Durian

Is it really that bad?

its good

its shit

I fucking hate ferrothorn so much

It's not bad at all. If you can eat stinky cheeses or meme fermented shark, you can eat durian.

Tasty fruit

It tastes sort of like custardy pulp flavored with pearl onions.

Best fruit. I don't get the stink meme.

Just flyovers can't handle foreign and exotic stuffs.

it's smells like surströmming but with 1/10th of the intensity

>meme

>Shart in mart detected

It may smell better than you blacks but for white people the stench is awful

People only eat this fruit ironically.

Upon opening it and first taste it was immediately apparent to me that nobody has ever enjoyed this disgusting thing, it's some kind of joke that keeps perpetuating inexplicably. Seriously, it was akin to picking up roadkill and biting into it, only in plant form.

smells like shit but doesn't taste too bad.

I had some in thailand a couple of months ago. It was mostly a little slimy and boring, but I can't smell either.

fuck you

It tastes and smells like a sweetish kind of garlic or something

It tastes like a combination of onion, pepper, and mango. It's nasty.

I had an asian roommate for a while. One day after work I walked in the front door and was instantly hit by a horrendous odor. I followed my nose and started combing through the cabinets trying to find the animal that had died in the house, until I stumbled upon a plastic bag of durian-flavored hard candies. Even these individually-wrapped candies reeked of swamp ass. You'd think they could find some way of suppressing the smell, but nope.

eat rotten custard its about the same. I tried both side by side for the hell of it. Its almost them same.

seekay in a nutshell

Is it true that it smells differently to different people?

I tried one of those things. Tasted like garbage. Fuck durians.

Most people in Western countries with diets high in red meat and dairy liken the smell to spoiled animal products. White people generally hate it.

yeah, im from SEA and practically grew up eating durians, the smell is great and the taste impeccable

>multicultaralism

I think it's pretty delicious, but it's a huge challenge for those who haven't encountered it as children. It's one of those foods with a complex flavor. Many things about it seem really wrong, while some other things about it are delicious. And some of the wronger things are the flavors that linger. It's kind of weirdly sexy that way. Not for everyone.

I'm a whitey and to me it just smelled like a city. Not great, but not really gag inducing. Tasted pretty good.

Fuck you, it's the king of the fruit. Mangosteen is the queen.

t. Malaysian

it really depends, the texture alone killed it for me
my husband on the other hand thought it was good

the smell? it can be pretty bad for some people, I have to pinch my nose every time I have it but it's a decent tasting fruit.

Maybe at first, but it's addicting.