Post your literary 3x3

post your literary 3x3

Here you go

Throwing in some utilitarians with Hayek.

go back to

Too lazy to make one but here I go:

Derrida
Michael Foucalt
Marx Stirner
Shakespear
Alberto Eco
Dante (fucking Dante)
Homer (not Simpson)
RIchard Dawkins (for dispelling all the god fairytales and other b**shit)

lazy bait, but less lazy than most bait on Veeky Forums/10

this the b-team for now. work in progress.

mcluhan probably belongs on the a-team and chardin's spot isn't that cozy. he inevitably gets bumped down to the c-team once i properly realize how balls-out ridiculous hegel is. there pere pierre he can realize his destiny as being nick land's conscience.

and junger is just too classy.

7/10 I laughed

Girardfag you make this site worth returning to everyday baby.

>pierre teilhard de chardin

confirmed favourite regular poster on Veeky Forums these days.

this place is just too much fun sometimes. w/o 3x3 threads who would i know who i like? or custom book cover threads where i can design my own covers? too good.

there's definitely room for a c-team also. i mean, 18 philosophers in and there's no fucking plato, hegel, kant, or aristotle. that's a little on the silly side. so clearly there is more work to be done here.

chardin is fucking great. he really is. he's catholic hegel or catholic bergson, i guess.
>the church bans bergson's books
>the church condemns chardin
>guys you're killing me here

but the noosphere/conscious evolution/flaky new age bullshit is increasingly my thing. i'm loving hegel these days but you gotta dance with who brung ye.

conscious evolution ftw.

>I'm a homosexual: The Post

.... wtf I suddenly love homosexuals... no, I don't really.

me on the left

I just want you to take me under your wing wise one.

lmao sargon of a cuck?

>smart enough to read Nietzche
>picks Sargon

who are these people besides rimbaud, kierkegaard, stirner, pound?

Source? Image search didn't find anything, looks fun desu senpai

>wing
i'm presently stuck on a plateau with that one tbvh.

meme philosophyfaggotry is a problem. much sizzle & little steak. the books are *awesome.* but wat do? wat do with books. but maybe this will go somewhere good.

fantasia is indeed *that* fairytale for industrialization (which includes simulation). but baudrillard too talks about *sorcery* - and for *that* reason it's interesting to think how much *aladdin* had going on for it v/the present age. because that is, in a sense, what Capital is - a wish-granting, magical genie.

and, wonderfully, we can see how charmingly unhinged it can be. or how tempting, for unscrupulous viziers, like jafar, who desires *all of the power* and *none of the responsibility* - and pays a price for it.

to go back to continental philosophy & psychoanalysis for a second: maybe the interesting idea here is to ask yourself, how bound are you by the rules of your own game. because IRL no other, no aladdin, is required to let you out. all that is required is to realize, properly speaking, that you already have all the genie powers you need. you can do it all yourself
>in a cave
>by yourself
>for a thousand years

hyperstition says, make a wish and a genie called Lovecraft.net, which knows you better than you know yourself, will grant it. but that's the wrong way to go, isn't it? all the genie desired, at the end of pic rel, was to be free; to not be trapped by the rules of his own game. i is another; but the genie doesn't suck everything else into his own world. that's something jafar would do. the core plot of aladdin is a love story; and it's *cheesy,* but it's not *cynical.* huge, huge, huge difference.

the genie is repressed, in one sense, Oedipus-style; he's in the lamp; but it doesn't make sense to just think of him as an old-school id-fueled monster. because *not everything is in his head* - and all of his schizoid squishiness - have you ever seen a body with fewer organs than a genie? - wants to *be free* and go out there and *play* in the world. much other shitpostings on this subject will here go unshitposted.

now this thought makes a lot of sense. do you know how likely it is that i would have come up with this perfectly alone? absolutely *zero.* i'm just riffing. but it's interesting as fuck. who is the real hero here? you are.

philosophy da bes
it da bes

so start with the greeks ofc. and maybe even end with the greeks too. keep ithaka always in your mind. but i mean, come on, how much fun are the continental islands, right? how much fucking fun are the sirens? how much fucking fun.

Another quality post.

>Ezra Pseud
OP you're a sack of shit and should kill yourself

i sincerely wish to talk about the *djinn* but i do not want to become a meme, nor do i wish to turn Veeky Forums into either a blog or a soapbox. so only briefly here.

lacan says quite a lot about the sphinx & in this way can do things undreamed of to one's neurotic or repressed psyche. the sphinx is the perfect image of hysteria: it continually asks a question to which every answer is *wrong* and for which the punishment is *death.* being Lacan, he accomplished a minor miracle and realized what was going on: the sphinx was calling for a master, and knowing this, it could realize itself. and disappear.

well, here's a thing worth thinking about then: what would lacan have made of a *djinn?* a being wish wants to *grant wishes* - which is possessed of an incredible *wish-granting power* - but finds these wishes unworthy, or *cannot properly understand what is being said to it,* or -

right? baudrillard loves to talk about the age of sorcery, deleuze will talk about the body without organs; there is room, i am saying, for a *close and serious analysis of fantastic symbolism in the age of late capital.*

look how unhappy *this* djinn looks. interesting to think about. and from what i understand no small amount of middle-eastern/islamic philosophy of mind has to do with the theory of djinns
>dat genieology of spirit
>ffs ok srsly kys for real this time
>tfw

and their relationship to the unconscious.

i would hate to become a meme, or a hysteric. but i literally find this shit so pants-on-head retarded interesting and *none* of it i would be able to come up with on my own.

we live in a collaborative, profoundly squishy, mimetic world and it is *cool as fuck.*

so i am going to take a self-imposed time out b/c i do not want to sound crazy. but holy shit. holy fucking shitballs, this place, sometimes. the things it makes me want to think about.

god love ya, Veeky Forums mimetosphere. i'll be back later.

>djinns tho
>djinns and sphinxes & psychoanalysis
>fucking shit

Oh god that is one of the worst pictures of Hollebecque you could have used.

Yeah I prefer this one

Damn interesting
That's why you are my favorite poster

the evil sphinx: portrait of feminine hysteria
the evil djinn: portrait of masculine hysteria

there. i fucking said it. the djinn wants to Grant Wishes and it has the power to do so. the sphinx wants to ask riddles; same deal.

what fucks it up? *langauge* - in brief
>the 64t question:
>okay, but, you know, what did he *mean* by this
>what did he mean, what did he mean

plebs cannot into *meaning a spook.*

>zizek: the problem is not that the gods are too far away, it is that they are much too close
>things you learn from reading the monster manual instead of studying

the society of control, in which we live, which is the matrix, is predicated on a single and fundamental over-preoccupation with the nature of language and the even transmissibility of signs. we left language a while ago. now we do *advertising:* - memes, propaganda, virtuality, movies, all the rest. and perpetual retcon of meaning to fit the mold of a control society.
>hnng

same shit. we want to ask for wishes and grant those wishes. language fucks things up. thinking about language further fucks us up.

that holy & beautiful silence, that piety of thought: doesn't fuck us up.

complaining about your right to free speech: meme.

complaining that you don't have enough power to censor others: meme.

trying to dodge the question & defer to infinite deconstructive regress: meme.

Veeky Forums: best fucking board anywhere. not a meme. not remotely. not now, not ever. the place where you can talk it all out, lord love a duck.

everyone of the dweebs on your chart are pseuds (except for melville). you might consider not projecting.

>Joyce
>Pseud

I think reddits more your speed psued

patrician af

Time for you all to go back.

Add John Greene and Toni Morrison

Several Rimbauds?

do u think dj khaled finds this mixtape regrettable?

the scapeGOAT
>a girardian theory of hip-hop & battle rap

sorely lacking from this bookshelf

in the intro tony touch shouts out the "palestinian terrorist" and the goes on to bash "faggots and crossdressers" lol hip-hop was so redpilled in the 90s amirite

Pictured: Robespierre, Karl Marx, Nick Land, Mussolini, Ray Kurzweil, Lenin, DFW, Yudkowsky, Nick Bostrom

Let me explain it: I think that human nature isn't capable of new sincerity and communism, so I think we need more technological process until machines and artificial intelligence can replace us. There is no room for humans in any way, so no transhumanism or any uploading of minds, they will be the vehicle for robot communism and sincerity

We must sacrifice humans to the machines so that they can have the communism and sincerity that humans are not capable of

Mussolini is solely there as a stock image for futurism by the way

>hairy and smells of BO

what did he mean by this

Oops meant to ask who these were

top centre: pierre teilhard de chardin
centre: marshall mcluhan
centre right: peter sloterdijk
bottom left: epictetus

Top, Piere de Chardin
Middle- Rene Girard (I think?)
Right- Peter Sloterdijk
Bottom - Not sure, one of the Gospel writers?

Not him but I guess that wasn't the most recognisable McLuhan. Feels good knowing girardfag is also aware of Sloterdijk.

>Middle- Rene Girard (I think?)

nope. like i said, that was the b-team. RG is the captain of the a-team.

>wasn't the most recognizable McLuhan
no but i like that pic

>feels good knowing girardfag is also aware of slotetdijk
plenty. if Capital/Dark Force/&c is something to be wrestled with, whether within or without, anthropotechnics has a lot going on. slotetdijk is a cool motherfucker. he even gets a minor shout-out in one of baudrillard's later books.

Holy shit the God reveals his true power level!

>Gookshit

Dropped
And you were doing so well, pity

kek

yeah, those guys are killers. still tho
>no plato
>no hegel
>no aristotle
>no kant

seriously. continental fuckery is Fun, but this is what happens when you don't start with the greeks.

and those greeks are fine as *fuuuuuck*

>gookshit
gooks are koreans you dip. lrn 2 in2 racism. you meant to say chinkshit

>gooks are koreans you dip. lrn 2 in2 racism. you meant to say chinkshit

As if I give a fuck what arbitrary breed of slopehead it is. Its a real sign of a class A pseud to give those silly mystic men any creedence in this day and age. A flacid inauthentic gesture of cosmopolitanism

post feet

lit

>Calling girardfag a supporter of cosmopolitanism
You had better be high on a large number of levels of irony right now.

>All those women
>Veeky Forums
Pick one.

>implying Land isn't the ultimate cosmopolitan LARPer

When being a human is too parochial for you then you've reached a special level of cringe

see
& ruh-roh scoob

>land
>ultimate cosmopolitan LARPer
check his twitter feed sometime. search for baizuo. see for yourself

land & negarestani are some of the most shit-hot philosophy going on right now. and it has, uh, rather little to do with LARPing cosmopolitanism

>check his twitter feed

I rest my case. Have a nice day friend

those women are lit. read harder pseud.

Thanks

What does that mean? I think utopia isn't possible unless we make robots who create it, humans just have too many flaws and we shouldn't play a game of risk by doing transhumanism but start a-new

Have you read all of them?

>fat as well

You're sorely lacking in greek and christian philosophers. The romans and chinks are just garbage.

>You're sorely lacking in greek and christian philosophers.
can't disagree too much. RG is the captain of the a-team and heidegger is the backup. when even your backup team doesn't have plato, aristotle, kant, hegel or augustine on it there's no question that something is unusual here.

but hey, that's what you get for being self-taught. not that i would do this insane journey all over again. if i had gone through the usual channels i would be another uni guy & probably wouldn't drink so much or spend so much time thinking about nick land, steve bannon or vaporwave.

>The romans and chinks are just garbage.
disagree. first of all it's hard to hate on marcus aurelius or epictetus. especially epictetus. but forget about him: taleb shills for seneca all the time and i like antifragility also. who doesn't? antifragility is good.

as for the tao it's cool as balls. the buddhists also. & the stoics are known as the greek buddhists for a reason.

so big infinity loops running west to east and back again. all things connected on planet meme. capital cannot run w/o human affect & that is endlessly fucking interesting to me. true, i tend to wind up falling through space b/c of a lack of formal training, not enough pragmaticism, empiricism, much else. much else.

i'm more or less fine with this.

Antifragility is fine and dandy but I can't take a philosophy which is summarized with "only u can maek urself sad buddy be good guy!" seriously. Stoicism lacks the substance, the meat of the matter as to why live the absurd existence filled with suffering, instead of just mindlessly doing it.

As for the buddhists, any doctrine based on the rejection of the physical world and existence itself is in my opinion a philosophical dead end. Starting with ignoring any ontological questions and problems and satisfying themselves with a cessation of all phenomena, and ending hopeful solipsism.

ascended tier, I'd read your book

Nah. They aren't. I'll stick with Flannery you actual pseud.

Girardfag I want to see you in Uni pal.

Shut the fuck up you embarrassing faggot. Christ I can smell your mediocrity

>I can't take a philosophy which is summarized with "only u can maek urself sad buddy be good guy!" seriously. Stoicism lacks the substance, the meat of the matter as to why live the absurd existence filled with suffering, instead of just mindlessly doing it.
question: how much of the stoics have you read? about a year ago i heard a very similar sentiment from a guy who I suspected had only encountered the stoics through nietzsche and was channeling nietzsche's perspective. that turned out to be the case.

if you're not big on stoicism that's fine. everybody should read what they're into. but this interpretation is super-uncharitable and as such i can't do more than just kind of shrug.

i was all about the stoics until i read nietzsche. then i thought the stoics were yesterday's news. these days i think differently tho. shit even deleuze likes them:
>become worthy of that which happens to you
that is a stoic maxim. but it is also very, very hard to tell the line between that and nietzschean *amor fati,* no?

so the neetch is a boss. he's a megaboss. but i mean, if life is pain and suffering...

>As for the buddhists, any doctrine based on the rejection of the physical world and existence itself is in my opinion a philosophical dead end.
this sounds like more nietzsche tbqh. and once again, it's not about rejection of the world and existence; it's about suffering and understanding the causes of that suffering. shit i can mightily get behind.

>Starting with ignoring any ontological questions and problems and satisfying themselves with a cessation of all phenomena
come on. the four noble truths are 234% about *not* doing this. as in, exactly, wholly and not partially, *not* doing exactly that. at all.

>and ending hopeful solipsism.
my guy you gotta into charity here. it's not about hopeful solipsism at all. solipsism sucks, i agree. whether it's hopeful or not. but this has not been my experience with the buddhists i have known.

like psychoanalysis, everything is predicated on the notion that *suffering is real.* and as such has to be understood as being far removed from solipsism & pointless language games.

kek. maybe someday. i have a few more sillies to shake out here first, clean room &c. try and get a consistent message going on so it's not all Muh Capital Muh Feels Muh Space Vampires &c. that kind of madness is unbecoming.

>b/c of a lack of formal training

Yeah it shows, we usually call that "an education"

Not an argument.

>like psychoanalysis, everything is predicated on the notion that *suffering is real.*

No, no that's not an intelligent sentence to write

>Yeah it shows, we usually call that "an education"
oh shi-
pic rel: it's me

well, that's true, i suppose. but it's certainly not solipsism. maybe an excess of solipsism. or a lack of filters.

che vuoi, lacan says. i agree. i hear a lot of nervous tics. mostly because i'm neurotic as a mofo.

Are you white? You're really starting to sound like some ugly brown or yellow person

>are you white?
*sweats*
uh...technically

>you're really starting to sound like some ugly brown or yellow person
i thought racism was supposed to be fun tho. i thought that was why people got into it. i don't know, maybe you should try something more explicit. i'm not getting anything off of this

I find its common with minorities to obsessively cultivate an air of self importance to compensate for their feeling of not mattering in the world. Its a real third worlder fixation

ok. confirmed white male cishet reporting. no lie. and wholly & completely not on that postmodernism wagon. understand it, have read much about it, not on board with it. hence the mad love for baudrillard, deleuze, girard, land, others. what matters is Capital, along with Capital, Capital, and also Capital.
>maybe Capital also.
anything at all that moves things to level-2.

>self importance
over it
>obsessive cultivation
not over it
>of what tho
memes

>compensate
cannot into. not in a squishy & super-relative meme-world *in which* cynicism for lamers

>for a feeling of not mattering in the world
this is the *starting* point for philosophy imho. nihilism. ultrapessimism. that is where i prefer to begin from, and stay with, for as long as possible. until something Matters. after that it doesn't matter.

>Its a real third worlder fixation
i wouldn't know. & don't care. race & gender & ethnicity not my things. optimize for intelligence, all the rest: much more interesting.

I'd like to clarify that Wilde is only here because he's an excellent writer.

His philosophy is terrible.

Anyway, R8 and H8.

Why you put Rimbud twice tho

Top right is Petar Petrovic Njegos

Joyce
Proust
Chekhov
Homer
Dostoevsky
Kafka
Aurelius
Lao Tzu
Kierkegaard

Good list.

Who is top left, I don't know author faces

My Nigga you are patrician!

I've read my share of stoics, and I stand by what I said. There is a reason why cynics and early christians ran a train on them. But since you're taking liberty with interpreting my experience I'll do the same. I'll say the only reason why you like them and the buddhists is because you're imprinting your own interpretation onto something that's not there.

Same how begginers imprint shit on the presocratics without understanding the historicity and as such blow their shit out of context and proportion.

As for the buddhist argument, you don't have one. The four noble truths are a way that leads out of samsara. Which is the cycle of birth and rebirth. It literally is an attempt to cease existence and phenomena, trying to put any other spin on buddhism is just mcbuddhisming it.

more like college.jpg

would someone mind naming these guys?

I always love your comments

Mod's need to delete these /mu/ cancer threads

What are you talking about? Girardfag has made several quality posts, and we were having a nice discussion