How many books have you read this year?

How many books have you read this year?

I don't read

I don't read books, I mostly make jokes here based on amazon algorithims and wikipedia summaries

I am illiterate, this post was made with voice to text.

reading is fucking gay dude lol

I only read pages.

40+ don't know exactly.
I've read more essays available online now than last year.

20. Pretty happy with myself tbqh. It's going to definitely go up since I'll be starting uni and have been mailed a fat reading list. Last year I only read like 8 through the entire year (mostly for school) - I had terrible concentration and didn't really enjoy reading.

>tfw just realized I've only read 6

all of them were quite long at least and I listen to music much more than I read

Rate my year so far

I think like 7, I want to read more but I'm pretty easily distracted, I know reading isn't a chore and it's something I enjoy doing but I have to force myself to do it sometimes. It's silly but I'm pretty proud of myself for reading like 4 hours today.

What is the point of posting in a thread like this?
Feel good about yourself for reading so much or trying to play it off at how you are OK with reading so little?
All you'll get is faggoty jokes like your top posts.

In all honesty: Seven. But some of them were really lengthy ones.

I've read everything Vonnegut ever published and Slapstick was by far the worst. One of the only books I've gotten halfway through and completely lost interest in to the point of not finishing. I don't even remember why it was so bad, I just remember hating it.

If plays and epic poems count, about 18.

Oops sorry I'm thinking 365 days, not "since New Year."

I had about the same experience, put it down halfway through and only went back for completeness's sake (currently at 12 of 14 novels). It's definitely one of his weakest. The humanist aspects felt really on the nose, and the scifi elements were pretty poorly thought out. The only other Vonnegut I remember not liking much was Hocus Pocus.

i lost count, faggot

not enough
wagecucking from 9-7 really hurts your free time bottom line

>from 9-7
oowee lad i hope its worth it

I'm 50 pages away from finishing my first one, kek.

>read zero from January to June
>read twelve this month

Hmm

Will be finishing Pale Fire this evening.

I also work 50 hours a week, run a household, go to Uni and the gym so there really is no excuse.

Only 2 so far:
>2001: A Space Odyssey
>The Beach

Currently half way through Dune

I was in a Western Literature course a couple of semesters ago that really got me interested in reading. I was never much of a reader before then (which I regret now), you know, the typical pleb shit. I even sparknoted most of the books in highschool. But this past christmas I asked for like eight books and I've been making my way through them, and I've bought a few more since. I would say I've finished like 5 or 6 books so far this year.

In 2017 I read most of one novel, half of another, and a tenth of yet another.

Wrote a novelette, a novella, 3 novels, and about a quarter or a third through writing a 4th. Does that count?

Wow user ,Great moves. Keep it up, proud of you

Like 55
But who keeps count?
I do
Fight me fag

Not very many:
about 200 pages of Crime and Punishment (read the first 400 in 2016)
The old man and the sea
Charlotte's web
Picture of Dorian Gray
Infinite Jest
and I'm wrapping up The great Gatsby in two days

I hope that I will read more in the future.

Just 1, because I suck.

>tfw you force yourself to read the books in your backlog/library rather than look up and buy new books

23, 20 of them since mid-april. Getting a concussion and jumping off school have helped to provide enough time