Give me one good reason to waste my time peeling a potato

Give me one good reason to waste my time peeling a potato

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XY6I71-bajo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you're making mash.

Skin doesn't get in the way and tastes good in mash

Wash them, slice them in quarters, and boil them with the skins on. Drain, and let cool. The skins will slip off easily.

Don't peel it retard, fiber, flavonoids and other minerals are on it. And for that matter, only eat whole wheat pasta, bread and brown rice.

pig disgusting, i literally feel ashamed for you

If they become green.

You should get more roughage you fat sharter.

I love skin on mash. Sometimes it’s not suitable (aligot etc) but it’s so much healthier for you.

the only time you need to peel them is when they start going bad to get rid of that layer of green stuff

Mashed potatoes are better with skin.

Pesticides if you buy cheap shit

How many pests you got unnaground

It’s got lots of glycoalkaloids which will fuck up your gut and are even capable of destroying red blood cells.

I cook with skin on and just use this after cooked. Easy to clean and remove potato skin too.$15Au but in the states I doubt you'd pay near $10. Problem solved.
Now even my wife can make perfect mashed potatoes.

You sound Muslim please kill yourself

Lurk more.

i love me ricer. then afte rall you need to do aid at uick stuier ithwodone smoppna add the buter meai.k cream and some fo ther sat eetpaept a nd spices and perfedcd texture and easyu

Holy shit, get to an emergency room -you've had a stroke.

>whole wheat pasta

Might as well just not eat pasta

The ONLY time you peel before making mash is if you put it thru a ricer. No other time ever.

You'd be surprised.

you don't speak d utch?

muslim confirmed

I work at a aerial spray operation. We do spray potato's, but it's mostly insecticide, and fungicide. No herbicide.
The technology is improving all the time. You don't have to worry about washing the stuff off. Some of the chemical goes inert when it touches earth. And some gets absorbed through the leaf, and works into the plant. Washing wouldn't remove that stuff.

r u o k?

u dib tsee wat tge fycj tiy are takjubg abiytm nate

You've never done that before have you? The skin clogs the holes. You can however, just slice a ring around the potatoes, cook them for 5 mins in boiling water then slip each half of the skin off easily. Then use the ricer for perfect potatoes.

youtube.com/watch?v=XY6I71-bajo

Why are Aussies so weird this time of day on Veeky Forums?

how do i peel potato without actually peeling it? I love potatoes, but I'm too lazy to actually peel it myself. is there a machine?

I don't peel potatoes, mash still tastes good.

I had no idea anyone used skin-on potatoes for mash.
I'll try that next time.

the small ones work better for that if you're gonna leave the skins on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanine

Only plebs skin their 'taters for any reason