Meta thread

Why does Veeky Forums pretend to be so highbrow when the reality is that you mainly just wank to cartoons all day?

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
encyclopediadramatica.rs/Bookz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wish Veeky Forums actually did pretend to be highbrow. Even pretence would be better than this.

Eh idk its kind of something to emulate actually. I got some good recommendations yesterday.

Just thought it might be a way to approach the lack of diversity in what is """allowed""" reading material for discussion

This is Veeky Forums. You can post whatever the fuck you want. People will call you a faggot regardless. You want actual discussion from all responses in a thread go somewhere else.

It's just a way to get on top of each other.

Why the fuck is there a meta thread.

This is one of the best boards on the site, nothing needs to be discussed in this unnecessary thread, except for the possibly interesting thread that you probably killed with your fucking meaningless post.

Go somewhere else if Veeky Forums is too highbrow for you faggot

Saged

Here is a description of Veeky Forums's memes.
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_Roster
I don't understand why you idiots didn't vote Nick Land on our football roster.

>this is [website we are on with le notorious reputation] and I don't want positive change xD
Kys faggot

Go to Reddit it you want to engage in intellectual conversation, I am a Reddit refugee and I only come here for the memes.

I have reported Veeky Forums to the Authorities countless times for saying the "n-word" but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. You people are still as vile and racist as you ever were. In my country you would be thrown in jail for hate speech.

This it's obvious OP just wants an excuse to shitpost

>He gets offended by things on the internet

Yes pretty much every other book-related board on the internet is too infested with casual readers.

My dream Veeky Forums is an order of magnitude more elitist, aggressively highbrow and dismissively aristocratic towards "I absolutely love Murakami, he's my favourite author!"-type of people.

>diversity
fuck off nigger

Even if it's on the internet, that doesn't make it okay to be a bigot. It's still a disgusting sentiment that is communicated by a human being.

There is no reason to take it personally, especially if it wasn't directed towards (You)

See what I mean?

nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger
NIGGER

Hate speech is not free speech, and that includes Veeky Forums. Saying the n-word should result in a ban and have a hate-speech complaint sent to the local authorities. Drumpf has given power to you Veeky Forums rascists.

We at Reddit won't rest until this white supremacist cesspool is shut down and you are all thrown in prison and raped.

>dishevelled outcasts clinging to an ancient form but true for mof media
>wide variety of opinions, minimal tripfagging
>lots of newfags and redditors and tumblrina refugees
>john green, tao lin, melville shills
>some nice talent in poetry and critique threads
>resistant to /pol/ influence and still roasts the other side equally

Peace be with you, faggot.

If you actually hate black people, then that word is appropriate. If you're just using it for shock value or because it's funny, believe me, it's not. If your heart isn't filled with racial hate, really think about why you're using that word and whether it's appropriate.

>wide variety of opinions,
>some nice talent in poetry and critique threads
>resistant to /pol/ influence and still roasts the other side equally
none of these are true of this board tbqh

How many people post here at a given time?

I'd wager three fifty on that

Because it Veeky Forums read high school tier books and normie literature there would be literally no barriers to entry and this board would go to shit.

It's already shit. This place has maybe 10 or 15 regular posters and repeats the same pseudointellectual, autistic argument every week. Even /tv/ has better book discussion.

>>wide variety of opinions,
Everybody has opinions

>>some nice talent in poetry and critique threads

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

>>>resistant to /pol/ influence and still roasts the other side equally

We're talking about nu-/pol/ here right? Veeky Forums's /pol/ is pure kikery and spambots

Veeky Forums is a Catholic board

>reddit spacing
faggot
>Everybody has opinions
and they just so happen to all be the same. this place is r/books2.0 except with %100 more edge
>Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Lmao
>We're talking about nu-/pol/ here right? Veeky Forums's /pol/ is pure kikery and spambots
on this you're correct

The fact that the literature board is constantly scrapping over religion is silly. We need a /seek/ - Religion and Philosophy board to bring all of these threads together.

>reddit spacing

>>getting triggered by spacing

It's the collection of opinions that one "believes" that matters. Not individual ones.

LMAO look at you defending this circlejerk and your reddit tourist ass. touche reddit, touche.

>implying /tv/ has read a book in their life

I agree. The amount of memery and nonsense here is too high - although, this is Veeky Forums, so I don't expect better, I just hope.

My dream Veeky Forums has a touch of Veeky Forums in it.

Unnecessary.

Reddit isn't necessarily better. I feel the best anons blow out the best Reddit users - at least by intellect, if not by posts.

Go back to plebbit

>nao pls no ban much religious baitposting mr mods

Can we PLEASE end lyrics/lyricists threads? Just because they have words does not mean they belong here instead of a more fitting place, like

lame pasta nigger

Second this, also the anime, fitlit and co threads.

This x10000

Do you guys think ethnographies or ethnographic discussion would belong here or someplace else, like Veeky Forums? Nature writing, too (popular not scientific). Here or Veeky Forums / /an/? Maybe even /out/?

I use the word to remove power from the word.

this 100%
also nice trips

where do you live ?

But I gotta defend how mos def is the greates African American poet!

Off topic but what is a site where I can download free epubs and PDF of actual books that aren't in the public domain? Didn't want to waste a thread.

I like Veeky Forums. Been posting on and off since 2010. Who here remembers the true old tripfags like d&e?

Veeky Forums themed filters when?
>Brékékék koax koax instead of kek/cuck/laughter variants
>"Start with the Greeks" only in attic

bookzz is in thie sticky.

But this is better anyway so I'll help
encyclopediadramatica.rs/Bookz
just follow directions there IRC isnt as scary as it looks.

Many people want to post here because they think that the discussion on this board will be more 'intellectual' and less shitposty.
The discussion on this board is only good when its on topic.
making a thread about politics/current events/anything not books or even more general philosophy threads is going to make this board more shit.

read more

I find it sad that the newfigs of to-day will never not respond to such poor bait

Bookzz and it's replacement b-ok or whatever died. If there is a third replacement I haven't heard of it.

We need to update the sticky,