How do I boil water in the proper way, Veeky Forums?

How do I boil water in the proper way, Veeky Forums?

A lot of people forget to use a lid. Cuts boiling time significantly. Especially if they lid is heavy,

Use the microwave, I don't trust you with a stove

>Get a pot
>Put water in it
>Put it over the stove
>Wait a while
>Boiling
Wow that was fucking easy.

with adult supervision

Don't have a lid. Can I use a steel plate as the lid?

Don't have a microwave.

>>Put water in it
An exact measure would be nice.
>>Wait a while
Again. How much is a while?

Okay you're serious so i won't be cheeky again... so long as it covers it all up you're good. If you're making pasta or something else with noodles i'd recommend throwing in a tablespoon or so of salt into the water while boiling.

No, I just want to drink some hot water. A tablespoon, is that just the normal spoon you'd eat with? Should I throw in the salt after some specific time or from the get go?

this has to be bait but I'm bored so whatever.

if you just want to drink some hot water, then put in the amount of water you want to drink plus 1/2 cup to account for evaporation.
>How much is a while?
til there are big bubbles rising to the top and the whole surface of it is churning. that is a full rolling boil.

once it is at a full rolling boil, take it off the burner and dump it directly into your open mouth. swallow.

>dump it directly into your open mouth. swallow.

Top fef

>plus 1/2 cup
How much is that? I have cups of varying sizes. Which one should I use?

Fuck, it's going to take like 20 pounds of salt to clean all of that up.

Bruh, are you trolling or do you actually have 0 idea how to cook anything?

Just put water in a pot or sauce pan, put it over a burner and wait until it starts bubbling like here They're talking about measuring cups. See pic I uploaded. If you happen to have a scale, a 1/2 cup of water is 4 oz.

just do what i do and drink hot bath water

Actually, just thought of it, pic related is for measuring liquids. Not the measuring cups I posted before.

>sauce pan
You mean like a frying pan? I can boil the water in that?

Don't really have either of those, what can I use as a substitute?

Pour it in your asshole and force it up through your digestive system into your mouth

it should be pretty hot by then

Protip: just one ml of cum can lower water's boiling point by 5 degrees,saving you a good bit on electricity or gas

And how does one do that exactly?

Step 1: insert hose into anus
Step 2: turn hose on
Step 3: vomit hot water

>You mean like a frying pan? I can boil the water in that?
I don't recommend that. It's too easy to spill. A sauce pan is like the pic I uploaded.

>Don't really have either of those
Nigga! Do you live in a crack house or something?? Get your ass off to the store and get a set of measuring cups and spoons lol
In the mean time, the average soda bottle is 1 or 2 liters (says on the label). A cup of water is just under 0.25 liters (more like 230-something). Find a 1 liter bottle and fill it so it's just under 1/4 full of water. It won't be super accurate but should be close enough for what ever you're trying to do. If you only have 2 liter bottles, fill it 1/4 full, transfer it to a cup and dump 1/2 out of the cup.

Stir it with your dick

OP if you want to boil water the best way is to use an electric kettle. Ideally one of those cheap plastic ones with the open metal coils, they look like shit but work faster than the nicer ones with the smooth metal insides because there is less unnecessary metal to heat up.

make sure you don't look at it or else it won't come to a boil

>Should I throw in the salt after some specific time or from the get go?
Salt should only be added when the water is already boiling. Otherwise it will lay on the bottom of the pot and may cause the metal to wear there over time, from bubble cavitation.

Oh a curry pot I have one of those. So the only bottle I have is an old Sprite one but the label's torn off. The bigger forearm length ones are 2 litre ones right?
>Get your ass off to the store and get a set of measuring cups and spoons lol
Would fall useless since I don't really cook all that often, plus I'm broke right now.

Had one of these but it broke recently and can't afford to replace it.

Right, got it. So just add in the salt after the bubbles form?

>a curry pot
I'm not sure what that is. Google images show mostly clay or ceramic serving dishes, which most don't look like they're meant for boiling water or cooking anything in them. Maybe baking would be OK.

>The bigger forearm length ones are 2 litre ones right?
Right, unless they have different sizes in your country, or you're a midget

>Would fall useless since I don't really cook all that often, plus I'm broke right now.
They're not very expensive. You can get a cheap plastic one for like $2. Also, if you cook at home more often, you'd save a lot of money--enough to pay for a set of measuring spoon, at least lol

Okay, got it thanks.

>after the bubbles form
Ideally after it has come to a rolling boil.

Ok, so the bubbles are, I think, "rolling" and I've put the salt in now. How many minutes should I wait til its done?

>Had one of these but it broke recently and can't afford to replace it.
Being this poor

Looks like it's done to me.

Looks kind of over cooked but that's okay, just add some more cold water to it to even it out.

I want to swim in that. I see the broken glass and still kind of want to.

this is bait

>Water nice and hot
>Salt and pepper
>lil' drizzle of olive oil
>Put the pasta into the pot, away from you
>Just like that, beautiful
>Take some lovely fresh thyme and a glove of garlic and just rub it on there
>Out of the pot, cover it and let it rest
>Beautiful

add a fork so there are nucleation points

Americans only have 110 volts in there power points, boiling water is impossible in USA unless you live at high altitude.

You forgot to turn on the stove, user.

Welcome to /ck, Gordon.

I use an electric kettle and it's pretty quick. Not as quick as the ones in 220V countries but quick nonetheless.

>/ck
>not Veeky Forums
I know what website you're from