Who is America's foremost prose stylist?

Who is America's foremost prose stylist?

Gene Wolfe.

Damn, Lindsay Graham is getting fat.

John Green.

I remember when I started this meme.
The correct formulation is "Whom is America's foremost prose stylist?" btw.

Kek.

lindsey.. easy on the word salad

Lindsey... easy on McCain's salad.

:0

All time or alive?

> I am thirty

Thanks for the good highs chook memories /f/

You can't use "whom:" OP was right. "Who" refers to the subject, in this case it's the prose stylist. "Whom" doesn't make sense here, because whom refers to an object of a verb or preposition. So, if you wanted to use "whom" you could say "whom do you think is America's foremost prose stylist?"

how's the summer thing winston?

Time to go back bud

Time to go back, bud. Don't forget to put the comma to separate the person you're calling so it's not confusing. "Time to go back bud:" what's a "back bud?" You also forgot to end your sentence with a period.

Thomas Ligotti, and I don't even read horror stories anymore, not since my teen HPL phase, some 15-20 years back.

Obviously I could think of some pomo aesthetic justification for my grammatical choices but your shtick is so tired that calling you a fag will suffice.
Not knowing about the whom meme is just embarrassing though.

Pinecone, obviously

william vollman

You just posted him, OP.

Only when he wants to be. He changes styles so often that it doesn't always work. When he's on, he's fucking on, though.

Edmund White, even when he's writing trashy fanfiction tier stuff

You make this thread a lot, user. And always with Gass.

Gass writes like an edgy teenager. McCarthy easily takes the cake, and I don't even really like books. Blood Meridian pretty much went over my head and Pretty Horses seemed pointless, but his prose is definitely god-tier.