Why is this paedophile...

Why is this paedophile, horror / thriller equivalent of Paulo Coelho considered one of the greatest writers of our generation?

He has one "decent" (read, "marginal") book for every ten bad ones.

He's really good at writing characters.

Is he tho?

Is there any particular reason people here keep calling him a pedophile? Is there any actual evidence of this beyond conjecture and hearsay? If so please link. Also pedophilia isn't even illegal. Just pederasty.

>Pedo rights activist butting in to justify online why he touches his micro-willy to children
Kill yourself. You and your pedo writer.

I imagine it's because of the orgy in IT.

So they have no actual evidence, it's a meme.

Who cares if people like their fiction

>pedophilia isn't illegal
But it is though. And it's extremely degenerate.

>Also pedophilia isn't even illegal.
What country do you live in?

Stop pretnding to be obtuse

There is no country in the world where pedophilia is illegal.

Just watching CP, acquiring it, distributing it or illegal sex acts are illegal. You still don't get inprisoned for your thoughts just yet.... if you keep them for yourself.

I believe the poster is making a distinction between pedophilla, the sexual attraction to children, and actually committing sex crimes based on those desires.

Also, in some countries accusing people of being pedophiles without having proof is illegal. This kind of claim can get you into a libel lawsuit

>actually defending the violent rape and murder of children
I wish /leftypol/ would leave.

>the poster
You mean you. Quit being retarded, you got outed as pedo scum. Fuck off.

Bump.

this made me giggle

Honestly I fucking love his books. They're mostly trash, but enjoyable trash.

He's such an enormous whiny faggot about Trump on twitter that I will never read his trash books again.

I wonder how redditors like you even came to post on this site.

SK is the Nicolas Cage of fiction writers and the John Podesta of cheese pizza child molesters.

Sometimes. All characters in The Dome are shit

There's no evidence that he's a pedophile, you retard. Also, he isn't considered one of the greatest writers of our generation.

I fell for the dark tower meme when I was in high school. He's a high volume writer that is incredibly inconsistent. His desperation for daily, nonstop, production have led to strange, sometimes ridiculous plot twists that render a lot of the books almost incoherent. His two best books (and also the two most coherent) are The Running Man and the 4th book of the Dark Tower series. Also after he stopped doing mountains of cocaine he's never written the same.

>His two best books (and also the two most coherent) are The Running Man and the 4th book of the Dark Tower series
I agree with this though I'd also add The Longwalk and maybe Low Men in Yellow Coats.

Nice one lel.

Put your trip back on, Stephen.

>if you ask for evidence you're a member of nambla

When did Veeky Forums get so degenerate?

Honestly he can't be said to have even a decent book when you factor in the opportunity cost of reading them.
For every King book I read that is time I could have spent reading something else. Why would I waste time reading blood 'n guts spooky tales schlock. It's literally trash. I don't even mean on moral grounds I mean there's nothing of even aesthetic value in his books which is the easiest threshold to reach. And he can't even manage that. He's McDonald's.

Stop playing fast and loose with words that have clearly established connotations in order to sow confusion and reap the relativistic fucked up "rewards"

>pedophilia isn't illegal only pederasty is

This might work on the normies but you're posting with the big boys now. No one is confused by your sleight of hand bullshit way to segway into a discussion about the supposed questionable status of pedophilia's legality. We all know the real game you're playing here and it's absolutely despicable.

Kys pedo.

>He's McDonald's.
That's some of the meanest shit anyone's ever said about anyone, but it perfectly applies to this scumbag.

There isn't a book of his, save for The Shining and that's only because it gives some depth to the movie.

>No one is confused by your sleight of hand bullshit way to segway into a discussion about the supposed questionable status of pedophilia's legality. We all know the real game you're playing here and it's absolutely despicable.
I think this is why people got so annoyed by that post. We all know where it leads, what follows is countless PDFs, infographs and what have you that show paedophilia is """"""perfectly normal"""""" and that it shouldn't be judged so harshly.
Fucking horrid shit. People like that should be strangled.

He has described himself as the literary equivalent a burger and coke he has no pretensions about himself I doubt his readers do either

There isn't a book of his I don't regret reading*

How can he live with himself? Self-awareness is a great thing, but it's mostly so in the cases where it leads to self-improvement. To be compliant with the fact that you're a worthless piece of shit with no artistic merit whatsoever and a mass producer of literary garbage can't be healthy, mentally speaking a the very least.

Yeah that's how he describes himself, and then elsewhere he unironically writes a book with the magisterial, Ciceronian title "On Writing"

It turns my stomach. How do leftists cope with the cognitive dissonance of seeing obvious pedophile propaganda like this--daily-- while having the nerve to mock the suggestion that people in power, in their own party, are organizing this cultural shift for their own ends?

I try not to follow Peterson too closely because I don't like being anyone's disciple but it's hard to surpass his analysis when he says that the rank and file leftists aren't really aware of the metastructure of their belief system and what it actually means.
I've spent the last 10 years observing their echo chambers online and every topic is completely isolated. Conflicting conclusions across parallel topics isn't even recognized. As you say there is a tremendous amount of cognitive dissonance but they seem to be able to deal with it via feelings of religious devotion to the dogma.
Every discussion is just another opportunity to trot out the ideology and get another dopamine hit.
I used to post on GAF for the

>how can be live with himself
In piles of cash most things are easy
I don't find that title pretentious. I read a lot of him when I was 12-14 don't care for him now and haven't read that but from what I understand that book is just anecdotes about writing certain books and his process in general. How is that pretentious? I've noticed a malaise this board holds for King as if people thinks he's some literary master which is a notion I've only ever heard here. No one thinks this. He's a decent author that's about it

>How is that pretentious?

Really?
It's pretentious to write a book on writing when you're a shit writer.

>shit writer
By your standards

I doubt he's of your generation and he is considered one of the greatest only in regards to American culture as American culture is what he represents perfectly. American culture is all about embracing trash, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Because he's cornered the market on his specific niche genre.
Name one horror writer who's written more horror books or is more well known.

Also, he does write good characters.

I've never read any of his books, but I distinctly remember trying to as a kid (my dad likes him a lot so there were always books of his around) but reading about this random guy just getting angry and kicking a dog to death really got to me and I had to put it down. There was something palatably sleazy and unsettling about the characters he writes, even the good guys. I actually really respect that, and considering it's so hard to do, it makes it a lot easier to forgive his shit books.

Virtually none of this is true.

>Also, he does write good characters.
>I've never read any of his books

>Let me just defend a man whom's books I never read by saying he WRITES good characters
Your kind of person, the kind that argues just for the sake of arguing and defends matters they're not really familiar with out of fucking boredom more than anything else. Yes, your kind of people should be shot in the back of the fucking head. You're scum.

Oh fuck off. I wrote in my post that I had read some of his work. I meant I never read an entire book of his. If someone makes an impression on you in the first 3 chapters, you can still have a goddamn opinion, so suck my dick.

>I've only listened to three tracks of this album
>But I gotta say, it's a pretty god damn good album and the artist is really fucking great

You realise how retarded you sound, right? Especially considering the "end twists" that SK is known for. Why did you feel the need to talk about something you've no clue about, you fucking zilch? Get help.

>you can't have an opinion on something unless you absorb it in it's entirety, because I'm retarded and my brain is incapable of pattern recognition.
I'd say three songs is a pretty goddamn good indicator of the overall quality of an artist, are you retarded? What is wrong with you?

Kek, I like how every argument on Veeky Forums at some point devolves into claiming that the opposition should be executed. We're headed for World War 3 aren't we?

>Pattern recognition in an author known for changing his patterns
>Forms his opinions about works of art without completing them
>Three songs is an indicator of the overall quality of an artist

I got second hand embarrassment from reading your posts. You're a redneck zilch with nothing that should make anyone take your opinion seriously on any matter, it seems. I was about to tell you that there's probably other areas you're good at and that you should leave literature for the people who don't have ADHD, but clearly you're good at nothing.

Get help you autistic manchild zilch, these are all mental gymnastics you're pulling because I outed you as a moron who can't finish a book before sucking the author's dick and defending him. You're scum.

I mean, you're talking to a man who judges (fairly, according to himself, mind you) an artist by three of their songs. Clearly he has no criteria whatsoever and has no respectable means of absorbing the works of anyone in any artistic field in a way that should make us pay attention to the garbage he vomits.

why don't you call me zilch again? I don't think you used it enough, and it really makes me take your hyperbolic diatribe more seriously.

>No argument
Yet again one MORE thing you leave unfinished. Guess you're pretty used to that by this point.

Not just a zilch but a redneck zilch

/pol/tards are still on a moral crusade so "pedophile" is getting thrown around wherever they feel like it. I guess when your life is an unending series of failures, the best you can do is think, "Well, at least I'm not a pedophile."

yeah, I guess I don't feel like wasting my time explaining basic human functions to a retard on the internet. But hey. Feel smug, friendo.

>segway
pack it up, bud.

>It's a /pol/ thing to despise pedos now
Ignoring the fact that you have an unhealthy obsession with a Veeky Forums board so badly that you feel the need to bring up /pol/ in every discussion, it's an extreme Right-Wing thing to hate pedos now?

Get help. Clearly you're not well and clearly you're projecting that said "unending series of failures" onto others when you're the one who has an obsession with a Veeky Forums board.

>basic human functions
That you lack, apparently, considering you finish nothing. You just got embarrassed and exposed as a double digit IQ having moron.

Pedophilia is normal and shouldn't be judged so harshly.

No, but it's an extremely right-wing thing to want to relive the Reagan 80s and create paranoid delusions centered around conspiracies like Pizzagate or whatever you're currently after. It also doesn't take obsession with a board to realize that it's common for people who like to uncritically fantasize about government pedophile orgies to accuse others of pedophilia.

wait, are you trolling? because you're not even insulting anybody anymore, you're just saying random shit.
>you have an unhealthy obsession with a Veeky Forums board
>Clearly you're not well
>clearly you're projecting
>considering you finish nothing
none of these things are even remotely implied by any of the posts you're freaking out about.

Ah yes, I remember back in the 80s when /pol/ created "paranoid delusions centred around conspiracies", those were the days.

Or maybe, just maybe you have an unhealthy obsession with a Veeky Forums board that you feel the need to mention every step of the way because you enjoy virtue signalling. Could it be just that? Or you're a repressed paedophile yourself who hasn't come to terms with it, so you lash out by chimping out about /pol/ at any given chance?
Get help.

>Y-you're t-trolling
If that helps you cope with the fact that you just got embarrassed and outed as a clinical retard...

>Ah yes, I remember back in the 80s when /pol/ created "paranoid delusions centred around conspiracies", those were the days.
Learn to read.

Nice """argument""", pedo.

Yeah, it is. Your understanding of historical context in this situation is completely lacking if you can't see the parallels between daycare sex abuse hysteria and Pizzagate or the renewed interest in events like the Franklin Credit Union scandal. You might as well be a concerned mother getting red in the face at a PTA meeting at this point. Have you picked out a modern Twisted Sister to protest yet?

There's no historical context to understanding /pol/, it's a false analogy and should be dismissed as such.

>Rest of you is sperging out and continuously projecting because I outed you as a lifeless loser with an obsession over a Veeky Forums board
Get help. You're not well. They tell me psychotherapists can medicate autists like you into functioning members of society, give it a shot.

Why are you on a literature board when you can't comprehend even a handful of basic sentences? The only one sperging out here is the one that got mad because of how easy it is to see through common /pol/ patterns. It doesn't take an obsession with the board you've sworn to protect to notice this. Might want to hit up a psychotherapist yourself before you start fucking kids.

>Being this obsessed with /pol/ and "Right-Wing extremism" you accuse everyone who isn't a relativist autist like you of belonging to that group of people
Seems like I touched a nerve with me even bringing up paedophiles in a negative light. Could it be because you're an autistic pedo loser and can't cope with life, so you lash out in these unhealthy ways?

Get help. I haven't been on /pol/ since 2014, and even then I only went there for news. You have an unhealthy obsession and paranoid delusions. Get help. You're not right.

Look at his fucking sales. Hundreds of millions of people like the shit he writers, not just in Murica, whether you or some jerk off critic likes it, doesn't change anything about the impact King got on modern literature, and culture if you included the stuff that got a movie.

>That one guy who associates sales to quality
Bet you think The Beatles are the GOAT band, amirite? Avatar is the GOAT movie, amirite?
Commercial success is, in most cases, just the result of an easy-to-digest product and hardly the reflection of quality.

>shits on beatles
Really explains everything about you college age mouthbreathers.
If it's not obscure or if it doesn't reinforce your pseudointellectual thought processes then you will have no part of it.
No KIng. No Beatles. No fun. Just autism.

>No King. No Beatles. No fun. Just autism.
this should be the header of the sticky.

Beatles are literally the One Direction of their era. What kind of a Dadrock faggot with no taste do you have to be to dickride the Beatles in 2017, a year in which you're supposed to have hindsight, perspective and self-awareness?

>If it's not obscure or if it doesn't reinforce your pseudointellectual thought processes
Not really, I'm into some pretty mainstream shit. Fame isn't an indicator of quality, that's what I've been trying to tell you, but apparently that flew over your dimwitted head.

Christ, you're a basic bitch.

Who ever talked about quality? That's a messy, vague word with no agreed upon meaning when it comes to art. King is great based on his impact and relevant because of it.

Beatles are similar due the impact they had on generations.

Avatar seems like a shitty example and more of a one hit wonder. Even people who liked it, mostly don't give a shit about it anymore, while hundreds of millions still listen to/read Beatles/King.

I don't give a shit about Beatles but comparing them to OD is idiotic, given how they easy outlasted their era. One Direction is closer to BroSis, US5, NYNC or however they are all called. Just look at the fucking sales, Beatles got 500M +, while OD has like 4-5M per album.

Wow look at all the retardation that's shown up since I've been away. If any of you have ever been sexually attracted to a 17 year old whilst over the age of 18, congratulations, you are a pedophile in many localities.

Yeah, I remember when One Direction released their equivalent of Revolution 9. Get real. As if disliking the Beatles is any less of a basic bitch opinion in 2017. Really stirring up some controversy.

>Dadrock
Nothing identifies a teenage tryhard with shit music taste more than this phrase.
We get it, junior. You only listen to modern and hip music for modern and hip gentlemen like yourself.
>Fame isn't an indicator of quality, that's what I've been trying to tell you
Then why do you use fame as an indicator of quality like you did with the "lol I bet you listen to the beatles" statement?

Yes user, which should be clear. I'm surprised a board about literature doesn't understand the distinction between pedophilia and pederasty...Oh wait, actually i'm not at all. never mind, that was something else i was surprised about.

On that note, did you know Swift ate Irish babies?

Pic related is you right now. There isn't an agreed upon meaning because not everyone can spend 25 years studying nothing but literature or music or film. Art and its parameters for being judged became (with the Modernists) democratic rather than the work of elitists who dedicated their whole life to it.

That's why, today and throughout the past century, we have autistic shitbags such as yourself thinking not only that their opinion on any artistic matter should hold any weight, but that it HOLDS any weight.

>Avatar is a shitty example
It's the utmost example of commercial success, for commercial success is a direct reflection of the impact it had on people who went out of their way to buy it so much it's the #1 best selling film of all time. You need to come to terms with it and accept that "social impact" is irrelevant when gauging the quality of anything.

>Rest of you sperging out and trying to justify sales as the ultimate indicator of quality
Keep being a basic bitch.

Scaruffi was made into a meme by asshurt Beatlesfags, but he is correct about everything. They're commercial garbage and nothing more. They had a formula, much like most musicians of their time. Beach Boys were better in every way, except the commercial aspect of it.

Is this an implication that I don't listen to Dadrock? Or, once more, we have a loser who feels like projecting his own status onto others because it causes him angst to look in the mirror?

>Then why did you use fame as an indicator of quality
If you bothered to read the entirety of the post, maybe the message you would've gotten wouldn't have been "BEATLES WERE BAD BECAUSE THEY WERE FAMOUS".

You're mentally impaired it seems, and through extreme mental gymnastics and selective reasoning to justify how much of an actual clinical retard you are.

Hey, not everyone can spend 25 years doing nothing but flipping burgers, either. Some of us need to spend that time studying literature or music or film.

>Some of us need to spend that time studying literature or music or film.
Exactly, until you stop flipping those burgers, your opinion on these matters is as irrelevant as your paycheck.

And by King's

>spends a whole thread apparently having a breakdown about pedophiles and then the beatles
nigga chill the fuck out.

Nice """"argument"""".

>is this an implication
It's an implication that you're a /mu/ faggot with weak parroted opinions.
>you're mentally impaired
Says the guy that lacks the self awareness to see the hypocrisy of his own posts.
Tell us all about how fame isn't an indicator of quality after you point out how most famous things are only famous because they're "easy-to-digest" again.

Haven't been to /mu/ since 2013, so no. I'm just not a basic bitch like yourself, with basic bitch tastes.

>Y-you l-lack self awareness, y-you h-h-hypocrite
Nice """argument""".

>Rest is you repeating this strawman that "BEATLES WERE BAD BECAUSE THEY WERE FAMOUS"
Aren't you tired of getting embarrassed and outed as a brainlet with nothing to show for it? You being on Veeky Forums with that reading comprehension is like Mayweather applying for an Advanced Linguistics degree. Fun, but sad.

You really are a legitimate retard, aren't you? I've seen toddlers having a complete meltdown that were worth talking to more than you.
Just sit the fuck down already.

Nice """""""argument""""""". Cry more.

>I can prove everyone's wrong by yelling louder
I'm fucking serious. Fuck off.

I've nothing to prove wrong in regards to you because you've put forth no argument. You've done nothing but sperg out, quite probably because you got BTFO in a previous engagement and are now salty because of it.
Cry more.

>better table
Kek. What if intricate details are irrelevant for my needs?

>bringing up maestro as it has any more meaning than "sir"
>more technically virtuous
>masterful
More meaningless words. Also how is this related to quality?

>employing techniques is relevant to quality
Jesus. So HP would be better with more steam of consciousness passages? You must be really underage if you believe that an English professor has any say or any job in determining the quality of a work.

>today and throughout the past century, we have autistic shitbags such as yourself thinking not only that their opinion on any artistic matter should hold any weight, but that it HOLDS any weight.
Past century? Brainlets like you bitched about Shakespeare back in the 15th century, calling it plebshit. Now the same type of idiot creams over it.

>for commercial success is a direct reflection of the impact it had on people who went out of their way to buy it
Which is only a small part of people either way. The Star Wars movies didn't have that many viewers in the cinemas yet they have a much bigger cultural impact.

>"social impact" is irrelevant when gauging the quality of anything.
A work without any social impact is irrelevant and might as well not exist. How can something that doesn't exist have quality? Wouldn't it be relevant if it were any good? Look at classical music, it's still alive and well. Look at the fucking greeks. Good works always will have a social impact.

>Haven't been to /mu/ since 2013
Yet you use their buzzwords and have the same shit taste. Interesting.

>lol you brainlet
Think for yourself, junior.
And if you think that fame isn't an indicator of quality then don't cite fame as a reason for something to not be of quality.

Practice what you preach, junior.

you're a fucking embarrassment.

the only thing happening here is everytime someone posts in the thread, you reply to their post, make huge, antagonistic statements, act like a fucking spastic and then tell everyone to cry more when they call you a retard and tell you fuck off.

There is no argument. None of us have to prove you're a fucking moron because you're proving it yourself.

Get fucked.

>>more technically virtuous
>>masterful
Good point. Buckethead is a very "technically skilled" player, but I'm not sure anyone is calling him one of the greatest. of course, these days it's mostly about how fast you play, rather than what you say with it.

>This entire post is you dissecting a comic and missing its basic point that the opinion of an average moron like yourself doesn't and shouldn't have the same weight as the opinion of someone who spent decades studying a subject
I called you a clinical retard as an insult, but apparently it's factual and I shouldn't be joking around with it. My goodness you're fucking dense and slow.

>Brainlets like you bitched about Shakespeare back in the 15th century, calling it plebshit. Now the same type of idiot creams over it
>N-no, Y-YOURE T-THE BRAINLET
Asides from showing how SHOOK you are, you're literally lying and assuming that I even enjoy Shakespeare. All in all I see you backlashing against the fact that your opinion on any subject such as this is irrelevant. Basically, you're angry because you're stupid. Not even interesting.

>Which is only a small part of people either way
It's enough to make it the most commercially successful film ever. Seems like you're grasping at straws and backpedalling when you're faced with a successful product you dislike because suddenly its sales no longer justify their quality. Could it be that you're a hypocritical moron with no argument, arguing for arguing's sake and now you're panicking once you've been proven wrong time and time again?

>A work without any social impact is irrelevant
That doesn't equate social impact with quality. How fucking limited are you, mentally? What is your IQ? 89?

Seems like you're the one who's been keeping up with /mu/, since you accuse me of being a regular of a board I haven't visited in years. Maybe you've ran into people who agree with me and humiliated you about your pleb opinions and now you're angry? Maybe?

>Rest is you strawmaning against an non-existent point for the third time and saying "Junior" twice to pretend you're anything but an asshurt, exposed brainlet
Cry more, Beatlesfag.

Nice """"argument"""". Cry more.

>non-existent point
Then why did you bring up the beatles in the first place, junior?
Did you not do it in a disparaging way to prove that "lol you like famous stuff and famous stuff is stupid", junior? Then would you not be using the beatles success as a measure of their quality or lack thereof? I'm awaiting your answer, junior.
And you got a problem with me calling you junior, junior?
Well, junior. You're gonna have to live with it, junior.

tl;dr SK is shit (big surprise) and pedos are tranny tier in delusion (bigger suprise)

If you bothered to read the initial point that autist said about SK being a great writer because he's commercially successful and me using the Beatles as an example that fame and money doesn't equate quality, maybe you wouldn't be sperging out this hard about me shit talking your favourite Pop band from the 60s.

>Rest is you going apeshit because I touched a nerve
Lmao, cry more brainlet.

tl;dr this user has everything figured out and definitely only sees things for what they are. Relies 100% on perception because it's clearly infallible.

I'm glad you noticed.

>me using the Beatles as an example that fame and money doesn't equate to quality
By implying that they are of an inferior quality just because they are famous. Because famous things are "easy-to-digest". Which means that you are using fame as a measure of quality and are being hypocritical to your own statement of "fame doesn't equal quality".
You really are stupid for being so well read, junior.
>>because I touched a nerve
Did you, junior?