What do the matcha desserts taste like? what's the closest thing you can compare it to?

What do the matcha desserts taste like? what's the closest thing you can compare it to?

tastes kind of like matcha

Matcha desserts taste similar to matcha drinks

like if grass tasted good. a little earthy but sweet.

Have you ever tried matcha? Kinda tastes like matcha.

This.
Green tea and Matcha especially taste like bitter-sweet grass, in a good way.

they're not very sweet

A bit like malt, but no sweetness.

I would compare them to matcha.

I would say my closest comparison would be matcha

OP here. I have never tasted matcha but I'd like to. I think I'll buy some matcha and make a dessert with it.

Thanks. You really encouraged me to do it.

yes sweet and grassy

fuck you, kill yourself

The only matcha I have had was some that was like $25 for a tiny little box, it was quite good but I never cooked with it due to the expense, and now I am seeing these cans of it that are at least 4 times as much matcha for abit more then half the cost. Are these any good? Or can you recommend any good less expensive matchas for cooking experiments?

>cans of it that are at least 4 times as much matcha for abit more then half the cost. Are these any good?

I suspect they might be ground sencha rather than proper matcha.

Matcha's always going to be pricey because it's grown under special conditions and needs to be ground with a specially designed stone mill.
The primo shit is hand-ground by a monk but even mass produced matcha is ground with the same stone mill, just electrically driven.

That is what I expect as well, assume its the bancha, they both have that smell and it is cheaper.

Eh, if you're making things with it rather than actually drinking it, it doesn't matter too much. None of the "green tea flavored" stuff uses good quality Matcha as it's an absolute waste.

That is what I wanted to know, thanks user!

sweet milky grass

kind of like dog milk cheese but grassy

Matcha for drinking is different than matcha for cooking. The cooking one is cheaper and has lower standards. Also doesn't taste as good by itself.

Its what i used to imagine eating grass was like for a cow

Light bitterness of the taste of Matcha highlights the flavor of the cake.
Matcha cake, It is very tasty.

you can get it for cheap
just buy it in japan