ITT: fictional characters that you strive to emulate

ITT: fictional characters that you strive to emulate.

For me, it's Demian from Hermann Hesse's "Demian."

so basically you aspire to be a lonely personality-deprived creep with vague religious/philosophical beliefs that are actually very contrived and lame by today's standards?

>putting "the masterpiece" on your own cover

Hermine in "Steppenwolf".

That's ironic because I usually post a similar thread on /r9k/ with Griffith as the OP.

Have you read Demian? Demian reminded me a lot of Griffith upon my initial reading of the novel.

Demian was shit.

you have terrible taste my man. No wonder you like Demian so much (it's my insta-pleb filter for Hesse fans).
beserk sucks. It's the uncreative poorman's evangelion.

Can you at least acknowledge the impact that it would have on a high schooler reading it for the first time?

I like NGE more than I like Berserk but in my eyes, Griffith = Kaworu; both of whom being characters that I want to emulate.

not that guy, but yes. I will acknowledge that.
You need to read more books though if you honestly think demian is a masterpiece or particularly noteworthy in Hesse's catalog.

gross.
i know what kind of person you are and i fucking hate you. sad vain empty n cunt.

Manfred (Byron)
Elric of Melnibone

In the face of eternal order and higher forces I wish to be defiant and sooner sacrifice myself over succumbing.

>tfw Don Quixote instead of Alonso Quejano

I'm going to work my way through his catalog slowly, Steppenwolf is next.

Anything else you would like to recommend?

they're all much better than demian.
demian was very much "of the time". Almost worthless nowadays.

Including Siddhartha? That novel was my introduction to Hesse but I still rate Demian over it.

I strive to emulate Demian from Charles Dickens's "Typee: A Peep at Polynesian Life"

Unironically Agamemnon

werther before he's corrupted by the pussy

Hector for me lad, except clearly I have not curried the favor of any god's, so my life will be brief but valorous.

Smerdyakov

Kek.

I wouldn't ever dream of emulating a character wholesale but more than any other character I enjoy what I've learnt from Alyosha.

I'd say Sidhartha covers very similar themes but actually has more historical significance and is therefore better.

Slothrop got a lot of pussy... or at least he thought he did. Plus what style

I bet you're ugly lmao

>I usually post a similar thread on /r9k/
>/r9k/

...God...

Ngl, I identify with Smerdyakov a lot, but why would you seek out to emulate him? Most of his traits aren't desirable. I would think people want to emulate Ivan more than anyone.

how do you pronounce demian
is it the same in english as it is german

godot