

I hate this shitty book so much. I don't see how anyone enjoys it.

Major major major is funny and all but Yossarian is the best character.

It's been a few years since I've read it but the "Feather in my cap" general is definitely one of the best

Also the one guy who cares so much about the weekly marches

>not the Milo chapters where he capitalizes on the war to build the greatest business empire the world's ever seen

Note: I misread OP's post as "what are the best chapters" instead of "the best characters". However, the answer is still Milo

The chaplain is the worst fucking character in the book, he's the only sympathetic one but he's just a caricature for Heller to go "LOL you believe in god I'm gonna show you how very silly that is." I ain't even religious but a good way to gauge a person's character writing is how they treat people of belief and Heller just gets it so so wrong because he wants to douse it in his fedora atheism.

I do agree that Heller's atheism is extremely fedora-like, but I stil enjoyed the book nonetheless. It's alright as long as you don't take it as an argument for atheism.

Ex-PFC Wintergreen

>tfw that was the first book I read at the beginning of this year and I barely remember anything about it besides Yosarein not wanting to be in the war and Milo being a psycho capitalist bastard

there were like 50 characters how am I supposed to remember them all???

Nately's whore is my absolute favorite.

But the obvious choice would be Milo or Yossarian

What was the deal with her? How come she did love Nately in the end?

How come you literally didn't remember any other characters or events?

Didn't he save her little sister or something. It's been a few years so I might be wrong

He did, but she always ignored him (Nately, not her sister).

That's just how women work

Washington Irving was my favorite desu

I remember certain events, just not many specific characters.

>because it's associated with fedora athiesm now means it was shit back when it was written

>Orr
>Yossarian
>The greatest egg supplier the world has ever seen, Milo

>Milo

but then again, reading the same shit fifty times in two "different" ways makes you dislike almost everything about this three-hundred too long book

Did Yossarion have personality outside of wanting to get out of the war?

Cathcart and Schiessekopf

This book is really just the same joke over and over again, but it's so good.

light kek

He was a womanizer, and seems to have a sense of humor

he wanted to get laid and not die. If that's not empathetic, I don't know what is

Irving Washington was my favorite

Aarfy did nothing wrong.

Some parts were repeated, but I still think a lot of it was original and the book isn't too drawn out.

No.

Yes he did

and he started caring less about her which made her want him all the sudden.
(I really hope I am not remembering this wrong or jsut prijecting)

Orr was my favorite

I don't know, every character I got to in the 60-70 pages I could tolerate were fucking horrible

Why didn't anyone tell me this was just "whose on second" for hundreds of fucking pages. Trash

Either way, Milo is the answer.

Is Nately a prediction of the future of man?

Dunbar for loving doing things he hated every minute of donig (them) because the time passed so slowly that he accumulated it to extend his life and (maybe) live forever.
And not givnig a fuck.

Chief White Halfoat

or Major Major Major's father