What gift would you like?

I have over 500 dollars to spend for pic related. I don't browse lit so I don't know what Good books there are. He likes short stories and liked the book rabbit run. Please help.

He also already owns Women and Men

Other urls found in this thread:

abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sortby=1&tn=ulysses
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Has he read the rest of the Rabbit books? There are three more.

Im sure he has. He talked about how he didnt like the second but he liked the last

How about the Henry Bech works? You can get the complete set for like $15 on Amazon

He already has those. I need something for him that isnt too litcore but hed still enjoy. I really dont know because i only browse ic and ck

Has he ever mentioned what he looks for when he reads? Why does he love reading etc? How willing is he to read books that experiment with form etc?

Different user

Who is that qt op?

find out who his favorite writer/philosopher is and find an obscure/old edition/translation of their works bound, either as a set or stand alone volume.

abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sortby=1&tn=ulysses
abebooks is a good start

His name is blake. I have no other means of communicating with him other than with his mom and sending shit to his address

Why are you doing this? How old is he? Is he the object of your fantasies?

yes. Hes the love of my life and my only source of joy. I love him more and more everyday and its driving me insane

Not old enough

What country are you/him from. I mainly read about history so if he has any interest in that I might be able to suggest some interesting works

Okay well can you tell us a bit more about him if we're to make recommendations?

Welcome back rusechan. Welcome back.

Im more of a history fag than he is.
Hes from America. Hes into writing really verbose short stories though. I think hed like something like that.
Hes catholic and likes funny stories.
Im thinking he'd like Saki but he didnt enjoy one short story by Saki that i showed him.

The Deer and the Cauldron by Jin Yong

>short stories
Stuff by David Foster Wallace should be up his alley. Maybe John Franzen

He hates david foster wallace

this

I'm willing to help but you have to post more pictures of the boy

Are you both homosexual? We need to know his personality.

Please don't do anything lewd with these photos

Why do you upload pictures of people who are not you?

MUST PROTECT.

Okay I don't really know his personality but if he likes science fiction he might enjoy stuff by Frederic Brown or Harlan Ellison. I say those two because you mentioned short stories, Brown in particular was good at short stories. If he likes classics maybe Chekhov or Sketches from a Hunter's Album.

Yes. Hes sweet and loves to eat seafood. His favourite book is ulysses (he has 3 copies) and his favourite philosophier is E.M Cioran.

Other than reading and writing he likes fishing.

Don't think I know of anything good for
>Catholics
>Americans

Sorry

>Catholic
>Homosexual
>Catholic

Oh user I had another idea. I'm assuming you're older than him and a good gift from an older man to a younger one is definitely Marcus Aurelius' Meditations.

Ive done that already and he told me Marcus Aurelius wasnt a real stoic..hesright

He's a homosexual Catholic? Odd. Have you considered that this is a passing infatuation, given you do not have direct contact? I am wary of saying spend $500 on a boy you do not particularly know.

Other than that, Eliot's poetry. He was an Anglo-Catholic, has a required understanding comparable to Joycean writing and is interesting to say the least.

>I have no other means of communicating with him other than with his mom and sending shit to his address

I want to know more about this. Why can't you contact him by other means? Does his mom shelter him? Does she know about you and him?

Ive known him for 2 years. It was just a few days ago he suddenly stopped talking and i called his mom and she told me he wasnt there. She never really liked me. Im sure she knows after all this time

>Hes into writing really verbose short stories though
borges is the obvious suggestion but im sure he's already read him

Yeah hes talked about him a lot.

He suddenly stopped talking to you? That's really not a good sign, user. Make sure he still has interest in you before you shower him in books. Also have you ever met in real life? How far is the distance between you two?

So after two years, nothing has occurred? Seems to me the infatuation is one-sided, no?

This, he probably doesn't give a shit about you. And the more you care, the more he will hate you.

>Homosexual Catholic
Just buy him Oscar Wilde's plays, letters and essays. If he's true in his faith, he might find true insight in De Profundis (in my teenagehood I lived in a very similar ideological framework, and this book really changed me).

Also little advice: buy him classics of philosophy and literature, avoid everything else.
Check and tell us, for example, which books by Nietzsche and Kierkegaard he's got: he is already reading extensively Schopenhauer and Cioran, so he must be close to those vibes, and at the very least he should be able to approach them.
Also someone he will certainly love is Montaigne : check if he has already bought his Essais. If he hasn't gift it to him.
All the philosophers I've mentioned are complex, but still accessible, especially if he has actually read Schopenhauer and his historical context (if he hasn't tell him to use the fuckign SEP once and for all). They're hard in the sense that they deserve more independent contemplation than usual, but the actual act of reading will be enjoyable for all 3 philosophers: they were all great writers and their texts are wordcandy.

So my take is: Wilde for fiction, essays and letters (especially De Profundis), Nietzsche, Kierkegaard and Montaigne for philosophy.

He told me he loved me and thats the last thing he said before he was gone

You are a very lucky and a very stupid person. I'd break up with you as well if you posted my pictures on Veeky Forums. (Unless he an hero'd...)

I know im stupid. Gonna an hero soon theres literally nothing without him so i dont think of the consequences. Theres nothing there to matter

He didnt break up with me. I dont know what happened

That angel shouldn't be on Veeky Forums. Also, get him something by Dostoyevsky.

God he really is an angel. He already has all his books. His mom buys him a lot of things

>his favourite philosophier is E.M Cioran
is he gonna kill himself

Get him anything on this list that he hasn't got.

Here's another list. Also, don't kys pls.

Get his a nice Kobo e-ink reader.
Suck his dick.
Problems solved.

How can someone in the modern age drop all forms of contact with you unless he was doing it intentionally?

He left you for me and is happier now.

Don't be an idiot. First of all: he may be going through some tough times that may require loneliness and some independent thinking. At the moment you've got no reason to hold a grudge against him, since you don't know why he is doing it.

Secondly: even if he is doubting his orientation (as I think you're implying), and even if he decides to leave you, there's no need ot kill yourself. It may be the case that you're putting far too much trust into this relationship, so much that you think that
a) he is the only one, no one is more of a soul ate than him
b) this was your only chance at true love
c) your life depended on this relationship

It is only natural to over-react to your potential first break-up, and you should aware of it, so that you can avoid doing stupid, permanent actions. Sure, now you're desperate, but do you really think you will still be desperate 15 years from now.
At some point you'll grow out of your old self, and at that point reminishing your post-teenage years in a tragic fashion will only look pathetic to you. People change, and eventually both you and your boyfriend will be so different that this breakup won't hold any meaning for you anymore.

So that's it: take delight in your desperation (it is rare to feel with the intensity your feeling now: observe it), try to act rationally at all times and be sure to have someone to talk about this (even perfect strangers will do it, I know there are many discords dedicated to people willing to listen to your problems and give you genuine honest advices). Don't hurt yourself, you'll regret it later on. Also you might find some peace in philosophy: ask in other threads here on Veeky Forums for books that might help you (avoid self-help books like the plague).

my2c has a man who went through some tough breakups

Shut up fag i was his first.

He never said it was over he told me loved me i dont understand. I dont want to think hes gone

It's a miracle! A person on Veeky Forums that has both a brain and heart.

Seriously, don't do anything rash.

Also, the paradox is that if you want him to become infatuated with you, you have to start ghosting him. Too much attention will scare boys away.

In the meantime, improve yourself and enjoy life. Go take a walk in a beautiful place. Read a good book. Watch a good play. Go to the gym. Listen to a beautiful concert or opera. The world is infinite in scope and infinite indepth. Explore it!

Things are hard to enjoy when im constantly reminded of him. I went for a run yesterday and had to cut it short because i felt like i was going to cry. All my art is surrounded and inspired by him. Its hard to get my mind off.

you can start by not posting his picture on a chinese fetish board

>Catholic
>Homo

Get him some James Joyce too la

Look, it's hard. No one is going to deny that. There is also no reason not to cry. Let it out, but don't overdo it.

As user said >take delight in your desperation (it is rare to feel with the intensity your feeling now: observe it)
Write about it. Journal, or make fiction.
A lot of great art has been made from the sort of intensity you're feeling, just think of Dante and Petrarch.

>He never said it was over he told me loved me i dont understand. I dont want to think hes gone

Hold on, then. He might be the one who is going through the harshest times now. Again, accept the intensity of your feelings (if that matters you are in the perfect mood for really getting into poetry and classical music: on you Leopardi and Beethoven are now full-blown charms), and wait for him to say something.

I cut my GF off all the time sometimes for weeks at a time. I think sometimes guys just feel suffocated by a relationship and need some time alone where they don't have to be considerate of a needy girlfriend. Sometimes after a break I really do miss her. I call her and try to explain my reasoning and she's mostly just upset I cut her off without explanation or warning. Sometimes I decide I wanna break up and just never contact her again.

So my advice would be to just give him some space. If he really loves you he will come back

Yeah, I've personally got to the point where I would point blank tell her: 'I don't want to see you, hear from you, or have any sort of contact from you for the next three days'. She doesn't contact me and we meet up on the day after the break and all is fine.

same shit with my current GF, i think at first it tortured her but now she completely understands my moodiness

Word of advice: don't fucking post pictures of your bf on Veeky Forums ever again.

i wish my internet husbando bought me books

get him Bukowski short stories?

SUCK HIS DICK BIIITCH

Boy... easy on the rabbits

Not sure if you are still following this thread but he is probably dead or something by now.

I dont know if gays have specific tastes, but as a (((btw))), I really like classics with romance elements, so maybe he would enjoy that if he is a feminine man.

Another day another faggot off'd

Introduce me to Blake yo

Blake blake please call me ill promise to stop making threads and delete this one. This thread is my only means of communicating with you right now i promise to delte it just call me. I love you more than anything please call

>I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral. Can't understand what I mean? You soon will.

>verbose
>catholic
>funny stories
Seymour: An introduction. It's pretty much universally hated, but he may like it.

Gene Wolfe
Graham Greene
James Joyce
WB Yeats
Ezra Pound
TS Eliot
ee cummings
Walt Whitman
Jack Kerouac
Alan Ginsberg
William S Burroughs
Edgar Allan Poe
HP Lovecraft
Algernon Blackwood
Carlo Michelstaedter

OP here. Please stop replying to this thread now and report it. Thanks

Nah. This just makes me want to make sure it keeps getting comments.

thats kind of a dick move

>Teleports behind you
>"Heh, welcome to the water kid"

breece pancake short stories are really nice and somewhat underrated so he may not already have them

Imagine if some weird person starting posting pictures of you on an anonymous image board full of other weird people without your knowledge nor permission

sage

that's not what a true art boy looks like

it's sad to see how much one person will love another who doesn't give a shit, they don't deserve it.