Should we, as a species, for ethical reasons become vegans?

Should we, as a species, for ethical reasons become vegans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1z5VNHpNuZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes. People like to claim their own stupid exceptions but if you buy your meat from a grocery store there is a 95% chance that you are eating meat out of pure fancy and not necessity.

Inb4 >hurr im gonna eat 2 hamburgers for every one you don't

No

vegetarians are reasonable from a sustainability perspective, and pescatarian moreso if we integrate fish farms into the mix for max protein. I also have very little issue with home or locally sourced eggs, although dairy seems problematic environmentally.

Vegans are pot on head retarded, and will never make gains.

>literature

Vegans are cucks, you faggot

industrialized consumption of meat hastens the total extinction of life on earth so no

If you get your meat from a producer that treats its animals well and in a sustainable way there's nothing wrong with eating meat

vegan dudes over 35 always look very unhealthy

Hitler was a vegan, so no.

youtube.com/watch?v=1z5VNHpNuZ4

youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8

>ethical reasons

Lol no. Pragmatism of fuck off.

No.
Vegetarianism/veganism is a tavistock (google it) plan created by the elite to dull the proles and turn them all into pathetic faggots. Similar to Plato suggesting the peasants should just be fed grain in the Republic.
Eat meat, go to the gym, join a church. Stop being degenerate.

>i know nothing and love conspiracy theories

The city of Berlin has a long history of vegetarianism and veganism which began as a reaction against corporatism, and they are not the only one. But yeah whatever chemtrails

You could just extend the ethical arguments for going vegan to literally just fucking killing yourself.

Then why haven't you done it yet?

The vast majority of people have been eating a mostly vegetarian diet for most of human history. It's only with the advent of industrialized farming that billions of people can eat amounts of meat unfathomable to even the most extravagant of rich fucks of times past. So you can fuck off with this.

sage

Because I'm not a vegan.

I eat meat: meat from grocery stores, meat from restaurants, meat I personally kill in the woods, meat I personally kill in the ocean, all kinds of meat.

>for most of human history
Humans have been hunter gatherers for like 10 times as long as they've been farmers

Seems like you are compensating for something Mr. Meat Lover.

Yeah I meant since the beginning of agriculture, when people started actually writing shit down. My fault for not being clear. Meat consumption on a wide scale wasn't possible in agricultural societies because the population eclipsed that of the hunter-gatherer days. Industrialization made it possible to bring the "luxury" of meat to the masses, among other things.

Yes I agree. Sage is an awful herb for non-meat dishes.

If causing harm to animals is such a horrible thing as to be prioritized over human welfare we all might as well collectively an hero because even if there were just 100 000 of us living in caves the animals would be worse off than if we weren't here at all.

isn't it cheaper on a global scale to have a plant only diet?

Dear diary,

Today I shitposted on the internet. It was a great time. Can't wait to start high school in the fall.

all vegans should be lined up and shot