Family food habits

My family has always eaten lasagna with rice on the side, but apparently that's a weird thing to do.

what the fuck

It sort of balances the richness.

My dad would put ketchup on scrambled eggs and also on rice. We grew up liking that.

Wow, your dad would put ketchup on scrambled eggs. That's so weird. I've never heard of that before!

suck my dick, faggot.

ketchup rice and an egg is legendary. my Japfag brothers will understand.

Is it an asian thing? Because I grew up in Hawaii and I wondered if my dad picked it up there. In particular we would always eat Mcdonalds breakfast and in Hawaii they served rice at breakfast, and we would put ketchup on that and on our eggs.

My mom put rice as a side dish for almost everything. I picked up the habit and think of it almost as a default part of every meal.

Many people in Korea do it, so I assume Japanese people do it too.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

The women of the house always cooked. I heard that's not very popular anymore

Not sure if this fits, but consider how my best friend back at uni reacted to the meal, I'd guess it does:
Hot dog garlic-and-black-pepper fried rice with scrambled egg in it. Was a common dad dinner when I was a kid and still make it every now and then.

If that doesn't count, my family eat pickled chilies stir fried with onion as a side dish to ham or smoked sausage. Literally just pickled chilies and onion. Nothing else to it.

chinks

My parents served rice as a side dish frequently, but never with another carb and definitely never with lasagna, a dish already very carb-heavy. Lasagna was always served alongside salad in my household.

No, white hispanic.

My parents served rice as a side dish frequently, but never with another carb and definitely never with lasagna, a dish already very carb-heavy. Lasagna was always served alongside salad in my household.

beta male detected

My boyfriend tried to feed me cheese ravioli with rice and no sauce. Was the driest, most disgusting thing I'd eaten up to that point, and he got genuinely offended when I didn't like it

your bf sounds like he may be 7. I'd get a new one.

We have a small salad with it too.

that what the salad is for faggoottt

I see nothing wrong with that.

And I thought eating kfc with rice was weird...

Faggot

Never mix starches.

What about burritos with potato in them?

Why? People always say this like it's some absolute law passed down by God, but sometimes mixing starches can be good.

ikr

My family always had a plate of sliced onions and tomatoes on the table with every dinner. Idk if my parents still do it when it's just them at home, but I think they do, since they still do it when we visit. Sometimes mom would just season them with salt and pepper, sometimes she would dress them with vinaigrette.

Where are you from, if you don’t mind me asking? My stepmom would do the same thing and I found out it was big in the part of Ohio she’s from. I liked the tomatoes.

Wtf would not eat. As if frozen pizza wasn’t shitty enough already.

Chicopee, Massachusetts

Omarice or however you spell it in english. The soldiers it introduced it to Japan or something.

I went to chicopee high in falls...Ill be back there next month.

Sounds asian, are you asian?

Mustard and Horseradish.
I never even tried ketchup until I was a teenager.

Whats your firstname?

wrong click sorry Hiroshi.
Whats your firstname?

Enjoy you're poverty, McLopez.

>McLopez

giggled a bit

That actually doesn't sound too wierd. My mom would make tomato, cucumber and onion 'salad' with a bit of vinegar and salt. I still make it, myself. Bretty gud, bruv

The first time I ever ate a burrito with potatoes was at a Mexican restaurant in Aurora called Taco Mex when I was living in Denver on my rich white parents' dime. They had two locations when I was there, one of which had a drive through, and I made it a Sunday tradition to drive there hungover with a fat joint and get a burrito that I would keep warm by putting it on top of the dashboard in the sunlight. I miss all the good, cheap Mexican (and Vietnamese, for that matter) food in Denver.

That's a standard salad for me every day in the summer when both tomatoes and cucumbers are producing balls to the wall.

> Hispanic detected

I love rice with pasta.

Bread is better though.

my Dad likes to melt a slice of cheddar cheese on his apple pie slices

I’ve heard of that, people around here eat lumps of cheddar with apples, but it tastes rank to me.

My two brothers and I grew up eating literally only hotdogs hamburgers fries and pasta. After getting out of the house and slimming down I still try to change their habits, both my brothers are very heavy as is my father but my mum escaped too and stayed a twig.

Occasionally when we go out to eat or if I cook for them they're depressed by the portion sizes. They're not rude or animals but definitely never learned to limit themselves. Kind of grew up in a 'finish everything on your plate' home.

Nope, not weird. Just white people with no class crying.

this

kill all wypepo

The Hurgin.

Bologna with mayo and mustard icing.

Both my dad and me eat chocolate digestives with cheddar cheese

kys white devil

My mom’s side of the family along with my sister would eat bananas with mayonnaise, either in a bowl mixed together or in a sandwich. Apparently it’s a French Canadian thing as she claims that every member of her extended family has eaten it. Don’t ask me if it’s good or not because I’ve always been too disgusted with it to try it.

Put ketchup on it and he might

My grandfather would always put yellow mustard on Colby cheese. It's legitimately good.

My mom would put cottage cheese on a tomato slice and a little bit of salt. I didn't like tomatoes as a kid but I think I'd like it now

You should have asked him to feed you his cock or atleast moisen the food with his sweet man seed

if your asian then yea it makes perfect sense but any other race and it's a little weird ... but i bet if mixed together taste pretty good though

My family fucking loves Christmas. Growing up every meal we ate from 1st-24th december had to be attached to the Christmas Tree somehow and we'd pluck it off the tree (this ended with Christmas dinner which we had at the table)

so for example when we had hot dogs, we'd have to hang each dog, bun etc from a tree with a branch then balance the mustard and ketchup bottles on the tree and put our hot dogs together from that. If we had Lasagna or something then normally the Lasagna would be kept underneath the tree although one year we dangled the cooked Lasagna noodles from the branches and had a sauce pot and cheese sauce pot beneath the tree to assemble it ourselves.

why?
that just sounds so impractical

Reminds me how my mom allways did this weird "weight-watchers" lasagna where the white/cheese-sauce was replaced with cottage cheese.
Needless to say it was pretty bad, the lasagna-sheets would just boil like they would in water instead of turning into that delicious soft'n mushy stuff like it'd be in "standard" lasagna.

Christ, I'll bet after 25 days that tree smelled like my outside garbage container in the middle of summer.

even asians have more sense than to eat rice with freaking pasta. who the hell eats more carbs as a side to carbs?

What genetic disorder runs in your family?

My mom would have sliced cucumber with vinegar and pepper. She is half Chinese. She would also have sweet and sour sauce a lot.

>'finish everything on your plate'
Nothing wrong with this, unless it’s a fucking massive serving

You should eat until you're full, not until you've finished everything.

Ristorante is actually very good, try it

You're family is batshit

This must be a joke.

Dr. Oetker is an absolute sadist. Boycott his products

You should only put what you can eat on your plate and not build a huge mountain of food.

That sounds really weird unless there's a lot of meat in the lasagna that you have it leftover and not enough pasta

Pix related is good too.

That's sort of it. Like soaking up extra sauce with a slice of bread, and a bit of soy sauce goes well with the melted cheese.

>never eat crisps with sandwiches

Shit like this is why i come here

curries usually have rice and potatoes and they're very good

>Easy to eat

SO IS PIZZA, DR. OETKER! SO ARE HOTDOGS!

that actually sounds like a really fun family activity. stealing this idea

I remember trying these when when they were on sale, absolute fucking worst shit ever!

Well they weren't the hotdog variety like in pic but the bun "burned" really quickly in a bad way and it got all dry making it... well really fucking dry like breaking into flakes very easily and then the toppings would be so fucking hot after ovening that there'd be no fucking way you could eat the "burger" without waiting for like 5-10minutes at least!

Should have made him suck your cock as punishment, then.

someone cap this

Ok faggot, how about i eat what i want to? I eat rice amd potatoes all the time

Sprinkling black pepper on cantaloupes, honeydew and watermelon.
At thanksgiving having a pineapple slice with mashed sweet potato on top with a marshmallow on the potato toasted in the oven.

Partially, technically? My dad's half-"Asian" but my grandmother is not from the part of Asia most people think of when they think of "Asia" (IE, she's not East Asian).

>salt on watermelon
>burning all meat until dry

the salt on watermelon is great but the meat part not so much. i will admit i do still enjoy completely dried out oven broiled pork chops covered in salt.

Yeah it's an Asian/Polynesian thing. Samoan Spagetti is mixed together and served over rice.

T.tastelet brainlet

Sliced onions tomatoes and chilli is goat

but why

What the fuck

Rice pretty much goes with everything. It's a great way to fill you up and it's cheap, like beans.

>dangled the cooked lasagna noodles

I got you senpai

>no reactions and replies in cap

>we'd have to hang each dog, bun etc from a tree
Dude what