What's the best minced meat for my old country goulash (gulyás)?

I am going to make some old country food, but I need some advice (pic related). Should I used minced beef? If so should it be 80/20 or 93/7?

I was thinking that minced pork would be pretty good too?

Any anons have any advice?

Always 80/20. For everything. No exceptions.

Pork shoulder or beef chuck, and braise it. Ground meat and macaroni is the American version, not the old country traditional version.

>Goulash
>Minced meat
You fucked up. You do not put minced meat into Goulash, only whole meat chunks.

Thanks mate. That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure.
I got a lot of minced meat on discount at the store, so I was trying to use that. Thank you for the recommendation.
Um try again sweetie. Authentic goulash is made with minced meat, pasta, and cheese. If you're feeling adventurous a dabble of sour cream compliments it well. See pic related.

honestly what the fuck is that parsley doing there

see

Macaroni? That's so fucking American...

It's a garnish. If you have ever eaten something other than a McChicken you would know. High end places like Denny's even garnish their food.

That actually looks fucking delicious. The authentic version is great too of course, but if you wouldn't eat what's in that pic you're a tool.

Looks like the placenta stew I made for my wife after her son was born.

>t. Amerifat

It's actually pretty cheap (around $8 total) to make and leftovers can last a few days for you another for lunch/dinner.

If you wanted to go balls-out you could do a very coarse grind of chuck and brisket together using a food processor. Just cut them up into large chunks, chill in the freezer for an hour or so, then pulse until it looks pebbly. I find that it makes most minced meat dishes a lot better.

It'd cost me $8 to make six servings of it with 1lb of cheese.

>all this bait
Oh you!

For making Amerigoulash, beef only. If you use pork, though, get it from the Asian supermarket. Lean pork mince is $1.19/lb or so there compared to $5/lb for lean beef ($1.99/lb for 80/20, when on sale).
For six servings, I crumble cook 21oz of 80/20 beef then remove the solids.
Next, I drain, reserving liquids, one 28oz can of peeled tomatoes and press them of excess liquid (reserving those, too).
Crush the tomatoes finely and add to the beef grease along with one chopped onion and a chopped green bell pepper or two.
Salt generously and cook a bit.
Add flour to make a compound roux then add the pressed tomato juice to make a sauce. If desired, add paprika to the flour.
In a casserole dish, toss 1lb (dry weight) of par-cooked elbow macaroni (boil it in salted water until about halfway done then drain) with the cooked beef and 1lb of shredded cheese, saving a handful or two for topping. Mozzarella is a good choice.
Top the pasta mixture with the sauce then sprinkle on the reserved cheese and bake in a hot oven until bubbly and browned on top.

>cheat's version: use beef stock powder instead of salt

That's how I make Amerigoulash. I might have it wrong, not being American myself, but I had it for the first time at a potluck a few years ago and liked it and this method I came up with is based on what I had.
plz no bully

That's just chili though?

i hope your kid gets to know you before you die of a heart attack

I want to correct you; they're not mine but my wifes. They will get to know me for a long time, as my wife feeds me and her children well. Thanks for the concern user.

No it's goulash. You can transform it to chilli mac if you add some chilli powder and cumin to it.

Ah ok.

80/20 and some organ meat chunks thrown in for good measure. Always.

Liver, kidneys, or hearts?

Any and all.

add fourth cup course red bulgur wheat to stretch ground beef

Say what? I've only ever seen goulash made with ground meat.

OP made a bait thread by pretending that American goulash is the same as traditional Hungarian goulash, and that guy fell for it.

No I just want to make a good goulash

Shut the fuck up, faggot. We all know what you're trying to do.

>tfw you're unironically learning that american goulash isn't chili.

I hate Indiana food culture. German peasant bullshit in the rural areas, wannabe Chicago bullshit in the cities.

Chili doesn't have pasta in it.

what about beans? is that standard or is that bullshit as well

Idiot.

Originally, chili was served with beans on the side, and did not have any tomatoes, either, but modern recipes often include both, and even the ones without beans often have tomatoes.

no tomato? wow damn I'm out here in the cave still on chili i suppose. I'll have to try making some real shit and bringing it back to the family for a little holiday surprise.

Original Texas chili was made with dried chilies, cumin, onion, garlic, chunks of beef, and water, and thickened with masa harina. It's not for everyone, but it's good.

>Ground meat and macaroni
Anyone have any good recipes for this?

>500g ground beef
>2 diced onions
>2 cloves of crushed garlic
>rosmarine
>paprika (sweet works as well as spicy)
>tomatoes (if you have juicy fresh ones use them otherwise canned)

brown the mince in oil, put paprika and onions in, once theyre translucent put the rosmarine in, garlic and tomatoes in, let it simmer 5min

if you like it a bit different

>slice fresh ginger
>onions
>garlic
>soybean sprout
>sweet potatoe
>tonkatsu (vegetable) sauce
>stock (beef preferable)

makes for a very delicious, sweet and bitter minced meat sauce

Thanks Satan. I will make it tomorrow.

are you my grandma

>Looks like the placenta stew I made for my wife after her son was born.
>her son
cu/ck/ fits you

Why all the hate for OP? Beefaroni is GOAT!

God this shit again.
You dont make goulash with minced meat.
You make it with chopped pork shoulder meat or ham meat when you want it falling apart or use thick beef steak but it will cook for like 6 hours to be eatable.
Where does the idea of using minced meat for goulash comes from ?

Hamburger Helper I would imagine