Is there a more ethical way to kill lobster besides boiling it alive? It really is a poor practice if you ask me

Is there a more ethical way to kill lobster besides boiling it alive? It really is a poor practice if you ask me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjHREPceKwI
youtube.com/user/TheScottReaproject
youtu.be/Omrkz6WTGNI
logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/53/Begging-the-Question
radiomuseum.org/images/tubeenvdiag_klein/kl4.png
youtube.com/watch?v=hIUJWIT9GrU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Freeze it, then boil.

Its suffering is what makes it delicious. That and the butter.

Lobsters have nervous systems similar to insects and don't experience pain in the same sense that you might try and imagine if you tried to imagine lobsters were like some sort of pet.

If you really fancy yourself some sort of ethicist, consider all those tortured CAFO animals whose suffering goes on where you can't see it because of ag-gag laws. Sorry you're too much of a cheap fuck to go to the farmers market and buy ethically raised meat, but guess what, it's a sea bug, just because you can see it die doesn't mean its life is worth more than your burger made of mixed up remains from 11 different cows who died in agony after a life spent in darkness and submerged up to their knees in fecal runoff.

Or, not. I mean hey, meat comes from the store, right?

t. your resident heartless "oriental"

youtube.com/watch?v=CjHREPceKwI

>/thread

Stab them in the head with a sharp knoife moments before boiling.

Suffering having any effect on flavor is the oldest food meme.

>Suffering having any effect on flavor is the oldest food meme.
It's a fact that stress hormones make meat taste worse.

As a hunter of meat I can assure you that animals that are killed quickly are more tender and better flavored than those that suffered for a while before death and had to be tracked down. It's probably some chemical released to the muscles or something, idk, but it's real.

So stand them on their head and hypnotize them, they go gently into that sweet night easily.

I was just joking.

Is a claw machine ethical?

OP, simply place them in a pot of room temp water and crank up the heat. This kinda fucks with cooking times but it's ethical and you can pretty much cook them by color anyway.

It's the same with frogs. Drop a frog into boiling water and they'll jump out; drop them into regular water and apply heat and they'll slip quietly into the night.

probably not but she got mad claw skills

just put them in a blender
if you cram on the lid nice and tight they can't feel a thing due to he air pressure being divulged

Claw games are easy when they aren't rigged.

in the beef industry it's called a "dark cutter"
it has something to do with glucose depletion under stress before slaughter

hey Veeky Forums I have an idea everybody read 'Consider the Lobster,' and we can have a discussion when I get back from work

>claw games filled with $1 toys are rigged
>claw games filled with fucking lobsters aren't rigged

what does this mean

That's probably why halal meat always looks and smells so grim.

You have to pay for the lobster.

Feed them a high carbohydrate diet, restrict their movement and get them to smoke two packs a day. They'll die soon enough.

Halal meat is a byproduct of nomadic lifestyles. Where you'd kill a cow, you'd have to cure and keep the meat or else itd spoil. By causing mass suffering to an animal, the adrenaline actually acts as a means of pasturizing meat due to its antimicrobial properties. This is why sand niggers rape their livestock. The longer they suffer, the longer the meat keeps.

Is this a european thing? In america halal meat is way better than grocery store meat, so much better that even yuppie boutique butchers often carry stuff from the local halal slaughterhouse. But halal meat operations here are small, I wonder if it gets bad when you try to scale it up to industrial-scale meat processing facilities.

I wanna go vegan now, poor fucking things

Protip lobsters are so fucking dumb they don't feel pain. The Sound you hear when boiling them is their inner body and outer shell changing in pressure and breaking its seal.

Stop being biscuits and for gods sake dont freeze them. Throwing them into boiling water is going to be the most humane way as it will kill them within 3-5 seconds instead of them freezing for 2 hours.

It's a three-point claw with a loose grasp, so it's supposed to be rigged by the lobster himself.

If the little dude didn't want to die, he could easily have escaped.

Pretty sure they're half asleep, what with that darklamp

dirty lying terrorist muslim scum. fuck off back to your sandtraps.

Don't be fucking stupid. The experience of pain is necessarily unpleasant to an organism regardless of the sophistication of that organism. In the sense that pain is a primal stimuli to impel the organism AWAY from the source of pain, pain must necessarily be something undesirable and unenjoyable.

This can easily be observed with lobsters. You can subject them to pain like heat or pressure and they will actively try to get away from the source. And you know why that is? BECAUSE PAIN FUCKING HURTS

>appealing to emotion rather than presenting any real argument

Vegans pls go and stay go.

I don't know if everyone in the thread is pretending to be retarded (including OP), but in case you're not, you're not supposed to boil lobsters while they're still alive. They'll knock over the pot.
You stick a knife into the head and sever down the middle, snibs the snab instantly. THEN you boil it.

>I'm too stupid to read

>i'm too stupid to reason

the dude presented a pretty solid argument

my buddy kept a lobster as a pet and those mother fuckers definitely feel pain

>unpleasant
>unenjoyable
Those are subjective descriptions based on what it's like to be a human. It's reasonable to assume that monkeys and cats don't enjoy having their limbs cut off because they're pretty similar to humans. A lobster doesn't even have lungs. Suppose those gills are kidna like lungs though. You think nothing of taking a lobster out of a tank and keeping it in a plastic bag on the way home from the store. So it's slowly "drowning" for like an hour, right? I mean, it's all analogies, right? So why would dropping a lobster in boiling water suddenly be a terrible experience compared to that? You make this elaborate ritual of driving a knife through its bug brain to spare it the agony of being killed in a few seconds, does that even make sense?

Why can't people just accept that the lobster execution rituals are basically just a weird cultural ritual we do to make ourselves seem noble and enlightened?

Lobster guillotine
Lobster hanging
Shoot it
???

>the dude presented a pretty solid argument

The dude did no such thing.

I trap lobsters in the summer.
Theyll eat each other, anything else in reach. Eve their own detatched limbs. No ethical problem boiling those seabugs.
pic is my working dock.

Dress lobster in blackface.
Place toy gun in claw.
Police will do the rest.

>toy gun
A wallet will do the trick, Reverend. We'll just say "we were in hot pursuit of the suspect and I was in reasonable fear of my partner's life"

>they’ll jump out
Oh my god i need to see this

post your working cock

You can subject a rock to pressure and it will try to get away from the source.

This is like an Isis video.

Serves them right for being so tasty. Not my fault they decided to be do delicious.

Sure if you're fine with food poisoning

First one is Scott Rea. He's well worth checking out.
youtube.com/user/TheScottReaproject

Butcher first and a cook second. Definitely some real respect and love for the animals he works on.

I was watching the Japanese Iron Chef lobster challenge when the challenger fucked up cutting one of the lobsters in half. It made me really sad and I couldn't watch it anymore. I don't eat meat very often already but I couldn't eat it for months after that. I just hope we get cultured/lab-grown meat in stores soon so we can stop killing animals for food. Even though it's natural and we've been doing it for a really long time, it doesn't mean we can't try to change it.

Wtf I hate eating now

>It made me really sad and I couldn't watch it anymore.
That's really the only reason these dumb rituals exist. People who think meat comes from the store would have a meltdown when they suddenly were faced with the fact that we kill and eat stuff. So to make sure these people wouldn't have to think too hard about how life works, they were told "just poke its cute widdle head with ur widdle knifey and it will be grateful for you and go live with a nice farm family" and wa la, problem solved.

That's weird I didn't think you could post here from china

Nobody with tattoos like that should be allowed near a sharp object.

I would eat you if it was legal

It's pretty instantaneous, it may look graphic but as soon as the knife goes in that thing is dead
Plus it doesn't have complex nervous systems like humans do, not that it matters that's just a fact

>I cannot differentiate between the importance of human lives vs animal lives
..... What the fuck?

That wasn't a rock, it was a rock lobster

my father is the evidence that this isn't true

That's a really fucking stupid analogy, a rock doesn't have a nervous system for starters

Can you please explain to me how you think pain works in a lobster then. Can we agree that the sensation of pain is primarily a function that serves to preserve the life of the lobster by encouraging it to get away from things that could destroy its body?

Can you explain how an organism would be impelled away from something through a physical sensation, if that sensation was not unpleasant? How could pain possibly serve any purpose unless it was unpleasant to experience?

You necessarily have to conclude that given the natural function of pain it MUST be unpleasant to experience, or else it wouldn't serve its primary function.

youtu.be/Omrkz6WTGNI

Just get one of these Crustastun.

>Can we agree that the sensation of pain is primarily a function that serves to preserve the life of the lobster by encouraging it to get away from things that could destroy its body?

logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/53/Begging-the-Question

We don't agree that lobsters experience pain, or that things are "unpleasant" or "pleasant" for lobsters, any more than we agree that lobsters appreciate Mozart, or experience social anxiety.

Many things that organisms do have a "function" that tends to preserve the life of that organism.

look up lobster crush videos on motherless. Shit's fucked up man. Lobster getting stepped on and flailing around on the floor

thats a waste of good lobster

you use these words "sensation", "unpleasant" and "experience" that I would not attribute to the organism. We shouldn't assume things that don't have a brain but have a bundle of little nerves "experiences" anything more than a bacteria does. Did you know bacteria will move away from chemicals/heat? Less advanced organisms also display similar reactions. Plants move towards light, is this them experiencing pleasure and moving towards it?

The experiment I believe you are referring to was done with frogs that had had their brains removed; without the brains the brainstems alone were able to detect a sudden change in temperature but not a gradual one. I've never tried but I'm pretty sure frogs will freak out if you try to slow-boil them, just like most other animals.

>eating lobster

youre fucking disgusting

enjoy your ocean roach faggot

>people keep hyping lobster
>never was a huge fan of crustaceans so never bothered getting any
>also it's expensive
>taste some not long ago
>it's fucking bland

The lobster meme is just some marketing campaign that happened to be successful isn't it

The claw has become the clawed

It legitimately doesn't taste shit

its more expensive because its at the bottom of the ocean. they have to go down all the way to get some

I put one valium in warm water, let it dissolves a bit, then add the lobster and slowly turn the heat up so by the time its boiling the lobster is already zonked out and cant feel pain

You just had low grade lobster, you need to get a hardshell lobster. If, then, after you’ve tried it, you still think it tastes like nothing, your tastebuds are fucked. Maybe try not salting the ever living crab out of everything you eat, and also stop smoking.

He dindu nuffin. The lobster is a good boy.

M-muh strawman!

>dumb whores ITT talking about 'muh ethical feelings'
People like you should be put into a cave of lions and see what your ethical ideologies can save your life dipshits

Not an argument retard

This. Knife sown and forward, severs nerves, instant death. Any further movement is spasmodic.

Pain is subjective, and relative to each person, even talk about animals.
Each animals also have different range of perceptions and nervous systems.your systemic perception of 'pain' in animals are subjective at all, thus, nullified the argument.
>pain is what propels life
Not at all. Perhaps hunger is. But both is not perceivable. As hunger is a 'feeling' that can be tolerated, 'pain' is the same.

Don't even fucking comment if you aren't a lobster, because otherwise you won't know.

iojamk a,lob stewer
'ji dop n ot mferewlp npoainj

>likening the observation of butchery of lobsters to the observation of butchery of humans is now suddenly a lapse in priority of the value of lives
he's literally just saying it's brutal you vapid cunt

>having an ethics discussion makes you a pussy
contrary to what you present, you have a brain
you might as well have some fun with it

Anyone else getting really hungry right now?

radiomuseum.org/images/tubeenvdiag_klein/kl4.png

>cave of lions
do lions normally have caves?

also your statement is kind of stupid, "aggressive animals will kill you so don't talk about anything!"? put a bunch of people into a "cave of lions" with a bunch of high-tech weapons and armor and then we can talk about ethics?

Just shoot the stupid creature with a .22lr
I swear liberals are such pussies.

The nature of hunger is fundamentally different from pain. Hunger impels a creature outward with a slowly increasing onset of discomfort. Pain impels a creature to flight through an instant and powerfully unpleasant sensation of intolerable discomfort.

Pain is necessarily something a creature would aim to avoid.

The frog experiment is bunk. People always forget to mention that the frogs had had their BRAINS cut out prior to boiling, which totally fucking ruins the trivia fact and as such no one knows it.
If you put a brained frog in water and boil it, then it will jump out of the pot.

Don't forget to cool and drink the water afterwards.

>Its suffering is what makes it delicious

And ping pong ting tong to you too, mr. Chang

The electric chair

Humans invented this thing called farming, have you heard of it?

>not getting your lobster loaded on strong joints and morphine before killing them
fucking monster

There is actually a crab electrifier if that suits your fancy. Forget what it's called though

>a crab electrifier
Ali Express got u covered, laowai
youtube.com/watch?v=hIUJWIT9GrU

>vapid cunt
There's a single person on Veeky Forums who uses this phrase and every time I see it, it's expressing a childish, neckbeardy, "why is everyone stupid except me" opinion. I don't even have to read back through the chain to know you're probably the same tard who was saying "bugs feel pleasure and pain because like, DUH, of course they do"

>The experience of pain is necessarily unpleasant to an organism regardless of the sophistication of that organism
so a computer that's programmed to remove an appendage when it registers heat is suffering from a burn just as you are? sophistication is EVERYTHING when defining pain. kill yourself. and don't give me shit about simple organisms learning, learning doesn't imply some greater complexity either

delete this

>2:43
Now that's a big lobster