Hector of Troy

I am everything you want to be.

No that would be Achilles.

Wait he's not a cute girl

Achilles was a petulant faggot who had everything handed to him by fate and divine forces.

Hector is just a very brave and competent man defending his family and country.

Would rather be Hector desu.

No that would be Diomedes.

No that would be Diogenes

>Achilles was a petulant faggot
Why?

No that would be some random cute greek boy getting fucked by him on the down low

>not Oedipus
excusemewtfareyoudoing.epub

There are a lot of heroes inscribed in the Iliad, that is for certain; however, Hector is the greatest hero of the potentially true story, it really is hard to argue against it, unless you haven't read it.

He fought and died for his country, family and people, and he lost everything in the process.

user gets it because user has read it.

No, that would be Odysseus.

You're assuming everyone wants to be the greatest hero. In which case Gaius Julius Caesar would be the greatest hero in history

>very brave
>runs in a circle
>runs in a circle
>runs in a circle

We can argue all day in regards to the hero's of historical literature.

But Hector and his love and loyalty to family, country and people will always reign supreme in my eyes.

In this case, as for many other cases in history, the victory is not always the true hero.

Got dragged around by a chariot. Not very heroic

Your definition of heroic is absurd, please read the Iliad prior to trolling.

Obviously you don't know the nationality of Homer. History is written by the victors.

False, he's trash and deserved his death.
>WE

Again. OPs premise is that everyone wants to BE him. And I think it's the minority that craves heroism above all else

Fascinating how you can deal out that kind of judgment behind a computer.

He is more than you will ever be, for his name has resonated since around 1200 BCE.

What does that make you?

Why do you think I care? Fuck off, viKANG. Letzter Mensch. I have no room in my heart for a tool.

Thank you user.

The moral of the story:

>Victory does not always imply supreme heroism.

He isn't a hero, he's a tool. You're a tool. Don't you have some LARPing to prepare for?

>So what does that make you?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Don't disrespect ancient heroes just because you will never be one.

>WE WUZ TROW GANS N SHIEEET
Fuck off, tool. I'm above you and your idols.

When will you be done LARPing?

Yeah, the other reason why i want to give Hector a love child is that, in the end, he just wanted to live his life peacefully, fucking Andromaca every night and training his horses every day, then enters Paris and things got fucked up. The "greeks" were loaded with heros, from Agamemnon to Odysseus, while the only true hero from the sacred Troy was just him, Hector.

Well, i thought ancient literature was a topic of discussion on this board, and i figured the Iliad and the men/women associated with it would be a interesting topic.

Do me a favor fuck off, or offer some sort of inquiry into the Iliad and the characters within that ancient piece of literature.

You probably have nothing to contribute, so I'm going to have to recommend the former.

he's right this is some cheesy larping. and you didn't start this off as a sincere topic of discussion asking Veeky Forums about anything, all you said was "I am everything you want to be" and left it at that, so don't even try to play it off like that. you post like a reddit tourist who used to lurk The_Donald and just started getting into literature recently.

This.

The reality of this comment is very depressing. The moment hector decided to defend the decisions of his brother Paris, was the moment Troy was destined for destruction, or at least the destruction of hundreds of Trojan lives.

I really do wish we knew more about that conflict to really examine the military aspect of that war.

Its a true mystery.

Thanks for that. I'll log that away into my file of worthless information.

Fine.

>Iliad general.

>Thanks for that. I'll log that away into my file of worthless information.

lol you even bant like a reddit faggot.

Please, for the love of god please, spell bait right.

>I am everything you want to be.
Dead?

pls b layers

Dead?

Hector is the ideal citizen, loves family and his country. His goal is to defend his home from foreign invaders.

Achilles is the ideal individual, seeking eternal glory, trying to engrave his name in stone so that it will be remembered through the ages.

Only one succeeds.

>user gets it because user has read it.
A very shallow reading since he fundamentally misunderstood the most important thing in the Iliad. I won't tell you what it was.

>had everything handed to him by fate and divine forces

>His love gets stolen
>His best friend died
>Doesn't even enter Troy

You are talking about Aeneas, now THAT guy got help.

No, WE WUZZERY does not belong here. Go back to /pol/.
>inquiry
>contribution
Nice memes you redditor fucktool.

That's why he's right

He is brad pitt

Yeah and fucking trojan girls on the side :^) check out Andromaca by Euripides.

Also trojans had Sarpedon (son of zeus), Aeneas (granpapi of the romans), paris (fucboi but killed achilles in the end) and a very active apollo.

Hector was the big dick at troja still.

Eneas is the patrician choice to be quiet honest with you sir