Be honest: If this guy ever started a cult, would you join?

I know I would.

Other urls found in this thread:

jordanbpeterson.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he has and you did

>If

source?

I would gladly join a cult but don't like dogma
What do?

Glorified self-help guru

you're in luck. the cult of JP is easy-going and new wave. you'll fit right in, bucko

I thought he already did

He's literally freemason-lite

None of you are making coherent statements.

Pic related. It's molyneux.

I want to join Alain du Bottons cult so I can assrape him.

I would. What would it be called?

the retard institution

>Jordan Reddit Peterson

Lmao

Cringe, why do believers lack of selfawareness.
>tfw you came to early for atheism to be the norm

The Assorted Sorted

The Yung Jungians

The Bickering Buckos

The Collectively Unconscious

Did someone answer 'you need to prophesize shit to be a prophet'?

can you please blur my username?

he insulted mgtow like a coward so no i wouldn't

That made me like him even more.

explain yourself

He is basically teaching freemasonry to the masses.

Christianity

I imagine it'd be less of a cult and more of a side project in the woods before pic related runs back to his comfy job as a professor. Kinda like that thing Campbell and Bly did.

maybe he's most fit to do just do what he's doing now ok

Do we have to clean our rooms to join? If so, no.

>if

>Dr. Jordan B Peterson has been a dishwasher, gas jockey, bartender, short-order cook, beekeeper, oil derrick bit re-tipper, plywood mill labourer and railway line worker. He’s taught mythology to lawyers, doctors and businessmen, consulted for the UN Secretary General’s High Level Panel on Sustainable Development, helped his clinical clients manage depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety, and schizophrenia, served as an advisor to senior partners of major Canadian law firms, identified thousands of promising entrepreneurs on six different continents, and lectured extensively in North America and Europe.

>He has flown a hammer-head roll in a carbon-fiber stunt plane, piloted a mahogany racing sailboat around Alcatraz Island, explored an Arizona meteorite crater with a group of astronauts, built a Native American Long-House on the upper floor of his Toronto home, and been inducted into the coastal Pacific Kwakwaka’wakw tribe.

>With his students and colleagues, Dr. Peterson has published more than a hundred scientific papers, transforming the modern understanding of personality, and revolutionized the psychology of religion with his now-classic book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief. As a Harvard professor, he was nominated for the prestigious Levinson Teaching Prize, and is regarded by his current University of Toronto students as one of three truly life-changing teachers.

>He’s a Quora Most Viewed Writer in Values and Principles and Parenting and Education with 125,000 Twitter followers and 35,000 Facebook likes. His YouTube channel has over 200 videos, 275,000 subscribers, and 12,000,000 views and his classroom lectures on mythology were turned into a popular 13-part TV series on TVO. Dr. Peterson’s online self-help program, the Self Authoring Suite, featured in O: The Oprah Magazine, CBC radio, and NPR’s national website, has helped over 150,000 people resolve the problems of their past and radically improve their future.
jordanbpeterson.com/

>Jordan R. Politically Incorrect

what this guy said DESU

He is succesful but should cut down on all those sentence-bits like:
>radically improve
>transforming the modern understanding of personality
>revolutionized the psychology of religion
>truly life-changing
Etc.

He is not successful, he is a despairing depressed man on SSRI's and has to meme so hard to pretend life is worth living that he has to redefine 'truth' to 'ideas that help me cope with life' in order to not die of cognitive dissonance.

Pic related is his brand of pragmatism.

By his standards half the shitposters on /pol/ are prophets.

Sounds like psychological projection to me m8.

defend daddy!

>stop making money, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I love this man and I haven't given him a single cent.

Do you make the same psychoanalytic arguments about yourself?

E.g all your opinions are just there to defend your mind against death anxiety and nihilism?

If so, why haven't you killed yourself yet?

>believing in religion because it's practical (even though a bit hokey)

This guy is worse than an atheist

>pretend life is worth living

And yet here you are still alive.
The only difference between Peterson and yourself is that Peterson like a mature adult developed a coherent structure by which to live his life while you desperately seek to refute all meaning because actually engaging in life would threaten your ability to believe in your own magical omnipotence.

By my standards he is, and I think your argument is weak as it boils down to ad-hominem
And I say that as someone who doesn't particulary like the guy

I'm not projecting him admitting he is on antidepressants, user. The definition of truth he uses is also self-admitted.

Pretend from his point of view. He defines life's defining quality to be suffering. From his point of view, life is terrible and we need all kinds of tools to endure.

I think it should be faced head on without resorting to dishonest meme structures as coping mechanisms, something he can not do.

I think the honest conclusion from someone of his temperament would be to admit that he finds life not worth living. He has all the makings of an antinatalist except acceptance. Probably because he procreated before he really starting thinking about these things.

His project is one of justification, not one of honest exploration.

>He defines life's defining quality to be suffering. From his point of view, life is terrible and we need all kinds of tools to endure.

I mean, of course. That's self-evident to everyone.

This is better argued, thanks for that

If that is your position then it's unethical to force life upon others.

First of all you're supposed that I'm operating in an ethical framework which may or may not be true. Secondly your critique isn't even accurate since we do in fact have the tools that we need and also because suffering isn't a perfectly negative experience.

>suffering isn't a perfectly negative experience
This is what I feel most antinatalists fail to understand, they see suffering as a wholesale evil, rather than an obstacle to be overcome in order to become stronger, more complete human beings. Not the guy you're replying to btw.

No. I'm sick of this guy just from seeing threads on Veeky Forums.

>rather than an obstacle to be overcome in order to become stronger, more complete human beings

not everyone wants to larp in whatever flavor of abrahamism or the dharma you're toting m8

I'm not religious, it's a pretty common sentiment among lots of people.

The only valuable aspect of becoming stronger is to be able to bear more suffering.

Basically saying getting beat up is good because it will prepare you for beatings to come, which will prepare you for more beatings until you get beat to death.

one of your responses will inevitably be someone justifying getting beat up til death

Absolutely. As long as I get to be part of that esoteric Christianity.

Peterson is a worldly memester, he just exploits Christianity as metaphor for his Jungian shtick.

That's only half of the story. A strong person can bear more suffering but they are also more capable of acting in the world. It's reductionist to say that being in the world is all and only suffering it's transparently untrue. There's suffering and there's also beauty and the strong person is more capable of both finding and creating that beauty.

Your thought taken to its logical conclusion is "unless I am God and omnipotent and immortal then life is not worth living" which is absurd since actually it's the exact opposite that is true. It's because life ends that it is meaningful.

How disappointing. I guess my search for esoteric Christian authors and philosophers will continue.

Godspeed, user.

Rmember to listen to plenty David Tibet in the meanwhile.

I'd start my own

Strong really is a physical characteristic though, it does not make that much sense as a mental one.
Say you figuratively drove nails through your nipples in the pursuit of a goal, you'd do that because of your profound feeling of weakness at the prospect of the goal not being fulfilled? Being "weak" to things, having them sway you, your actions is a pretty important aspect of any kind of personality at all. Having no "mental weakness" is the same as being a psychopath or a schizoid if you're fake.
When you think about it, the worst possible consequence of a nervous disease for you would be suicide, but at the same time, killing yourself, or needlessly endangering your life is what has been asked of "hard men" in all ages. In Norse mythology the chief god of war, the patron of rulers is also the god of death and madness.

This is so incoherent that it reads like badly applied ideology you derived from some book you read.
All I'll say in closing is that strength as a mental or spiritual characteristic is something with which people are well familiar and there's nothing about it that precludes the possibility of incorporating feedback. It's not psychopathic to be spiritually strong anymore than it is a disease to be able to exert physical force.