The Problem with the Alt-Right

youtu.be/pvJqQmHxO9k

Thoughts on this pesud's navel gazing about identity and the alt right's identitarianism?

I must say despite how he has too much filler here + plus half of the video is other pseuds talking for him, he makes admirable, intellectually honest points diagnosing the problems with the alt-meme identity

>inb4: faggot pseud trying to be smart
Yeah, I know he is

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodyshovel.wordpress.com/2017/07/25/whats-killing-the-west/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you could at least try to make this Veeky Forums related.

people usually end irrelevant threads with "anyone got any books for these feels" etc

>21 minutes
post a few bullet points OP and we can discuss them, i'm not going through that

>science
>meditation
>rationality
>le identity is an illusion

ahh yes the quintessential numale

>The Problem with the Alt-Right
They are the alt-right. Done. Like the flat earth society, it's the type of movements, you know right away that they aren't worth further inspection. Unless you're a journalist having a creative crisis and needing clickbait of course.

This is the type of arrogance that ensures that people will adhere to the alt-right movement.

First 5 minutes of the video was really the litany of a dying world, and if you ask me it sounds like propaganda to create a post-human world were technicity is valued over humanism.

Makes this Veeky Forums related or this thread is better of deleted

"Why people fall for shit like that" would be a somewhat interesting topic at least. Although the excuse that "You think my choice is too stupid to consider, hence I am going with it" is pretty silly logic, too silly even for the average alt-right brainlet.

That's not the logic behind, the logic is one of simple exclusion and disregard, which the social elite perpetrates by considering anyone who isn't a liberal consumerist a 'racist' or whatever.

the alt-right is really small. there's a lot of people turning conservative or right wing but that's ok and a necessary correction

it's just some people take the crazies and paint the whole of the right with the same brush, but if you actually check followers and subscriptions and stuff like that guys like richard spencer are really small compared with other young, sane, right-wing people

wtf I was correct

Fair enough.

Alt-right literally isn't a thing. It's just regular old reactionary white nationalists shitposting on the internet. There's literally nothing new about them.

People should stop using the world alt-right.

Someone else can do this better than me but essentially he argues these main points:

-The Alt-Right is indentarian and collectivist in nature
-Therefor they rely heavily, if not, inordinately on the identity, specifically western identity
-The problem with this stream of thinking, as with all Identitarian movements, is that it is the rejection of reality
-Quoting from Sam Harris and further neuroscience studies MB argues the self/identity is an illusion and only a projection of our consciousness as opposed to a true, objective, real world artifact
-there is a segment in the vid around 9mins long which presents the setting of relaxing in the middle of a lake, with the usual, constant distractions from your mind, getting caught up in ideas of what's going and anxieties, essentially the type of meandering of the mind present in Sarte's Nausea
-The video argues the identity is a mere reactionary perspective of these thoughts, still rejecting our true objective experience
-The video still emphasizes the importance of sustaining a nation's border and sovereignty, only rejects the doctrine of a movement based on entirely subjective conceptions of reality
-The video argues for true individual findings through admission and acceptance of oneself as part of the objective, natural world, branching this conclusion from Buddhist philosophy

well, there's too much people interested in pretending that the alt-right is really "a thing"

- the media and liberal establishment gets to use it to scare white middle class women and get more clicks

- the actual racists get to pretend that they are bigger than they are by counting latino trump supporters as if they were in the same group as them.

>simple exclusion and disregard
Are obvious consequences from holding idiotic opinions, especially if these opinions are aggressive towards big groups of people. Is pretty logical. If you got a dude telling you that eating shit is good for your health, you and general society will try to avoid them. If the dude opens up a group supporting that view, people from this group will have the same fate. Now guys like alt-right or Westboro Baptist Church or Islamic extremists take the idiotic opinions thing bit further, so it's given that the rest of society doesn't want to deal with such people.

What would you even propose? It's not like society denies them means for education and there are enough support groups for people who want to leave these movements.

>social elite perpetrates by considering anyone who isn't a liberal consumerist a 'racist' or whatever.
Only in your fantasies.

It's something from nothing thanks to Clinton. Ever since she made a speech about the "alt-right" a lot of articles linked to

Thanks for proving my point.

>self/identity is an illusion and only a projection of our consciousness as opposed to a true, objective, real world artifact
Going from the materialist perspective (where the video's author most probably stands), the "illusion" of the self/identity is a result of a very objective neurophysiological processes occurring in one's brain. Anyway, this shit is not even necessary to construct an identity, since you can always view other people as objective, separate, real world artefacts, and furthermore you can note that some of them are more like each other than another. I swear, this "all people are equal" and "there's no races" is bordering 1984-tier slogans nowadays

Your point is hardly one. Blaming society for excluding dumb people when it also offers them means to become less dumb makes no sense.

well, i expected something different, sounds like standard "morality is scientific and objective" new atheist kind of stuff, with a bit of buddhist no-ego for flavor

i'm not going to get into the "scientific morality" stuff because that rabbit hole is too boring and quintessential internet discussion that goes nowhere.

but the no-ego attack to identity politics seems kind of strange to me, usually the standard attack to identity politics is individualism, but if you take that no-ego position you not only dissolve your identity but also your individuality, so not sure how he grounds his position after that?

also on another note i never liked the identity politics vs individualism thing, i don't think group identity is a bad thing, but modern identity politics is totally against their own goals, by turning white males into the only group that has responsibility and guilt they effectively are saying that white males are the only true universal subjects, while all other people are just part of groups that can never be true agents and are just blobs without any agency.

The point is, if you just say that everyone who don't agree with you are dumb, and should agree with you to become less dumb, it's not going to make the people who don't agree with you want to understand your position.

I'll just let you spill your resentment on your own, by all means continue.

>youtube is a book
why would i try to explain my thoughts on anything to someone who thinks that internet short films are literature? you're the kind of retarded i can't even call a faggot, OP, because you're so fucking retarded your consent shouldn't be legally valid.

This, for the record there's also less than five thousand clans men left. Mostly old guard.

Yeah he's pretty much just nuts.

Richards just believes that an ethnostate made up of middle class white people who focused on raising a community would be a great place to live.

Thats quite a strawman. The altright isnt "identitarian" or "collectivist". Its about not wanting the world to turn into a muslim nigger hellhole, which is a very objective that has no bearing on the mysteries of consciousnesess.

>hey man, the self is an illusion, so dont worry if we destroy you and replace you with muslim niggers

Identity seems like an illusion because you're scarcely aware of it yourself. Identity is ingrained in all you do, think and feel. This Mouthy Buddha is just conjuring another illusion, the illusion of nihility, to soothe his requirement of "enlightenment".

>being a discussion cuck

>Richards just believes that an ethnostate made up of middle class white people who focused on raising a community would be a great place to live.
that already exists, he just wants to live in a gated community basically

There used to be whole nations like this

>if you just say that everyone who don't agree with you are dumb
Where? How? It's not about disagreement or agreement at all. Some views are simply stupid by most definitions and understanding and people who adhere to these views don't care about other positions in the first place. You can throw as much evidence as you like and discuss it for as long as you want, someone believing the earth is 6000 years old or that it's flat, doesn't give a shit about alternative views or factual support, otherwise the person would never hold the view in the first place.

>middle class
he's pretty much nazbol and an admirer of north korea though

> Richards just believes that an ethnostate made up of middle class white people who focused on raising a community would be a great place to live.
Ignoring the middle class part, which is neither here nor there, of course it would be a great place to live. White people create nice societies, that's why everyone else wants to live in them.

Do NOT reply to the reddit shill.

>dat optimism

i have this theory where western countries are importing millions of immigrants to make the citizens hate brown people again and then be able to do colonialism 2.0 for all those juicy natural resources waiting there without any public backlash

or that they are trying to break social cohesion to be able to instate an orwellian state afterwards with ease, because the population will all be scared of each other instead of think about keeping the government in check

not sure which one it is yet

anyway this is for europe. in the US mexicans after a few years are basically just like white dudes with 0 white guilt and a kind of traditionalist/conservative outlook in life, so minorities are up for a nasty awakening once mexicans are the majority and white guilt runs out.

This video isn't alt right at all. The guy is doing the usual whining about identity politics, not realizing that all politics are identity politics because political organization from top to bottom is a reflection of the people organizing it, which becomes a real mess when you have a bunch of different groups fighting over the spoils of one group -- whites.

>or that they are trying to break social cohesion to be able to instate an orwellian state afterwards with ease
You mean like in Murica?

don't worry, Veeky Forums is a traditionalist board (kind of catholic but not that much anymore), they will be converted
>I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!

>in the US mexicans after a few years are basically just like white dudes
You have a very limited understanding of how race works, dude. You need to get up to speed on the jewish question as well. That is the "they" here. Whites aren't doing this to themselves.

Nice falseflagging /pol/fag

This is also an 18+ board, user.

>I wonder why communism isn't effective
>maybe because communists spend all there time sincerely shilling an insincere anonymous forum where 15 year olds come to jerk off and be edgy?
lmao

i have hope for america, once mexicans recognize they are republicans identity politics will crumble.

This doesnt make any sense because the same people who pushed anticolonialism are also the people who pushed the social changes in marriage, schooling, etc. that led to our atmoized orwellian dystopia, the same people who are pushing the open borders shit

Lurk more you communist retard, and try looking at some actual crime stats rather than relying on your feels about the mexicans

good to know

You're missing the point. Terrorism meme in Murica proved that you don't need any inside conflicts to create a surveillance state, and identity politics got nothing to do with it either. If anything the whole fear of other people, who tend to be brown is what causes people to give up their freedoms.

You know that brown people are being imported on purpose by the EU, right?

>report submitted! this window will close in 3 seconds...

Nice effective report you've got there.

Alt-Right was invented by observing /pol/ and /v/ on social media, such as fb, twitter, youtube etc. They wanted to put political profile on anime avatars, meme posters, trolls, so they came up with Alternative Right, since they couldn't possibly be Left and didn't admit that they were Right.

The only problem with Alt-Right is that there is no Alt-Right.

This, the "Alt Right" is simply an amalgamation of memes. All they know is that they are not progressive libruls and meme magic is real.

Good video.
I find it interest that this board loves Schopenhauer but doesn't seem to understand his fundamental anti-individualism. If people actually read his ethics they'd reach these conclusions as well.

>There is no Alt-Right

Did you guys miss the entire presidential election last year?

The alt right was growing steadily for years before that.

How new are you to actually believe all of the mythology behind the meme?

The alt right started on blogs as far back as 2009.

I was fucking there you goddamn dipshit.

How do you define the "alt right"?

Lol I'm so impressed. Hope you had a good summer break kiddo!

Not him, but the alt right draws the major line at being in favor of reestablishing white homelands and awareness of the jewish question. The alt lite refers to people like the guy in the video who tend to focus on some abstract notion of "western culture" instead of white/European identity being the basis for that culture, and avoid the jewish question entirely.

White nationalism isn't alt-right. You overdosed on red pills.

>Muh natural conservatives

It's almost as if you've never looked at voting demographics.

Okay you're just here to be stupid.

>White nationalism isn't alt-right
Of course it is, what are you talking about?

I'm talking about how white nationalism is merely a substrate of nationalism and that the alt-right advocates the nation state as the fundamental unit of its political philosophy.

A nationalism that is predominately white MIGHT be the natural consequence of a nationalist political philosophy enacted in a predominately white region like Europe, but there's nothing about alt-right philosophy that insists we aggressively pursue white nationalism as its own end via ethnic cleansing or whatever.

Things don't mean whatever you want them to mean. The founder of the alt right refers to himself as a white nationalist and white only states is the central aim and goal of the alt right. Because that is the way things have always been, it's a state of nature.

Who the fuck claims to be "the founder" of the alt right?
It's a grassroots political movement that got its impetus from widespread dissatisfaction with the right.

Why are you pretending to understand, or more importantly trying to define, something you don't know the most rudimentary facts about?

Not him but you seem to be doing that yourself.

Doing what? Please try to present an argument if you wish to join the conversation.

Not an argument

Well you may disagree with me but I feel like I have an adequate understanding of what I'm discussing. If I'm so rudimentarily mistaken then it should be all the easier for you to demolish my errors. Either engage like an adult or fuck off.

Ok so you can be dismissed. Trolling is fine when there's intelligence behind it but you're just pants on head stupid.
>Doing what?
Uh doing the thing you just said retard.

You seem lost.

The alt right from its inception has been white nationalist and the person who coined the term is a white nationalist. That's simply what it is. Now, I understand there has been a lot of disinformation recently to try and make it mean something more civic nationalist oriented, but that is being done by people who either don't know what they're talking about or want to subvert the movement. That also seems to have been dealt with though through the division of the "alt lite" label. The alt right is, and has been from the beginning, centered around white nationalism.

Again, you are the one who seems lost. You remind me of that Nagle woman who never knew what the totality of the alt-right consists of.

bloodyshovel.wordpress.com/2017/07/25/whats-killing-the-west/

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to . If you want to discuss politics, go to .

You clearly have nothing of substance to say. I recommend sticking to topics that won't cause you to embarrass yourself in the future.