Best Poo In Loo Food

Red pill me on Indian food. Which are the must-try dishes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
youtube.com/watch?v=KaBdajHOsSM
youtube.com/watch?v=sGzBQrg1adY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Poo In Loo Food
what?

Indians shit on the street
youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
tawa aloo chaat, palak paneer, goat biryani, masala dosa, lamb vindaloo, and bhindi masala

Garlic Naan
Lamb Korma
Dosa
Kulfi
Lassi

Basically, ask the waiter what he likes, try that.

Lamb vindaloo. A good vindaloo is an indicator of a good Indian restaurant

Long grain rice with diarrhea and deez nuts

any spinach based lamb curry
tandoori chicken
chicken tikka
chicken/lamb korma
prawn malabar

dhansak

Beef bombay with rice is always nice

Don't bother. Restaurant Indian food is almost exclusively trash. If you really want to gamble with your health look for places where the customers are all Indians themselves, and order what they're ordering since usually even at the decent places half the menu is inedible. You'll probably still get stale food but it's okay since they know you won't realize you're eating last Tuesday's tandoori chicken or that the fish pulusu isn't supposed to be oily enough to lubricate your car's engine.

>lamb korma
This might just be the worst curry and meat combination possible. The mild, creamy flavour of the korma doesn't go well with red meat. Kormas should always be made with chicken.

This video is very India.

I fucking love Indian food after surfing and the sun is setting. Sitting on the beach while the cool breeze comes in and eating some garlic naan, butter chicken or something a little spicier.

Get yourself some mutton vindaloo, hottest possible.

Don't forget to wash it down with a lager too.

lamb rogan josh

my man

It's all the same. Spicey curry flavored liquid mush.

What's the deal with white people and vindaloo? Was it on TV once or something? It's weird how everybody's always talking about this one regional curry that's not even on most menus.

it's an english thing la
it's probably the second most popular dish after masala here
also there was this song for a world cup
youtube.com/watch?v=KaBdajHOsSM

There is a certain subset of white people who think that the point of Indian food is to be "hot", and the challenge is to eat the hottest thing they can to prove to the other white people who hard they are. This is how we ended up with shit like the Vindaloo & Phall, and why people bang on about them.

See also: Hot sauce fags.

I sometimes would order Biryani takeout and et it with Spam at home

t. soyboy

Look, here's one now to tell everyone how hard he is because he can tolerate capsaicin.

>the second most popular dish after masala
A Portuguese-influenced dish from a region of India that was never part of the British Empire is the second most popular dish in England after spice mixtures? Is your cuisine really so bland that you just eat fucking spices raw? Jesus Christ, dude.

I'd actually never heard of vindaloo before a white guy I knew told me how it was his favorite curry and I had to look it up. Since then I've seen it on maybe three or four menus out of several hundred. Goddamn silly Englishmen.

>lamb joe rogan

>A Portuguese-influenced dish from a region of India that was never part of the British Empire is the second most popular dish in England after spice mixtures?
i meant second most popular indian dish

Marinate him in whole milk and lemon juice and he'd make some excellent kebabs.

>whole milk and lemon juice
Wouldn't that curdle?

In the time it takes to marinate it won't, unless you're marinating in hot milk for some reason.

Surprise, there are people that enjoy vindaloos just like there are people that enjoy literally any other meal

Not everyone has a low tolerance to spice and can't enjoy a good curry like you soyboy

You must be thinking of something different, curries aren't raw spices

>I am so hard because I ruin my food by drenching it in capsaicin. Look everyone, look how hard I am!

Wow you're hard.

You know vindaloo isn't really a particularly spicy dish, right? Goan food in general isn't that hot, and I mean actual Goan food, not the shit made for honkey palates. Either way it doesn't matter how spicy something is if it tastes like shit under all the heat.

>curries aren't raw spices
pic related

I had Chicken Jalfrezi in some Paki/Indian restaurant here in southern Germany. It was pretty mediocre, everything boiled to death and drowned in virulently orange sauce that apparenty consisted of every spice known to man and which successfully covered the natural taste of each and every ingredient.

You can probably make your own jalfrezi better than any restaurant. Takes less than ten minutes if you have meat prepared and the only standard ingredients that aren't common in a western kitchen are turmeric and maybe red chill powder. You can put pretty much whatever you like in it plus onions.

The Rogan Joe

What youre saying might be true from a historical or culural perspective. However at a typical Indian restaurant in a western country the vindaloo will be among the hotter dishes offered.

Phaal

Ate make roti and sag with Indian friend. 10/10.

There’s a joint in Ottawa called The Light of India and, as a hotsaucefag, their phall was one of the spiciest things I’ve ever consumed. I had to poo in loo several times that evening and it was an experience I will never ever repeat again.

My favs are lamb vindaloo and dhaba chicken.

butter chicken with fresh made naan

At a typical Anglo-Indian restaurant you mean. Stuff made for English palates, and generally not what the cooks themselves will consider proper. You know the real surefire way to get them to make spicy food? Bring an Indian friend along and make him ask for it extra spicy. Of course cuisines from different regions aren't universally spicy themselves and many restaurants will be run by the descendants of immigrants whose palates might be different, so the odds of success will be largely based on the tastes of the cook. However, this method is likelier to get you a spicier curry, no matter what you order, than any of the standard recipes on the menu. It takes no more effort than to throw a few extra chopped chilies in to make it hotter than any normal vindaloo. If this method doesn't work you're found a shitty restaurant.

Honestly, I'm pretty damn glad I live in the US. Nobody here's even heard of chicken tikka masala, and the restaurants that try too hard to cater to American palates generally fail because Indians are still the largest market for most of them, while most locals will get interested in the cuisine directly through their Indian friends.

>At a typical Anglo-Indian restaurant you mean.
I don't see how that differs from my use of the term "Western" but yeah, exactly.

Regardless of the historical origins of the dish, or what the cooks consider proper or not, the fact remains that at a Westernized (or if you prefer Anglo-ified) Indian restaurant the Vindaloo is going to be relatively spicy.

>>Nobody here's even heard of chicken tikka masala
I'm curious where you live. I am also in the US (I live in Texas, but I often travel to Ohio, Michigan, and California for work). It's been on the menu of nearly every "Indian" restaurant I've ever visited. It's as common as "General Tsos" at a Westernized-Chinese place, at least in my experience.

Tbqh I don't really find a difference between beef or lamb vindaloo, or even pork maybe, the dish is so spicy that it doesn't matter what meat you use (as long as you use meat, not poultry)

lamb vindaloo is the only must-try
other things that aren't too bad:
>chicken lababdar
>chicken pakora
>garlic butter naan

A "proper" Phall is literally intended to be inedible. I wish I were kidding.

>English
>white people
No "white people" give a fuck about Indian food outside of the U.K., barring pretentious soy infused urbanites.

Calm down, Stephan.

>white people don't put spices in their foods
>white people put the hottest spices in their foods
make up your mind mutt

You're retarded dude. Indian food is popular anywhere in the US that isn't flyover.

>not even on most menus.
Lol, what? Every Indian restaurant I have visited in the past 2 decades in the US, Canada, and UK has it on the menu. It's as common as fried rice on a Chinese menu. At least that's the way it is here in the west, I'm sure things would be different in India.

>most white people don't like very spicy food
>a certain subset of white people, often known as chiliheads, fucking love spicy food

That clear enough for you?

You missed this part, Stephan.
>
>barring pretentious soy infused urbanites.

You need to get the prescription on those retro horn rimmed glasses you're wearing updated.

The difference is that they're designed for different palates. I'm probably just jaded from staying in the UK for a while, but it's really a blessing to be able to go to a restaurant for decent food that doesn't taste like the usual saltless overmeaty English slop but with some extra turmeric. The difference between an Anglo-Indian place and an Indian place is like the difference between Tex-Mex and Mexican. Many of the dishes are nominally the same but because the target demographic is different they end up tasting wildly different. I've had some really great vindaloos at a few places, tjat coincidentally had Goans working there. I never said it's not a relatively spicy dish to others, just that the point of curries isn't supposed to be spice, and anybody whose primary objective in choosing a curry is heat is missing out on the flavor. See for reference. Your insistence on making everything spicy just seems asinine. All that matters is that it tastes good. A mild but tasty curry made for children is no less legitimate than one that makes you scream for mommy's milkies.

I'm from Texas too actually, though I've lived on both the coasts and in the deep South long enough to eat at plenty of restaurants over there. Chicken tikka masala is just another weird curry to the regular folks and most would be shocked to know it isn't even Indian in origin. It's ironic considering what happened to Italian food but modern Americans are probably the best people in the world when it comes to not fucking up foreign cuisines.

I have never eaten in an Indian restaurant, and never will. I have, however, tried a few recipes some Indians posted on youtube for various curries and enjoy them a lot.

Try this one, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=sGzBQrg1adY

Dude has a few recipes that are good and simple to make.

>All that matters is that it tastes good. A mild but tasty curry made for children is no less legitimate than one that makes you scream for mommy's milkies.
I agree with all of that.

My point was simply that Vindaloo is a common, and relatively hot, dish at the stereotypical Westernized Indian restaurant. I have family in the UK so I've eaten at plenty of Indian restaurants there as well. Whether in the UK or in the US, Vindaloo is almost certainly going to be on the menu, and it's likely to be hot (by western standards).

I don't think anyone was claiming that curry was necessarily hot, or even that it should be hot. Or that any of this was "traditional". I was describing what most places tend to serve, not making any critiques about those dishes.

That's fair. Vindaloo isn't nearly as common as you might think though. There are more and more regional restaurants opening up these days and few, if any of them have it on the menu unless it's a Marathi place. And a significant proportion of restaurants that already exist are south Indian, at which it's rather rare, and vegetarian restaurants where it obviously won't be served. It's the same deal with chicken tikka masala. I think such places just don't have much exposure outside the specific clientele they cater to. I've never seen a white person at most of the ones I frequent even though they seem to like it as much as anything else.

Granted I haven't been back to visit my UK family in about 7 years now so I don't know what the current restaurant scene is there. But I do know that nearly every time (I cannot remember an exception) that I've visited an Indian place in the states, or when my family took me out to their favorite Indian place in England, vindaloo (and CTM) were always on the menu. Maybe things are different in the UK these days, but here in the states I'd certainly be surprised if neither of those were on the menu. It would be odd for sure, just like finding a Chinese place that didn't serve fried rice or sweet-and-sour.

And yeah, I'm talking about generic places that get a lot of white clientele, not little hole-in-the wall places that don't even speak English.

I'm talking about the Texas and general Southern US scene actually. Guess that just shows how little exposure those places get since it's been like this for over ten years. They still make a killing though since a lot of the recent IT immigrants are rich and don't want to or don't know how to cook so they just go eat there every day and get takeout for later.

It seems very similar to the Chinese scene then. Statistically, the average place is going to be catering to a mainly white clientele and you can be sure to find CTM and vindaloo on the menu. It's expected, just like fried rice and General's Chicken.

If you go to a more immigrant-oriented place, like in Chinatown or Little India then things will be different. But places like that are certainly not in the majority!

>I am so sensitive that people enjoying anything spicier than black pepper must be trying hard to hide the pain
stick to mayo and cum soyboy

Why is England so corny and gay?

I'm actually predicting them to be in the majority soon enough, considering the stupidly high rate at which new ones are being opened. The past few years there's been a trend of takeout/self-serveice places popping up in every other strip mall run by disgruntled former code monkeys whose mothers taught them how to cook and they all get enough business to rival any successful traditional restaurant. And because it's good homestyle shit that draws away the consistent clientele they often put those restaurants out of business unless they're also catering to a specific demographic. To add to this big-name restaurants from India itself are opening branches all over the US now. I'm not stupid enough to invest in the restaurant industry myself but it's pretty interesting to see how it plays out.

I'd milk those udders

This nigga don't know what he's on about, lemme tell us how it is as a London boy with half Indian nan.

The dominant curry houses have always been northern Indian,hence the style of heavy amounts of cream etc. They usually have a load of Bangladeshis in the back slaving away for one Indian who owns it. They use base sauces to make all their curries and don't usually start from scratch and, according to my nan, will throw restaurant leftovers back in the pot.

Alot of tamals came into the UK following the tamal genocides, but they mostly just work in corner shops. Their curries are more peppery and less creamy.

It was very interesting to eat curry in new Zealand, where it wasnt influenced by the Anglo-Indian(not westernised you American dick) and was maybe more traditional to their native cooking. Was good, very raw and less processed if that makes sense. But I prefer my Anglo Indian shiz niz.

Furthermore the curries I ate in northern India were not hot even when asked, very creamy and my Nan always said they don't make their food like a spice contest every day.

I wasn't talking about the scene on your island hellhole, Nijelji. I'm never going back there. Sitting on a wet park bench with no money and only bums and the constant Seattle drizzle for company made me want to kill myself an order of magnitude less than my first night in England. God fucking bless America.

How was your first trip to England? What happened to you?

>tamal genocides

looks like sewage, totally unappetizing

Mostly Paris syndrome combined with the worst native cuisine and the worst adapted cuisines in the world, plus a complete indifference to the state of infrastructure and difficulty finding native English speakers in the capital of England. Also everybody at the office reeked of alcohol and grease. I could get the smell of tobacco out of my nose by going out to the country but the stuffiness in my sinuses and lethargy from the weather never left me until I went home and realized I'd lost fifteen pounds over ten weeks.

The British gun laws really do work. I'd have blown my brains out if I could get a hold of a weapon. Almost did when I had to go back again. Other areas aren't nearly as bad as London but just stepping off the plane into Heathrow is probably a danger to my health at this point.

I like chicken vindaloo

what are some other spicy common dishes that I would like?

some of the indian stuff my friends eat looks gross (like anything with tofu or peas)

>Beef
Not Indian

>implying all Indians are Hindu

beef and pork are both uncommon in out of convenience but beef is much rarer than pork since cows are expensive to raise for meat and a lot more people get butthurt about it
But its ok though because goat and and chicken and especially pork are all better than beef anyway
but yeah if theres beef its probably bangladeshi or pakistani not indian

Do you guys have any recommendations when preparing your own curry? As far as curries containing meat, what are your favorite ways to prepare the meat before making the gravy?: add spices? or what?

Also, do you find powdered cardamon to be a substitute for whole cardamon seed? or are the tastes similar? I have prepared my own curries before thanks to the internet, but I am not satisfied. Also, when do you find is the best time to add fresh, wet chill's to the gravy?

or do dry chilies impart more flavor?

what a crap song. are there even any indians in that video?

It's pretty standard to marinate meats in spiced yogurt or milk, with lemon juice and salt to taste. It's convenient to do it overnight but you don't really need to do it more than a couple hours. I like adding ginger and sometimes whiskey too.

Not all US Indian places have vindaloo, though its getting more popular here in recent years

HAS to be a Thali. Should come with 5+ curries, rice, bread, pickle, a sweet, maybe a soupy thing. Indian food is best when you've got a variety of tastes and textures.

One curry isn't enough. Thali is the way to go, especially if you don;t know what you;re ordering, Might be hard finding this in North America though

Used to see thali dinners in Berkeley but hard to find elsewhere, but I agree, you want a taste of a few different items, it's the perfect solution.

This, I've always been a fan of lamb vindaloo.

No user, then we can't collectivize people

a few minutes after the onion for the chili addition

>but hard to find elsewhere
Your world is extremely small. Also get out of Berkley, its shit

I love saag, I could eat it every day. Goes good with any meat.

Vindaloo is Goan not Indian you pleb.

take the poo to the vindaloo

Masala is a spice mixture, just like a curry is just a sauce mixture, and a chutney is a relish. Thats why you are confused. I assume you mean chicken tikka masala.

Ive had good indian restaraunt food that is probabaly one of the best sining experiences ive ever had due to how good and fresh all the food was, but yes, most indian places suck. The generic super oily caterig style they all copy is so diagusting, but when you find a goos place run by a good chef that knows more than cruise ship buffet style cooking, you can find some great food

saag is good, so is aloo gobi, plus most meat curry dishes.

How do you eat indian food? Just put it over rice? Mush it all up and eat it together? When and how do I use the thin yogurt sauce? What do I eat on bread and what do I eat on rice? Please help me.

Where is Goa?

In India it's custom for either rice or bread and bread seemed more popular form my experience there. But eat it together if you like. Get nice Jasmine pilau rice or Sumin and pour ur sauce n meat over it, or not. I prefer making a Bombay sagaloo, basically Indian spiced potatoes n spinach, good shit.

Lamb Pattaya with pilau rice
Or
Chicken Ceylon

Probably some butthurt indian catholic who thinks he's better than everyone else because he has a "european" sounding name

spotted the singaporian lah

>In India it's custom for either rice or bread
There are some places in the north where people will eat just bread some in the south where they'll eat just rice but the general rule is that a complete meal has both rice and bread. There's not always time or resources for a full meal at home but if you're going to a restaurant you might as well get one.
Pretty much every restaurant that caters to Indian people has a thali except during the buffet. Some places give you the option during the buffet too. There are even a few traditional mess-style ones here and there that are all-you-can-eat thali-only, and often specialize in regional cuisines. There's a big world out there, bud. Get out of Berkeley and see.

welkhum frend