In 1997 America's best writers published their respective masterpieces. Why did they all release in the same year?

>America's best writers
>Phillip Roth
Gas yourself. I don't agree with Delillo either, but Roth, no way.

>american pastoral
>good

Fucking kill yourself

Only one of those writers is good, let alone among the best. It's the first one

america peaked in the 90s, nafta hadn't kicked in yet and china wouldn't join the wto until 2001, after that double hit the american working class was decimated, and now it's just a one way slide to third world status, and our culture and art will follow our economy

Rabbit, Run is a much superior book dealing with the same shit as American Pastoral

I didn't think American Pastoral was as terrible as the other anons though

this

>American Pastoral (and Sabbath's Theater)
>not masterpieces
>mfw

if anything our books will be better. finally have something to write about besides ww2, modern ennui, and wealthy navelgazing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

i don't think i've ever liked a jew's book.

>hasn't read Proust or Kafka

Western man writes for beauty and glory, the semite writes to deceive and undermine the culture of the people he lives among. Jews are terrible writers anyway and should never be lumped in with European writers, and this includes Proust and Kafka.

>le nafta was bad for the working class meme
Lemme guess, you also believe Obama was born in Kenya?

i didn't like either of them.

It must be the Jews that are the problem then

Jews are simply bad writers because they are middle easterners attempting to engage in a European art form. They are also a problem generally.

Okay, /pol/. Regardless of Roth's merits (he's a great 'realist' writer--AP is a classic imo), the fact that his name being mentioned automatically triggers anti-semitism is utterly shameful. It's toxic, anti-intellectual, and lazy to voice those sentiments. Even anonymously on the internet. Ffs.
American Pastoral > M&D > Underworld

It's a testament to how good of a writer he is. Also, stop responding to bait

Lemme guess, you are a regular Salon reader and frequently repeat 2010 mainstream memes.

I've never posted on pol and however much kvetching you do it still won't change the fact that the sick and perverted jew in question is a mediocre writer.

nice dubs :^)

Dude idc if it's bait. Anti semitism is NOT acceptable under any circumstance. Neither is the use of "nigger" which is also way to fucking prevalent here. Discrimination is not funny and it's not a joke. Normalizing it in an anonymous setting is dangerous. And it lowers the level of discourse significantly.

Yeah, that'll shut them up

I hope you're joking or jewish because there's no reason for a white person to be this uninformed. Pointing out jewish the negative influence jews have on western societies, which includes pointing out the mediocrity of perverts the jewish publishing industry has promoted to undermine western culture, is in no way "antisemitic." It is a normal and healthy response to jewish behavior.

Thanks for the redpill.

Easy, we don't know when the book were actually finished. It's not like the manuscript arrives, gets checked & published.

Pynchon might say there's a cabal.

Because I think a writer who happens to be Jewish isn't good doesn't automatically translate that I'm a poltard. Some other posters here, yes, are.

I read 200 pages of American Pastoral before I had to put it away. It's so middling, overrated, averagely written, backboned by such an empty plot.

The fact that you think both Mason & Dixon and Underworld are lesser, shows that you are lesser.

>didn't finish a book
>can only criticize it in the vaguest of terms
>expects to be take seriously

Not him but you need to gtfo, loser. 200 pages is more than enough to determine that a book is a jewish piece of shit.

I'm neither fagmerican nor kike, so I think I didn't get American Pastoral.

Have you read it? The Swede is a totally assimilated, blonde, athletic, secular Jew who marries a gentile. Of Roth's books it's probably one of the least Jewish

White Noise was better than Underworld. I'd debate you nerds, but my time is worth more than yours, so I won't.

I feel like American Pastoral would have been great if Merry wasn't such an insufferable twat with seemingly zero redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Side Note: Jennifer Connelly in the movie version is STILL a fuckin' smokeshow.

Listen, man. I could not care less about the whole Jew conversation but to say American Pastoral is better than M&D...I mean, gas yourself.

If you browse Veeky Forums and don't like Philip Roth you should honestly fucking hang yourself. Please. What a disgusting sham. You call yourself a reader, what a joke.

Jews suck donkey nuts.

this, I look forward to shitty interesting times. The present is pretty great to observe but it's missing some third world grit that'll take it to the next level

Kek

indeed, over/undereducated slimeballs hurtling about with their iphones that no longer have a charge, let alone an internet to connect to, using them as talismans to ward off the ancient curse of postmodernism as they use orally described memes to communicate in rude chains about nearby squirrel warrens wherein food might rest, fatless and chittering. The leader of a pack, restive, a greyed tramsgender, now nigh genderless, points towards a bright light, a chinese minidrone with an led pattern, measuring for biosigns to send back to its carbonoid master, a hulking mass of organic machinery, developed by the now omnipotent CRISPR Corp. The filthy troupe flees after hurling a stone at the whirring eye. and on and on...