Just bought Gravity's rainbow, I want to get the best vibe what music should I listen to while reading?

Just bought Gravity's rainbow, I want to get the best vibe what music should I listen to while reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg
youtube.com/watch?v=0SZcSeG4sQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=abbVhRa7IPI
youtube.com/watch?v=HR6PnbS4NAg
youtube.com/watch?v=3AdPl5xIAvE
youtube.com/watch?v=vsGRasyHEEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg

outdoor ambient noise, silence, or something like these

youtube.com/watch?v=0SZcSeG4sQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=abbVhRa7IPI
youtube.com/watch?v=HR6PnbS4NAg

>listening to music whilst reading
JUST my shit up tbph
why not put the telly on too?

you will need focus for this one, I don't disapprove of ambient in general and even try some more interesting combos sometimes but no

these kind of threads are embarrassing

it's just another symptom of the barbarian (aka /mu/ and /tv/) invasion that's been slowly turning this board into a pathetic parody of itself

Tom Lehrer - Werner von Braun

But I don't agree with purposely listening to music while reading. It's an insult to the author and musician imo.

Ragtime and Wagner

no music for gravitys rainbow

youtube.com/watch?v=3AdPl5xIAvE
youtube.com/watch?v=vsGRasyHEEg

God tier pynch-core coming through

Bye bye blackbird

Listen to the music of the language, listen to the hundred or so songs written into the book.

did anyone here actually like gravity's rainbow?

i did

Sincere question here: what is the point of engaging in two separate art works at the same time? Considering that writing a novel or composing music takes a fair amount of focus, shouldn't the reader try to recreate the same focus the author/artist probably went through to finish the product? Or does something that takes work and focus to create not necessarily need the same things from the intended audience?

parts of it

>It's an insult to the author and musician imo.

how? the two mediums were practically born for each other

yeah I thought it was great

>reading seated on the train
>denying attention to the seat, which took work and focus to make
>at least its manufacturing process did (take work and focus)
>denying attention to the train, which also took work and focus to make, and the railroad, which took work and focus to assemble
>not giving a shit about the other people on the train, who you better believe took work, or labor certainly, to make, and much focus to raise
>willfully ignoring the world, which some say took work and focus to make
Reading really does turn you blind

These are actually brillian choices

residents and moondog are good.