what do Veeky Forums think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

therationalmale.com/2014/02/23/beta-fucks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i dunno but "the rational male" is an anagram for "lame oriental hat"

kek

>oriental
That's racist

oriental is only offensive when applied to a person but fine when applied to inanimate products of asian craftsmanship. "oriental hat" is fine, "oriental's hat" will get your ass sent to sensitivity training. you need to read up on absurd liberal etiquette.

>le 'rationality is good' meme

>absurd liberal etiquette.
Im sure you wouldnt mind if i called you an Occiental.

i wouldn't because slurs rely on underlying socioeconomic inequality so calling a white guy a cracker or whatever is utterly impotent. the absurdity of liberal ideology is its insistence on addressing symptoms instead of causes.

Yeah idk man gwailo is the only decent slur I've heard for a white.

pretty cool

>t. cuck

the rational male -> a manlet, a lit hero

noice

Pokai!

What is pokai?

so, is this a typical Veeky Forums quality discussion thread?

>doesn't know:
>Gaijin
>Laowai
>Adogah

Know gaijin. Isn't laowai same as gwailo? No idea about adogah sorry

Gwailo is Cantonese (ghost man); Laowai is mandarin Chinese (Johnny foreigner); Adogah is Taiwanese/Minnanyu (big nose).

Cute

You haven't lived until you've been racially abused by smiling yellow freaks in five different languages - and walked on, oblivious, comfortable in the skin of your own white privilege.

Truly life is yet to begin

>tfw a Chinese woman sneers at you and secures her purse
wtf I'm transracial now

that's only if you're black, sorry.

>Rollo Tomasi
hmm

I've got a copy of The Rational Male but haven't read it yet.

Is it any good?

>last oil room

the book has some flaws, but it also has a lot of ideas and considerations to make you draw some very interesting conclusions about your life (sexual and not) in general.

it's mostly a book that explains why most men can't get laid/why their marriage is sexless/why your gf fucked another guy,
etc.
not for people who get easily triggered

It's sexless because I don't feel like having sex.

so, according to the book, either you are older than 60, either your wife is an unattractive land whale. Or you are simply in denial.

Surely you could at least give it a try

it's a self-help book by a celebrity redditor. what do you think?

>redditor
he's a blogger and he started writing at least 10 years before r/theredpill was made

whoa, that changes everything. he's a redditor AND a blogger AND a self-published author of self-help books about getting laid? no wonder you're so enamored with the guy.

except his books aren't about getting laid you dumb memer

Asians are wealthy as fuck

>except his books aren't about getting laid you dumb memer
>it's mostly a book that explains why most men can't get laid/why their marriage is sexless/why your gf fucked another guy

so which is it? i've never heard of he guy before this thread so you fanboys will have to explain the appeal to me.

he explain the causes of those things (from a scientific/evolutionary standpoint), not how to fix them, he isn't a PUA. Also his main point is to teach how to live a healthy live without being obsessed about women/relationships/sex, so from that point of view it's quite the opposite.

After reading the first 2 books, i can say that he doesn't spread an ideology to believe in, but simply he observes and explains the intersexual dynamics, for you to draw the conclusions.

personal note: i'm not so sure about some of his scientific explanation, or about how true or not some of his hypothesis are.
but i can also say that those books changed me a lot, i got from a beta robot to a guy who can easily get laid nowadays

>it's just science you guys, not some pua cult!
>btw i get laid three times a day with one simple trick!

yeah nah

you can keep on meming or you could try reading some articles on his blog.

it has almost nothing to do with PUA, and there are no simple tricks, it took me 2 years to get where i am now, and his books aren't the only ones i read

Nice, definitely going to read that next.

i dunno you're just doing a really poor job of explaining this. it's all about science, but the science is probably wrong. it's not about getting laid, but you use it to get laid. he teaches you how to live but he has no ideology.

nah i'm not gonna read his blog. i'm getting all i need from your strange self-contradictory thoughts.

if i've misunderstood something then please explain. why would i read the guy's blog when i can judge the end result of his teaching in the form of a person who's been following him for years and claims to have had his life changed by it? so far you mostly seem confused and uncertain. would you say you were more or less confused before you entered the path of "the rational male"?

wasn't me

i'll try to elaborate

>it's all about science, but the science is probably wrong.
for example, he states that (quoting): “Evolution has largely selected-for human females with a capacity to form psychological schemas that preserve an ego-investment that would otherwise afflict them with debilitating anxiety, guilt, and the stresses that result from being continuously, consciously aware of their own behavioral incongruities. Evolution selects-for solipsistic women who are blissfully unaware of their solipsism.” Now, i'm not convinced about the evolutionary basis of the women's solipsism, but regardless if it's true or not, what he says is verifiable and observable in everyday's life.

>it's not about getting laid, but you use it to get laid.
his point is that if you can live a healthy (physically and mentally speaking) life alone, thatn women will come to you. so he doesn't teach you how to get laid, like every other pua, but he teaches how to be a better men to whom women are attracted to. so eventually you can get laid anyway, but that's not the main point of the blog/books

>he teaches you how to live but he has no ideology.
quoting him: "Im not a psychologist, or a pua, or a men's right activist, or a motivational speaker. i'm just a guy who's connected some dots."

>capacity to form psychological schemas that preserve an ego-investment
>Im not a psychologist

>Im not a psychologist

>Im not a psychologist

how did you manage to paste both of these quotes into one post and not laugh at the comedy of this?

you read these streams of pseudo-science babble from a guy who admits to having no education in the fields he's stealing random words from... but that's okay because you like his conclusions even thought you know his reasoning is nonsense. he can't be a pua because he said he wasn't one! he's just a guy who connected some dots, and the dots happened to align into some ancient piece of reverse psychology about how women will lust after you if you ignore them. and it's all backed up by science, which is wrong, but that's okay.

how are you not dying of embarrassment after admitting that you devoted the last two years of your life to this shit? does evolutionary psychology hold the answer? did you have your sense of shame bred out of you?

he has a phd in psychology, but i see you still want to meme some more.

and even if it's just pseudo-science babble (which it could be, as i said before), i don't really care because that stuff works and brings positive results

A large amount of psychology studies aren't even replicable dude.

i know that, i'm just trying to reason with somebody who only wants to shitpost.

i just wanted to talk with somebody who have read the first 2 books/bought the new one

The title should be: 'a practical guide for shy boys how to interact with girls based on internet wisdom'.
This book is not much to do with rationality neither much with manhood.

>he has a phd in psychology
>quoting him: "Im not a psychologist

what the hell is even going on here? do you see how bewildering this is from outside your little bubble?

he's a scientist but also not, explaining things with science except the science is wrong but it doesn't matter that it's not real science because it really works, and you know it works because it lets you reach your goal of getting laid except that's not the goal, the goal is to avoid women so that you get laid, no wait getting laid is accidental, the goal is to learn how to live your life and he teaches you how to live your life but he has no ideology or anything, he's just a guy with common sense and occasionally a phd in psychology but mostly not and why would it matter if he has one when the science being right or wrong makes no difference? right and wrong don't matter, contradictions don't matter, because you just don't care. you don't care. why should you care? you don't care.

now i'm no psychologist, i'm just connecting some dots here. do you know what it's called when you can't state your beliefs without immediately encountering contradictions and having to make excuses for them? that's called a delusion.

its a collection of barely edited blog posts, complete with spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and no index.

>i just wanted to talk with somebody who have read the first 2 books/bought the new one

doesn't the guy have a whole subreddit for that? you must have anticipated that posting about your weird self-help guru on Veeky Forums is going to result in mockery.

>quoting him: "Im not a pua

>therationalmale.com/2014/02/23/beta-fucks/

>What made them notable was the gender dynamic between them I picked up on immediately. Within the first 3 minutes of coming up behind them in line the guy had made every Beta tell I think Roissy has a term for. When I got in line he was hugging up on her from behind, leaning in and she stood there like a tree. His posture and body language, as well as his attitude instantly told me this couple’s relational dynamic – he was the qualifying Beta and she was the mouthy, hard-to-please Hyena. (...)

>I did nothing to actively Game this girl, she was Gaming herself. I’ve seen this before. There’s a branch of Game (I think Roosh mentions it) that speculates that sometimes girls will Game themselves and all you need to do is not fuck it up. Sometimes less is more; when a woman is already attracted to you, Game becomes remaining aware of the indicators, allowing the proper flow and just presuming the sale.

yup, totally not a pua. totally not a creepy guy making up stories about how easy it would be for him to fuck your gf because of his amazing pua game. jesus fucking christ people how do you read this shit and not die of shame

have you read it? it was supposed to be about parenting and masculinity, not shy boys

looks like you simply have some reading comprehension problems if you cannot grasp such simple concepts as "being a psychologist" and "having studied psychology"

are you talking about the new one? the other 2 had index, and only the first one had mistakes and errors.

>mockery
kek. also it's not his subreddit. and i don't browse reddit anyway

it's a story about another guy, jesus christ. he's married and he has a 15to daughter

sorry, i half-misread you post. but i still don't get your point.

>I did nothing to actively Game this girl, she was Gaming herself.
this is literally what i intended in my previous post, there is no pua here

>it's a story about another guy, jesus christ. he's married and he has a 15to daughter

stop lying

>I had an interesting experience last Friday. I had finished a good workout and was on my way home when Bebé Tomassi texted me asking if I would pick up a sandwich for her from Subway and bring it to her at a school function. Sure, why not.

then he proceeds with the fantasy about how someone's gf at the subway totally almost had sex with him right there and then as he was buying his kid a sandwich.

>there is no pua here

the guy literally cannot walk into a subway without immediately assessing every person he sees in terms of "the game", which is a pua term for manipulating people into fucking you. the fact that he didn't actively pursue the girl but rather fantasized about how easy it would be to fuck her does not change the fact that this is a guy who comprehends reality purely in terms of pua tactics.

but nah, this guy is not a pua because he said he isn't. he's just a common sense guy with "no ideology"!

>which is a pua term for manipulating people into fucking you

he doesn't use the term in that way and you don't even know what pua is.

why are you still posting?

>looks like you simply have some reading comprehension problems if you cannot grasp such simple concepts as "being a psychologist" and "having studied psychology"

i can comprehend that it's very strange for a person with a doctorate in psychology to call themselves "just a guy and not some psychologist" even if he's not currently practicing it, particularly since it's relevant to his actual occupation of writing pseudo-psychology on his blog. if i had a doctorate in computer science would it be normal for me to open my programming blog with "now i'm no computer scientist but..."? wouldn't that be a very bizarre thing to conceal?

but then again you're currently arguing that a guy who can't open his mouth without using pua terms is not a pua because he says he isn't so we know you're very good at ignoring serious inconsistencies in your belief system.

>manosphere.com

just because it is in the format of a book doesn't mean its Veeky Forums

i'm posting because as you can see no one is interested in legitimately discussing your weird guru so i'm just prodding you to see if you write more amazing idiocy like "he has a phd but his science is wrong but that's fine because it still lets me learn to live without women so i can fuck more women".

don't worry, i'll be stopping soon, i can tell the well is running dry.

>only the first one had mistakes and errors.

why did he publish it then?

was it to make easy money out of limp wristed brainlets?
I suspect so

good, finally

publisher issues? i don't remember but i think there was a specific reason. also he doesn't make money from blog or books

>good, finally

hey hey hey it's your pal coming back to check on your thread four hours later and, just as i expected, it went stone cold dead the moment i stopped shitting on it. i told you nobody actually cared about your creepy date-rape guru!

Psychology doesn't work, science doesn't work. Nothing works. Sorry, your meme cult is over.

people stopped using "oriental" not because it's "racist" but because it doens't make sense since if you use the holy land to orient yourself the orient would actually be the west in east asia