What is the best book of the Bible?

What is the best book of the Bible?

I fucking hate english speakers of this board, fuck...

Me too.
It's just a pretext though, I hate everybody.

I'm partial to Job.

I just hate the way they are so arrogant about other countries' literature, especially french literature (saying it's shit and saying that X writer is mediocre) while they practically deify the english classics. Before posting on this board I always found Joyce to be a great author, but people treat him here like some kind of god when there are a lot other better writers out there.

like who

Don't forget that they read translations and give their "insights" about the works.

Like this motherfucker right here who said Victor Hugo is a mediocre writer but couldn't even provide an answer when asked why he thought that:

Revelations

This is why I prefer just reading English authors only, generally.

I know with translatioss, unless closely audited by the author, will always be missing something important.

No, like who is better than Joyce

job and ecclesiastes
also what the fuck is everyone talking about in this thread?

He shouldn't even be mentioned on here to be honest.
>see nutjob neighbor
>she starts talking about him
Good indication on the level of this board.

Hugo was a hack

t. translation cuck

Revelation and Ecclesiastes

Ezekiel

All french writers that are not Balzac, Perec or Celine are shit, tho

>All those autistic descriptions of the new Temple
Great beginning, shitty ending

Kings and Chronicles. Interesting to look at the differences created from the books being written in different historical and cultural conditions

The differences are what make Chronicles interesting. But reading through it, I found it less engaging than Kings. In terms of history, 1 Maccabees is the bomb, lots of political intriguige and military tactics.

Tolstoy and Proust would be the most immediately obvious
Take away his wordplay and allusion and Joyce isn't left with anything that Woolf, Faulkner, Conrad, or Melville didn't do better.

>psalms
>150 chapters
Whew

Real niggas read the entire Torah as one book

I don't know what the Torah has to do with the Psalms but okay.

Book of Revelation

It's really hard to pick a favorite because there's something to love about all of them. I've really liked Song of Solomon lately though, and it's a shame that it rarely gets mentioned here.

Probably Job

Ruth is the only correct choice

Genesis is an easy choice but barring that I thought Daniel was the most entertaining. It might just be because it's the only interesting book in the middle of a bunch of repetitive prophet books that I hard to force myself to get through.