Does anybody know how to macke mac and cheese without cheese?

Does anybody know how to macke mac and cheese without cheese?

The outpost I am stationed at ran out of cheese, and won't be getting any food shipments in for a month. We have a ton of macaroni noodles and powdered milk, and many other dry ingredients, as well as dried herbs and spices.

I miss my favorite food!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKBLJj5A1sM
youtube.com/watch?v=lxmNJK1LUKw
youtube.com/watch?v=5hcsfCkQT3U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Butter flour milk?

Standard rue with noodles? I don't know OP, not even cheese powder?

I've no cheese powder

no oils or mayo to just make pasta salad?

Cauliflower bechamel.

PS: If no cauli, just bechamel but do add milk curds for the cheesy mouthfeel.

>mouthfeel

What other dry ingredients do you have?
You could always make macaroni in a cream sauce (bechamel), with extra stuff added, like vegetables or meat, plus herbs and spices.

Too complicated for you? It's okay, stay in school and one day you'll learn how to use big words, too.

Tried it. Tasted creamy, but did not have that cheesy flavor

Why don't you use the word texture? Mouthfeel and umami are often overused as it is.

We have oil, and could make macaroni salad, but me and my crew are really craving a warm bowl of mac and cheese. It so nice to have after a cold day. It's getting quite chilly in the Yukon.

I can get the Mac and cheese texture, but I really want the cheesy flavor. I guess what I'm asking is there anything similar in taste to cheese that I could use? I know the question is ridiculous.

Because they're two different things.

Nutritional yeast. Not a meme.

Anchovies infused into bechamel

Well... You can make a paneer type cheese with powdered milk. It won't melt into the sauce right, but it'll have a nice chewy cheese curd texture. Mustard and nutmeg together, maybe with a little beer might simulate a cheddar flavor in the sauce. Do you only have non-fat powdered milk? Have any butter?

youtube.com/watch?v=MKBLJj5A1sM

>rue

Add ketchup and milk to the cooked noodles it makes a nice cheese sauce through some chemical reaction

isn't there some vegan recipe that uses cashews or something

You mean roux?

Mouthfeel is not overused, and it is different from texture.
Texture: how different foods feel in the mouth.
Mouthfeel: the overall interplay of textures in a dish as they are precieved over the course of eating it
Simple. I know you’re just shitposting but I felt it nessasary to correct this misconception. Texture is how bread, tomato sauce, and cheese all feel individually. Mouthfeel is how these textures interact in a pizza.

You can quickly make a fresh cheese similar to cottage cheese or ricotta using little more than whole milk, lemon juice or vinegar, salt, and cheese cloth. It won’t have the same flavor profile as cheddar, but you could have some actual cheese in that sauce. There’s plenty of recipes on how to do this online.

>outpost

Just get a female crew member to start lactating, then ferment that.

Don't do it OP, you'll roux your decision

Are you retarded? Do you not know how quotes work?

You've over-jargonized your language. You are eating food, not describing quantum interactions. Just say "texture" so you don't sound like a pretentious twat, especially since they are functionally identical.

Do you have access to cashews? If so, soak overnight and blend in their water. Add whatever dry herbs and spices you can. Fry the slurry at medium heat and it will eventually take on the consistency of melty mozzarella.

>using words correctly is pretentious
"Texture" only encompasses the mechanical properties of food as your mouth experiences it.

"Mouthfeel" encompasses additional properties, for instance how chemical compounds in the food can trigger sensations like "dry" or "hot" or "cool" even when, obviously, there is no moisture component or thermal energy metric, let alone mechanical property, that can account for such sensations.

But I guess if all you eat is highly processed boxed garbage, you're not going to appreciate that some foods do these things.

You need raw milk for that, which he probably doesnt have.

It's ok, just use avocado. After all, it is a healthier substitute for cheese.

Don't you know how irony works, you fermented piece of curded turd?

Bless the simpleton.

Learn how to spel necessary before you disregard words like texture. You stupid cunt.

Nootch (nutritional yeast)
Salt
Paprika
Cayenne pepper
Boiled potatoes
Carrots
Onion
Garlic
Lemon juice
Cashews soaked in milk (almond or cow)
-Blend it to hell. Blend it some more.

It's not cheese, but it's damn good. A bit sweet, and has the texture of good queso if you blend it enough.

>there are "cooks" who dont care about texture

I give you the high quality members of our armed forces, lads.

Who are you quoting?

>spel

flyover

I do then this way:
youtube.com/watch?v=lxmNJK1LUKw

A simpler way:
youtube.com/watch?v=5hcsfCkQT3U

you can make cheese curds out of reconstituted milk and go from there

> I put some starch in your starch so you can diabeetus while you diabeetus

>I know the question is ridiculous.

I'm not sure you understand how ridiclous it is.

shut up bitch

I had a vegan mac n cheese made with cashews and squash. it was really good and the texture was great. it didn't really taste like mac and cheese of course

Think outside the box and make some beef broth with the ingredients from beef stew and top it off with some fresh ground black pepper. The broth base should have a tomato or 2.

>vegan macaroni and cheese
you can't make vegan mac and cheese. macaroni by definition is a noodle with egg in it.

The texture of food is how it feels in your mouth.
Not the guy you were responding to here, are you going to accuse me of only eating garbage too because I also think you're full of shit?

Different dude here. And you are wrong.

>I was only pretending to be retared