Kakutani leaving NY Times

Good riddance, ya dumb bitch. Maybe they'll get someone with some taste to replace her.

vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/michiko-kakutani-leaving-the-new-york-times

hopefully we get a white male conservative of the heterosexual bend instead of this identity politics obsessed cunt

Ah yes, the old "book critic I vehemently disagreed with is stepping down and I'm glad, therefore I am a Kekistani faggot" argument. Please stay on topic, sweetie :)

see
Why is the assumption that I'm whining about her not being a white man? Outside of McEwan and a few others I hate her taste.

>kakutani
>kekistani
Nigger.

Women have no taste except the taste of cowardice and wanting to destroy us as white men. Good that she's gone

kakutani is great

Just another dumb retarded women

wow, what a fucking opinion

What a dull safe non-opinion

Do you really except women to think for themselves?

She's not wrong.

>going against the onslaught of memoirs and autobiographies of the last two decades
>safe opinion

fucking dumbass

Just ignore the womenposter, he'll go away.

Silly post.

>Candor is the only wile. -Emily Dickinson
I agree. Don't get Veeky Forums's problem with her.

It will get worse. New York Times is in a death spiral. They hired Lindy West as a columnist a little while ago.

i like the fact that kakutani is gone because her sensibilities were painfully middlebrow (dfw, franzen, smith, etc. were her favorites)

but her stepping down is a bad thing because she's only stepping down due to the NYT deciding to focus less on arts/humanities and donig more "culture" and politics thinkpieces. aka more whining about dumpf and shillary.

>dfw, franzen, smith, etc. were her favorites)

shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about

wait...people take book reviews in the ny times seriously? that paper is a piece of shit

? she blasted some minor franzen work but was in love with his headline works (correlations, etc.), she single handed promoted dfw into the mainstream, and she has nothing but laudatory things to about smith

wtf are you on?

>more whining about dumpf and shillary.

but ops article says kukutani is leaving to do exactly that, write more drumpf and deplorable bashing shit for the dnc establishment

yea but she'll be doing that elsewhere, the NYT is hiring another 100 more "culture and politics" reporters with the freed up budget right now, so think 100 more people who likely arent as good at writing as kakutani, writing about the same banal topics

these days i just go to the nytimes to read the salty bourgeois baby boomer tears in the comments section, most of the articles are utter shit

>Has a penis of 4.3 inches in length

Not even bait worth biting

Go outside for a day. Meet new people. You clearly need it.

Jesus christ. I don't even know what has happened to this board. You fucking moron. You actually misspelled something while accusing someone of being unable to think?

>This

best post ITT...she wasn't terrible but she also wasn't good enough to pay attention to. her replacement WILL be worse

but this seems like NYT is dying, they'll try to revive or rebrand and it won't work

>good enough to pay attention to
we're nearing 30 posts, user.

fucking based

why should we care about what happens at big newspapers they're all going to be dead in 5 or 10 years anyway

i was just at a "reading" the other day and one of the "readers" was some professor whose short stories were basically just blog posts about her personal problems and her family's problems, i was like too bad about your brother but this is literary?

That reminds me of the time my sister managed to get some poetry published in the magazine of a local college, and she was invited to a reading of the poetry where she would get to read some of it. She was a little later in the order and the other poets would get to go first.

Four poets in is some big fat woman who gets up and starts to read this "poem." I say it was a poem because it was really just a long, rambling story about her and her friends and her family that had no rhythm, no cadence, and was, essentially, just a memoir. I never got a chance to see it in print, but I'll bet it wasn't even in verse. She went on for like twenty minutes, and she took up so much time that the event was over and my sister didn't get to read. I'm still a little mad about it.

>I don't even know what has happened to this board.

this is a dumb reaction. there have always been people like that on Veeky Forums and there always will be

Everything is a dumb reaction. That said, this board has seen a dramatic increase of blatantly insecure posters over the last few months

/r9k/ needs to be deleted, and all its regular posters permabanned.

>Maybe they'll get someone with some taste to replace her.

Someone young and hip. Chelsea Clinton would be perfect desu.

>Chelsea Clinton

don't give them any fucking ideas, oh god

>Veeky Forums is more familiar with the literary criticism of Michio Kaku than Adorno, Lukacs, Arnold, or Junger

I wonder what CURRENT EVENT she'll write about next... Hang on, I have to finish texting this person before "My Big Fat Gay American Wedding" comes on

this is a good sentiment but she does not abide to it in her reviews