Don't participate in life

>don't participate in life
>expect to write something profound

>participate in life
>expect to write something profound

Where do you think this cat is now?

Whenever I see this picture I think of rage comics, and YouTube's 5 star rating system. 2007 was a simpler time.

such a person can write well about disappointment, loneliness, etc. normies cannot write about these topics. the problem is, the people who can write about these topics aren't in a social position that will allow them to be published.

>2007

2006 is the year normies ruined the internet for good. everything after that was shit.

>the problem is, the people who can write about these topics aren't in a social position that will allow them to be published.

Except the tremendous history of people who were

>not having masterpieces already lurking in your mind, waiting to be fully differentiated through ascetic willpower.

Normies know more about negative emotions than someone who has withdrawn from all adult challenges.

Everything you do is participating in life, faggot

that's thirteen years after eternal september began

Shakespeare: "I dare do all that may become a man." - 'Macbeth'

Terence: "I consider nothing human alien to me." - 'Heauton Timorumenos'

The only negative emotions normies will face stem from boohoo breakups i hate my ex soooo much! and boohoo my parents died at 80

>Normies know more about negative emotions than someone who has withdrawn from all adult challenges.

This is what I mean. Your representation of the world and the people in it is cartoonish. Everything you could possibly write would be juvenile and valueless.

>Not exploring the profoundness of mediocrity and ordinary life.

Have you met an average person yourself?
They are cartoonish, living caricatures

It only appears that way because you don't interact with them long enough to dispel your own assumptions and projections.
You're portraying yourself as some profound contemplator of humanity and at the same time portraying humanity as shallow. Something doesn't add up.

I'm not wrong, just generalizing. Your fake little optimistic outlook on normal people is just indicative of your lack of time spent in their humdrum, well-adjusted company. That brings more concern upon your perspective, and your prospective contributions, than mine.

Nah I actually came the opposite way, when I was younger I was optimistic and had this stupid "Every person is a novel waiting to be written" attitude towards people. It was going out and being consistently let down with their banality that brought me to this attitude

The masses seem to be worth a glance only in three respects: first as blurred copies of great men, presented on bad paper with worn out printing plates, then as the resistance against the great men, and finally as working implements of the great. For the rest, let the devil and statistics carry them off.

Normally I wouldn't bother with the "you don't know me" arguments but I feel compelled to use it here since you're characterization of me here s factually incorrect. Obviously I can't prove it but it might be worth thinking about if you're actually inclined to see discussion as an honest exchange of ideas.

>I'm not like the other girls

i'm not sure what you mean by withdrawn from all adult challenges. people unable to fully participate in life are not only NEETs, but the disabled, people too ugly to have romantic relationships, those whose lives precluded them from an active social life, etc. such people have conceptions of loneliness, regret and despair that normies will never understand or be able to express.

"""adult challenges"""
God, doing taxes, being on time for the job and worrying what Greg might think about your new Trophy wife is so harsh.

This is the thinking of women who think raising 2 kids is a herculean task. While my Grandfather was one of 12 children.

So in other words you're still in the edgelord antithesis stage. Maybe stop posting with the air of final judgement until you've achieved the equilibrium of that sweet post-synthesis clarity.

>its wrong to generalize and make 2-dimensional assumptions about people
>*does exactly that when pressed to defend himself*

Alright buddy, its time to go back

>It only appears that way because you don't interact with them long enough to dispel your own assumptions and projections.
Not true. The run-of-the-mill milestones are all the same. There's a path drawn for your class that you're supposed to follow. Make friends in high school, discover your sexuality, keep touch, go to college, go on road trips, hit the bars and clubs, move through relationships until you find a special someone, follow the marriage ritual, have kids, build a good home or divorce. Work in an office or wherever, make new friends. Watch superhero movies, listen to hip hop playlists on Spotify or classic rock and hits from your youth on the radio, have and Facebook and cater to your image, go on cruises and vacations to Mexico, lounge on the beach. Some have spice, like witnessing a suicide or a grave accident.
The rejects gather here, or in some other dark corner.
>You're portraying yourself as some profound contemplator of humanity and at the same time portraying humanity as shallow. Something doesn't add up.
That's some position you made up to have something to fight against. You think people here have hold themselves in high regard? After having barely lived a single day? Depressive people are self-absorbed but not delusional about their potential.

Normies live lives of utter opposition to the natural drive of the human being. They are artificial, emotionally and mentally repressed, battered by constant social pressure to conform and have suffered abuse for their entire lives at the hands of their parents and society as a whole. The reason normies appear to be just "fine" is because they have been taught that there is only one way to express emotion, and all other ways are weird and unacceptable. There is a reason normies show no emotion until all of a sudden they snap and kill themselves or others. That, or they live lives of quiet desperation until they die a pitiful death having lived life to its utter minimum, the very least a human can experience while remaining alive. In this way, normies are very similar to us neets. We experience life from a different perspective than normies, but we are still forced into destructive routines that deprive us of our basic needs and make us bitter and miserable. Normies are bitter and miserable as well, they just express it outwardly instead of inwardly. Road rage, workplace shootings, wife beating, child abuse, and all the other things you can thnk of are a result of this depravity. To say that normies do not have problems in the way that we have them is partly true, but also not true, and it is worth it to try to see life from their perspectives, as their lives are really just as dull and self destructive as ours are.

Being a brooding fatalist actually isn't all that interesting. It makes for a pretty one-dimensional world to an impartial observer and it's what makes blog posting so tiresome.
I don't see the evidence that the lives of your who's who list of untermensch should somehow be incomprehensible to normies.
On the contrary they're totally capable of understanding it, they're just not interested in it. They live in a world of constructed meaning that is objectively more complex and worthy of contemplation than the world of a NEET. It's like comparing Bach to Government Alpha.

I can't generalize a particular. I restated what he said in a way that reveals the underlying structure. He literally said that his current attitude is a reaction to his own prior and self-described "stupid" attitude. He's compensating. It isn't an accurate adjustment to the world. He hasn't integrated.

You romanticize (in a pessimist way) the normie condition. They are just airheads. Maybe it's true for the ladder-climbing normie you meet in some universities and prestigeous corporations, since while they are normies they had to reflect on their life quite a few times. But the average normie has an almost unbelievable banal mind.

You're just agreeing with us. They're too full of fucky notions and spooks in their heads to be able to be interesting or beneficial to spend significant time around.
They can be interesting subject matter in literature when their lives are condensed and microscoped to the points when those moments of clarity come out.
But to waste your time involving yourself with them is like sitting and watching a few individual stars waiting for a moment of interest to come

>It isn't an accurate adjustment to the world. He hasn't integrated.

You say, a priori framing your preferred attitude as "accurate" with no justification.

>That's some position you made up to have something to fight against.

You guys have a real problem confronting yourselves when you're shown yourself from the outside. I'm just making it up?
You don't get to call others "cartoonish, living caricatures" and then play the victim at the same time. The judgement of your statement carries the implication of your own supposed superiority. And it's obvious if you would be honest about it.

What is a cartoon? A two-dimensional representation of reality. A cartoon cannot comprehend 3-D land (where you apparently live). When you call them cartoons that's what you're implying. that you can comprehend them totality but that they can't even approach you. All the stuff about being depressed on Veeky Forums is rationalistic hedging.

>You don't get to call others "cartoonish, living caricatures" and then play the victim at the same time.

Eh yeah I totally can. I'm going to keep doing it even if it upsets you, exceptional cases exist and I'm pretty damn exceptional.

It doesn't upset me it has nothing to do with me. I just think you're putting blinders on. In my opinion it's not something to act triumphant about but whatever.

>hidden assumption: everybody has the same bitrate

weininger wrote something at age 20 that average writers cant even begin to compile at 70. becoming a recluse is a necessity for the sake of nervous system.

Your grandfather, while being one of 12 children, managed to grow up to do taxes, be on time for his job and had at least one child.

How about you?

Minutes, maybe hours
of your own existence

that you have forgotten,
but that I

remember. You live
a secret life

in another's memory.

Sit with me
dear, tell me

of that time
when I do not

exist anymore.

Ulven spent his entire adult life in the isolation of his home until he killed himself.