Have you ever gotten food poisoning before?

have you ever gotten food poisoning before?

Yes, in the middle of a 3 hour ferry ride too of all places. Some chocolate milk I bought from a vending machine that apparently had machine lubricant spill into it. They almost had to call a helicopter to fly me over to a hospital.

Did you die?

Ate pork that seemed okay. Peed out of my butt every 2-4 hours for a week, lost 10 lbs. Only realized it was the pork when I defrosted some more of it and it tasted sour. It wasn't very fun.

Yes from menudo. Never again will I touch or go near that shit

Yes, left chicken in the sink for 3 days. still ate it, immediately shit. Would have to shit right after anything went in my mouth.

Had about 6 or 7 plates of piled hight all you can eat sushi,was fine for the rest of the day and the day after but then I got violently sick.I was dangerously dehydrated and malnourished because even a literal drop of water would make me throw up.ended up being hospitalized with an I.V. for a few days and I was told that I would've been dead in 36 hours had ai not come in.Sushi wasnt even fucking good.

yep
Didn't know it was possible before then to puke more than 10 times in one day
literally did nothing those two days but lay in bed drifting in and out of consciousness and occasionally leaning over to barf

Salmonella from frozen sushi quality ahi tuna that was recalled 1 week later (thx USDA and FDA for being so prompt). I didn't fully recover for over 2 weeks. At one point I was only capable of crawling across the floor with frequent breaks. Salmonella is no fucking joke. Diarrhea and vomiting end within 24 hours, but you just continue to weaken. It's easy to see how weak fucks die from it.

Yeah, don't know how it happened exactly but my stomach hurt so much I couldn't do anything except curling up in my bed sometimes, and I'm usually the type to ignore the pain and go on. One time I could clearly hear and feel exactly where the liquid was in my colon. Also it was finals week.

My brother got food poisoning from the fish from a buffet on a long ferry ride. He was so pissed off that he was screaming at the damage control ppl between dry vomits. He got wheeled off on a wheelchair. I recall there being a lot of damage control around that.

once ate a raw potato. Wrapped my head in a towel and lay on the floor praying that I would be able to fall asleep.

in uni I bought a whole bunch of Costco chicken dinner (like a dozen legs of chicken or something in one container) and I was too stupid to freeze it. As it went bad it would turn blue and yellow, so I would cook it again to kill the bac and make it edible. I repeated this a couple times over the period of time that I ate it, the last portion was basically paste

Only time was when I got sushi to eat during a lecture at uni. It was a fried chicken with mayo sushi roll. I think the mayo was fucked up. I was sitting in the lecture and tried to ignore my stomach pain. Eventually it got so bad I decided i had to go home or else i'll shit myself
>walk to my car doubled over
>too scared to fart because it could be shit
>takes about 40 minutes to get home
>decimate the toilet with lava shit
>lay down in bed
>start drifting to sleep
>all of a sudden it feels like my stomach flipped over inside me
>100% awake and I run to the toilet as fast as I can
>throw up everywhere
Felt like shit most of the night but was ok after. Sushi hasn't been the same for me since. Basically just don't go to sushi places run by chinks. make sure actual japs are running it

Twice. Once from a roller hotdog at a truck stop and once from a convienence store pizza sub I didn't microwave. Both times I was laid out for a full day, with alternating puking and diarrhea, cold sweats and nausea. Would not reccomend.

i recall eating guacamole doritos and then falling ill like a day later as a kid

>was fine for the rest of the day and the day after

Once from a package of pulled pork that took out my whole family for a day, don't remember it too well, though.
Once more recently from a Firehouse Subs. That was a weird experience, as it was easily the most furious bout of projectile vomiting in my life, but I pretty much immediately felt fine. I guess my body rejected it quickly or something.

Don't know if it counts as food poisoning, but I remember playing beer-pong and that the ball kept falling on dirt and we would just rinse in the same water cup, got a delightful mix of hangover and diarrhea the next morning I was shaking from shitting and vomiting so much

Also osmotic diarrhea is the worse

Once I had a bunch of eggs sitting around that were on the verge of going bad but I boiled them up and ate em anyway. When I woke up the next day I felt like I'd been stabbed in the stomach. I was vomiting from the pain and couldn't keep anything down, and I figured it was surely from the eggs. I managed to drive myself to a walk-in clinic where I found out that it wasn't food poisoning, but a kidney stone. So no, I've never had food poisoning before.

Yeah from eating disgusting ass street shitter indian dot head food. Fucking nasty food

a chili cheese hotdog from 711

god had no mercy on me

yeah.
>girlfriend works at a cafe
>get free shit from her before i head home
>she gives me some sort of pecan egg tart
>isn't cooked through at all and is super sweet
>eat it anyway, forget about it
>get home
>overcome with fever, diarhhea, literally sweating through shirt
>sit at the computer, start crying from the pain
>try to eat some chili, cant keep more than a few bites down
>turn the lights off, lie on the floor
>climb into bed at 6 pm, begin to doze off
>have incredibly vivid, colorful dreams about working on the pro wrestling circuit in the seventies
>they are vivid, to the point where I can remember all the intricate details even now
>all happening as i faded in and out of conciousness, sweating through my sheets and groaning
>whenever i came to, I would start praying and begging for forgiveness
>goes on for over eight hours
>wake up fine the next day, eat an apple

unironically one of the greatest nights of my life.

DUDE

i swear to god, a friend of mine back in high school gave me half of his firehouse sub for some ice cream, and I literally was sick for two days.

>tfw im just recovering from food poisoning a week ago

yes. vomit, diarrhea, chills, fever... I went to a Popeye's with my friend while traveling. They gave me my food instantly but my friend had to wait about 10 mins for his food. I didn't realize at the time how bad a sign that was. My shit was garbage I only ate half of it. We were on the road so I didn't complain or anything, it was just not good. 2 hours later I was as sick as I've ever been in my life. Dying.

>vivid, colorful dreams about working on the pro wrestling circuit in the seventies
I'm actually kinda jealous

yes in morocco. i legit thought i had to die

Me too brother.

i watched an old ric flair match before i got into bed. it honest to god was like a sop opera. lots of cocaine and arguing over women. and again, it was like a lucid, sweaty 8 hour soap opera.

Most recent bout:
>be me
>on date night with the gf
>after an afternoon downtown plan to go to the planetarium to stargaze
>decide to pop into whatever restaurant is closest to our destination
>find this little Italian joint, order some mushroom ravioli
>now I've never had mushroom ravioli before but I could tell something was up, like they weren't made in house and were just defrosted and the texture was odd
>finish up dinner and head over
>can tell right away that something's up but decide to power through it and maybe the discomfort would pass
>nope
>hour later we're heading back, I'm hunched over in the car, starting to sweat
>half an hour later into netflix & chill, I'm on top, the mind is will but the body is not, the constant motions is making my stomach gurgle and everything slosh around
>stop mid-stroke and say I'm feeling like shit, rush to the bathroom and effectively pee out my ass
>stay hunched over the toilet for a good 20 minutes as the floodgates open, have to wash myself off in the shower due to the incredible splashback
>spend the next 6 hours in a flop sweat alternating between freezing cold and burning up, every now and then crabwalking to the toilet
>the next day I am so dehydrated and joints hurt so bad I started getting delirious, can barely choke down water
>can no longer trust ravioli

>tfw been food poisoned at least 2, possibly 3 times

The worst bout was after I ate a cold gas station hot dog. I shit and vomited for 3 days straight. Almost went to the hospital. I literally could not keep any fluid in my stomach. I would drink water and then 5 minutes later vomit it up. My body was rejecting everything from my digestive system. My asshole was puckering and going through the physical motions of shitting without anything coming out. And I was dry heaving as there was nothing left in my stomach to vomit up. 0/10

I know what you mean about the dying. Food poisoning is some awful stuff.

I once ate prawns that were sitting in room temperature water. I don't understand why this didn't translate at all to my thoughts. It was not as bad as alcohol withdrawal but it was comparative with lesser hallucinations and on par fever pains, but for shorter periods of time.

Yes and I almost died AMA

From a burger steak when I was 10 or so.
Straight from the butcher shop not remade.
Got red urticaria and vomit for a good week

I feel I was to succinct and I forgot how horrible this truly was. I'd recently split up with my partner so I was living alone, I was at a work function alone for the first time and my nerves probably factored into eating prawns sitting in tepid water. I was terrified that the heat, sweat and churning stomach were caused by my own anxiety and that this was how being alone would feel. I threw up in my new sheetless bed, and managed to shit myself in what I'd classify as a "small way", it was greasy liquid with "pellets" that barely felt and resistance from when they came out. I'm glad to no longer be along and I have avoided seafood when I'm more than 2km from a coastline (this may be a cat on stove type scenario, but as I never enjoyed seafood to begin with, I feel this is easier than trying to overcome the mental block).

What was the cause?
How long was your recovery?
Have you changed your eating habits in any lasting way since the incident?

The cause was bad food
Two weeks at the least
Yes, I am now a more careful person when it comes to food.

>I left chicken in a most-likely dirty sink for three days
>still thought it was a good idea to eat it

Honestly, you deserved it.

On holiday in Spain when I was a kid. We discovered you could get into the kitchen after dinner and so had ourselves a midnight feast

Turns out shit goes bad very quickly if left out in spanish heat, felt like death the next day

I got an infection from shitty Chinese food that shut down my gallbladder. Had it removed last week. Beforehand the stomach aches were so bad I was sleeping like 20 hours a week max. I get sleep paralysis 10+ times a week now. The duck wasn't even good.

What an insightful AMA this has been

In response to
Obviously

Not sure if it qualifies, but when I was I think 19 I learned that I probably can't process alcohol. It was new year's eve and I was at home playing video games and talking with my friends on Skype, decided to have more than one beer for the first time. Up until that point I had never had more than one small drink at a time, this time I drank all of 3 beers. Didn't get drunk at all but within an hour or two I was violently ill. Threw up between 7 and 10 times and generally had a bloody awful night. Decided it would probably be wise to avoid alcohol from there on out, seeing as I don't even really enjoy the taste. I'm 24 now and I've still never been drunk and haven't had more than a shot of whiskey since.

Thank you

>Get food poisoning from Japanese restaurant ran by Chinese ant people
>Vomiting profusely and feverish for a solid day
>Go to the doctor and get everything recorded
>Ate with a large group of people including another person who ordered the same thing and got sick
>Get a lawyer friend who takes it on pro bono and sue, as what I was eating isn’t even warned about like sushi is, but there wasn’t even a warning about the raw food on the menu or in the establishment, so they could be cross contaminating and not warning anyone of anything, as well as food poisoning me
>Ant people owners freak because apparently half of their family/most of their workers are there illegally and are terrified of court and being on record of anything other than their business license
>Settle out of court where they give me the restaurant and everything in it
>Offer the location to a local Japanese restaurant that had recently begun franchising out around town and putting drive thrus and online ordering in restaurants in exchange for a super low franchising purchase option
>Now franchise holder of the most profitable restaurant in their chain
>Basically retire at 26 and and just do what’s required as franchise holder and fuck around with crypto for a living

Food poisoning made me rich. I made sure to give my lawyer friend a nice gift.

For the best user, first time I got drunk downed 1 litre of cask wine and threw up all over myself, but my recovery was good so I couldn't wait to do it again. Now I'm struggling to quit drinking every night and trying to get rid of my disgusting pudgy malnourished body. 24 also. Started drinking regularly when I was 15 and it's the biggest regret of my life. I quit smoking after 5 years("5 yrs isnt bng adicted m8 i smk 40 pcks a day fgt 4 86 yrs" - Veeky Forums) very easily but no matter how long I go without drinking I eventuallyt relapse and end up apathetic and feeling shitty

>Settle out of court where they give me the restaurant and everything in it

Eat some vegetables, bean and potatoes

I've recently begun seeing my father again recently and hes supplied me with many homegrown vegetables, and meat from animals he raises. I'm am forever grateful for this, ad i Feel quality food has helped my recovery greatly. been making a lot of bigos recently, very nourishing and stores well. I dont fuck with beans tho. thank you for your response user.

Poor sentence structure is because I'm currently eating, not drunk. Have been sober 3 weeks.

You are more than welcome friend
Hope it works out for you

It was a dingy little brick and mortar with cooking equipment from the early 90’s. Trust me, court costs, legal fees, and a cash payout to me would have cost them way more than that building and what was in it. The could part with it because they had 2 other restaurants (in the same strip mall for some fucking reason).

Last year I went to the cinema to see the first Alien movie and I didn't feel so good when I was there, nothing bad but I decided to stick to water.

The next day was a national well celebrated holiday in our country so my entire street was crowded and filled with markets, bands etc. the entire day though I was feeling miserable as in this was the worst case of food poisoning I've had thus far.

It was as if knifes were stabbing me in the stomach for almost 7 days straight, I ate nothing but fruit, crackers and soup and whenever I ate the stabbing would get worse and I would be shitting acid rain.

At some point it got so bad I simply decided to drink water and tank some scotch which was a good idea cause everything that I ate flushed out within no time.

I could hardly move it was so bad, all I could do was lie in bed. Until this day I still do not know what caused this or if it was actual food poisoning cause I didn't eat anything weird beforehand at all.

Stick to your Chicken Soup white boy.

Chink buffet, motherfucking beef, desu