Italian Veeky Forums

oi italian friends, what are some good but easy italian books? preferably books that are italian classics, even children's classics, I don't really care, just figured since I will try and read a italian book, might as well see some of culture too

and how hard is pinocchio? its the first book that came to mind

>other books I have in mind, for later on: umberto eco, ludovico ariosto and dante

any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html#aristo
sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html#demo
sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html#chaos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Il visconte dimezzato,
Il barone rampante,
Il cavaliere inesistente,
by Italo Calvino

>how hard is pinocchio?
Here's the incipit:

C'era una volta...
– Un re! – diranno subito i miei piccoli lettori. No, ragazzi, avete sbagliato. C'era una volta un pezzo di legno.

Non era un legno di lusso, ma un semplice pezzo da catasta, di quelli che d'inverno si mettono nelle stufe e nei caminetti per accendere il fuoco e per riscaldare le stanze.

marcovaldo

>and how hard is pinocchio? its the first book that came to mind
i think kids tales are usually written in a kind of archaic language so kids can learn weird verbs and stuff that you don't really find in normal speech.

so probably young adult novel shit would be easier

Read The Decameron and Dante

mama mia! provolone pasta fazoul! mozarella di tutti romano!

GABAGOOL!

Il Cavaliere Inesistente is a true masterpiece, and is written in gorgeous prose

You could also try something by Buzzati, his style isn't very hard. I suggest you to start with "Sessanta Racconti"

user, Pinocchio was published in 1881. When it was published it wasn't archaic at all

Don't be a faggot and man up:
me and at least one other user discovered we both taught ourselves to read Italian by reading obscure astrological books in that language...
Pick a topic you really want to know about, find out who's the best writer or what's the best book on the subject and go and read that.

well what I really want to know is literature, so its basically dante, ludovico ariosto, eco and calvino...so far at least

Eco and Calvino write in contemporary Italian, the other two do not.

sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html#aristo
sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html#demo
sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html#chaos

I suggest you start from the more recent works

good. Throw in Carducci, Guinizelli and Cavalcanti for good measure too.

Calvino always wrote in a very light and transparent style. Good for beginners.

>young adult novel shit would be easier

la mia professoressa ha fatto noi leggere 'tre metri sopra il cielo' e era abbastanza bene

mi manca italia...

>'tre metri sopra il cielo'
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no hai una ragazza mai?

"I fondamenti dell'astrologia medica" by Ciro Discepolo was an easy read, not classic, though (2005). But fun nonetheless. The author is somewhat of a conspiracy teorist; first he's talking about aries people having more car accidents than other signs, and next a cancer apocalypse is upon us thanks to monsanto.

He also spends a chapter on Luigi Pirandello's bio

Haha, nice to see you again, astrological user/
The author I mentioned before, Fulvio Mocco, lards his books with quotations from Metastasio, and curiously enough I found a half dozen early editions (yes, late 1700s) of Metastasio's works soon after in a bookshop sale, they were going to throw them out so I rescued them...

user... tre metri sopra il cielo is a shitty book by a shitty author that became a shitty film loved by 14 y/o girls

Does anybody know a good place to find Italian audiobooks? I'm not taking a class and I'm not too confident in my ability to get the pronounciation perfectly right on my own.

Hahaha, didn't read the first post. Actually i had another source wich was simply rewatching cartoons on italian. A lot easier to pick up words when you have visual cues

get the fuck outta here, fucking cunt, why the fuck you took the time to post this fucking nonsense?

Porca troia, che cazzo, rompicoglione!

>lui non piace vedere nella mente di giovane ragazze

thanks guys, got some good stuff from this thread, appreciate it.

Emilio Salgari maybe?

Stop speaking, that's not italian.

Anonimo, Tre Metri Sopra il Cielo è merda che caga merda, come tutti i libri di Federico Moccia. È forse la merda peggiore della produzione letteraria italiana.
user, Tre Metri Sopra il Cielo is shit shitting more shit, like evreything else written by this Federico Moccia guy. It's most probably the worst piece of shit of all the Italian literary production