Would you?

Would you?

Other urls found in this thread:

costco.com/Japanese-Wagyu-Boneless-Ribeye-Roast,-12-lbs.product.100311435.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sure, I would a bunch of fat

Would you like some meat with your fat?

Not paying $100 for a steak that is slightly better than a normal steak.

Hell yeah. Got an after pic? I wanna see what it looks like once all that marbling reduces.

Only if it was cooked well done to get rid of the fat.

Only with a side of your finest tomato ketchup my good man

And a side of Mac n Cheese. Blue box of course.

well done please, tojo

How is it like having a job that pays less than six figures?

Sure. In milk. Boiled over hard, with a side of jellybeans, raw.

I don't know, op, would you?

>Prime Kobe beef

More like 300 usd a steak

>caring about steak in 2017

>How is it like
ESL student detected

I get prime rib roast for 16 euro per kilo, how bad is the economy doing in murica that you guys need to pay 100$+ per prime steak?

>dismissing half a fucking cow in 2017

>still eating cow

>not eating cow
Are you religious?

Prime rib is not "prime" steak. Prime rib is the name of the cut, not an indicator of it's quality.

Bullshit, the name of the cut is cote boeuf anyway, rib roast has always been a retarded name. And prime should only be used to show quality.

shit like this post is why everyone makes fun of O B S E S S E D retards.

I can get prime rib for cheaper than what you pay. This thread is not about cheap steak though. And believe it or not, expensive steak also exists in Europe. You just don't know about it because you're poor and retarded.

Prime is not a quality indicator it's a status indicator.

Butcherfag here is right, it's one of the several primal cuts which is what 'prime' means in this situation. It's essentially the 2nd and 3rd rib but nowadays it refers to any standing rib beef roast.

In this sense of the word 'prime' they mean primal, as in the seconds- rib, loin, round, chuck, flank, chest plate, shank and short/belly.

Can't handle some banter? Ofcourse i could get some overpriced steaks to sell but why would i when i can get good quality for 16 per kilo?

>Prime beef is produced from young, well-fed beef cattle. It has abundant marbling (the amount of fat interspersed with lean meat)

So this is wrong?

of course, i'd relish the chance to eat actual wagyu but i also eat grocery store steaks with glee

>the name of the cut is cote boeuf anyway, rib roast
.... cote boeuf is a fancy-know-nothing name for the rib STEAK. Boneless would be ribeye or delmonico; but I've also seen 'beef medallion'
A rib ROAST would be 'prime rib'.

That's kind of a disingenuous explanation though, the reason "prime nomenclature" became the popular term on a retail level is that it sounds like "prime" the grade.

>Prime beef is produced from young, well-fed beef cattle. It has abundant marbling (the amount of fat interspersed with lean meat)
>is this wrong?
No? But can you show me beef cattle that arent 'produced from young, well fed cattle'? CAB for example means 'certified angus beef' as in it has been certified by a company.

>trying to play off the obvious ignorance behind your comment that Americans "need to" pay $100 for a steak

>cote boeuf
Côte de boeuf, you uneducated imbecile

I didn't say it wasn't a marketing scheme. But that is what it is known as.
Again, referring to prime in most cases yes indicates its classification but it's kind of an oxymoron. Like calling shrimp 'jumbo' as a selling point.

coat daboof

So all other cuts of beef are from old, poorly fed cattle? Where's the prime crosscut beef shank? Prime ground beef? Get fucking real, man.

Right, that's what it's known as, but you kind of implied that it was just an innocent misunderstanding when you said "In this sense of the word 'prime' they mean primal"

The intended meaning is to make it sound fancy and expensive with full plausible deniability, the fact that they can then fall back on the "oh, well I didn't really *mean* prime in the way you thought" is just a convenience, so that they can say they were just using shop-talk and there was no intent to mislead

.... it is fancy. Even at Choice classification steaks and 'prime rib' choice roasts are like 13$ a pound. Local places charge 40 dollars for a rib steak with some mashed and a glass of water.
As opposed to actual Prime prime which is like 25$ a pound or 80 dollars a plate.

Not calling people poor, just saying; most people who can afford to go to those restaurants usually go for the atmosphere and expectations and couldn't tell you the difference between shit.

>inb4 'well ive been eating my whole life and i can tell the difference'
of course someone on Veeky Forums could tell the difference, but people will pay 150 dollars for a filet and glass of wine if they think they're getting the best quality.

>.... it is fancy.
Not really, it has a "fancy" ring about it because it's called "prime", and obviously it's not chuck roast, but it's the default choice at old people buffets, wedding halls, and that sort of thing, because it's a reasonable middle-of-the-road option to feed a horde of people without looking like you're being cheap. It's like calling a room with wi-fi and folgers at the La Quinta Inn the 'executive room'. Nothing executive about it, but nobody really cares unless someone actually tries to argue, with a straight face, that it's for CEOs to hang out in

I'm not saying it's some kind of super secret conspiracy, everyone knows this, I'm just harping on your "meant to", which is borderline dishonest.

No I mean a rib roast is considered fancy for most people, despite what classification you're buying(standard, select, choice or prime).

> reasonable middle-of-the-road option
What is a better beef roast then?.. Besides the tenderloin or petites?

>I'm not saying it's some kind of super secret conspiracy, everyone knows this, I'm just harping on your "meant to", which is borderline dishonest.
But it's not dishonest as that is what it is called. I did not invent the nomenclature.
If that sparks you a bit I suggest you look up the definition of 'all natural' and 'no artificial additives'. That shit is head-over-heels dishonest.

cook it rare.

take the juices left over in the cast iron pan and add a ground dried anchovy, dried ground shitake mushroom, and dried ground kombu kelp. then pour those juices back over the meat

You have just ruined that steak. Salt and pepper with a hair of olive oil seared on both sides then in the oven at 400 for 10 minutes if it's an inch and a half steak as god intended.

You want the meat to taste like meat, not like mushrooms anchovies and fucking kale.

>MUH SALT AND PEPPER ONLY, NO FLAVORS EXCEPT PURE BEEF ALLOWED
fuck off

>buy 70 dollar steak
>cook it in mushrooms kale and anchovies

kelp, you fucking idiot. KELP
and he said DRIED, GROUND
literally all he's doing is adding MSG, hitting it with Accent would be the same thing

I don't know what you mean by "most people", there's no middle class anymore, so you're either going to see people defending the honor of their steak-ums like it's their own mother, or people e-peening about how they refuse to eat anything other than A4 wagyu from kobe prefecture. That's why I associate it with old folks. Back in ye olde tymes, it was the middle of the road choice, back when middle of the road choices weren't provocatively equivocal

>What is a better beef roast then?
Well, it's a roast. Kinda by default it's for your "feed a line of people from a trough" experiences, nothing I'd turn up my nose at, but if you're really going for something "nice" you're probably not going for prime rib, a side of mash, and a grasshopper. That's basically retro-kitsch levels of fine dining right there, the sort of thing Michael Stillman might try to turn into a concept restaurant

>I did not invent the nomenclature.
No, but you promoted a disingenuous explanation, the typical butchers explanation, by playing up an intentional ambiguity that trickled into retail nomenclature because it serves a useful purpose, while ignoring the fact that "standing rib roast" tells the same story without tricking people into thinking it's USDA prime beef

those are all umami boosters. you just need a little and it won't change the flavor.

Okay I get it but you seem super jacked up and entirely opinion based. Did a prime rib fuck your mother or something?

>unami boosters
I.... if you can cook you don't need that in the first place... Sure if you want more salty savory but you just said 'it wont change the flavor' why don't you just put ketchup on it if you want the umami sensation you sicko.

Nah I'm just looking to stir up shit while pretending I'm not trying to stir up shit.

As you can see from this highly scientific graph, I'm right and ur wrong. Neener neener neener!

I see the image, can I get a source? the only y even on the graph is way out there to the left. It's completely irrational.

You need a jstor login to see it. Sorry, but my source data is only for smart STEM majors like me. It will probably be on the cover of Popular Science next year though, so plebs will be allowed to discuss it, but we're still finishing up our analysis.

Ah I understand. My uncle had a major STEMI but with a bit of cardio his heart is much better and he's more active now too!

What cuts are your favorites as a butcher?

Just throw in a slab of butter with your steak

Definitely a toss up between hangers(pic related) and tenderloin... I am a big fan of the strip too though. I really want to like flatirons but they always come with this large vein of fat in them that its completely unavoidable.
Seriously though hangers.

Which one do I get?
3. I think it's called eye of round
4. is tenderloin
5. is jewish fillet/terrace major?
6. is NY strip

>make less than a guy who can barely even speak English
shameful

You're an idiot

>jewish fillet
What the fuck?...
>google
>google again
Oh it's a petite shoulder steak. Very lean depends on how it's made.
>babytop
What in the FUCK? A top sirloin steak? Pretty good marbling so will be tender.

Honestly i'd go with the 'jewish steak' if it's roasted or slow cooked; strip if it's grilled, or ribeye/topsirloin if it's pan cooked.

Babytop lmao I don't think I've ever heard that one.

babytop is I think top round steak

God I hope not. Go for the top sirloin, but top round is more of a roast and then sliced thin for... like sandwich steaks; or the thickest tacos you've ever seen.

POO

Lard comes from pigs. OP is offering suet.

>$9 lb of beef
Sad.

>making the meat taste like salt and pepper
fagt

You can get a whole a5 kobe ribeye roast imported from japan from costco for $999 until 12/24 just fyi
costco.com/Japanese-Wagyu-Boneless-Ribeye-Roast,-12-lbs.product.100311435.html
Really good deal if your not a moneylet

I thought it was niggerly to waste money on sneakers and gold fillings, but this is a whole new level. Not even niggers are dumb enough to spend 1000 dollars on beef.

Anyone whose mind turns to "muh niggers" on random topics like fucking beef prices is guaranteed poor white trash. And your defense of course will be to call me a nigger, because surely you'd be a winner if not for the niggers, right?

Was it supposed to look like a butt? Was that the purpose of the thread?

>Would you?

I have.

>implying blue box kraft isnt GOAT mac n cheese

whatafaggit

nigger

nigger

Is the thumbnail supposed to look like some chick with a really fat ass?

suet is kidney fat. OP is simply offering a well marbled steak, i.e. tallow

Love me some ‘be gyu.

why is it that every euro on Veeky Forums is a fucking idiot?

Hell yes I would.

Why not just get a bulk jug of lard?

How old was that cow?