Cookware thread: All-Clad Sucks Edition

What pots and pans you got, Veeky Forums?

What ones do you wish you had? Any chance to get them for xmas?

I've got some all clad, some staub, some lodge, some mauviel, and some old ass tinned copper of uncertain manufacture. Also some sitram which are shit, and some calphalon, and a few others I can't remember.

I'm pretty happy with the all clad, but I forgot popular = bad.

All-Clad isn't actually bad cookware, I just find it to be overpriced. There's a ton of comparable SS brands available for much, much cheaper, but All-Clad is the only one people know. Personally I fucking hate the handles.

How does your Staub compare to the Lodge?

The staub is enameled and the lodge is just regular bare cast iron, so it's apples and oranges.

I don't pay full retail on cookware (or most other things for that matter), so whether or not MSRP is reasonable isn't any concern to me. I like the handles. Better than the brass handles on my mauviel, whoever came up with that idea needs to get punched in the dick.

my parents have all-clad and I fucking love it. I cook all the time when I come over.

What kind of all clad do you have? Tri ply, d5, d7, copper core, nonstick, mc2?

I got like 3 fissler pots and 1 large pan that I bought for 40 bucks on a flea market

that fucking timestamp. fissler confirmed cookware of kek

mc2

Not overpriced, you see, if it's the American made pieces, not made in China like everything else.

best current deal for you fags who just want to buy a set and be done with it

All-clad makes a lot of their stuff in China, boyo

I have this scanpan set. It works pretty well and you should be able to get it pretty cheap after Christmas.
Would recommend.

>all-clad will never make just a basic 2ply copper and stainless steel line
their copper core is absolutely over engineered and yet the copper and stainless steel combo with quality construction is the only reason I would pay those high prices.

Got these on black friday for 215

haven't used them much but they are nice

All clad's core competency is aluminum and steel. Why would you look to them for copper? Their copper lines are, as you said, over-engineered (in the negative sense of the word). Go to Falk or another company that actually specializes in copper cookware.

Reread what I wrote... a spatula is made in China, but a true clad pot is made in PA, USA...

>Falk
Thanks for the tip, I somehow hadn't found them when I was searching for cookware. The prices are reasonable for being made in the US.

Well if it's too cheap for you, try Duparquet, muh small businesses and all that jazz. They make silver lined copper pans starting at only $800 for an 8.25" saute pan, right here in 'murica

>fucking leaf
>'murica
haha funny joke. I'll stick with Falk. The silver's nice but if I wanted that type of pan I'd go with pure copper. The stainless steel has the right amount of stick and tempers the heat of the copper well. plus its a let easier to clean.

Sorry, I don't speak meme. What does that mean?

Also, Falk is made in Belgium.

>but if I wanted that type of pan I'd go with pure copper
silver plated copper is MUCH higher end than pure copper.

Pure copper is unusable for most kitchen tasks (copper is poisonous yo, that's why they're tin or stainless steel lined).

i have all calphalon stuff except for my fuckhuge cast iron and these 2 double bottom palm restaurant pots.

i like the calphalon pots but the finish on the outside is annoying to clean so i just rinse it and i only soap the inside.

i also have a wusthof knife block set. overrated desu. the paring knife and filet knife are the only two that stay sharp.

their lids are made in china as well