>high-brow
>sophisticated
>honest
>trust-worthy
>accurate
>informative
>PATRICIAN????
I prefer the Economist

Highbrow lit mags are regional quarterlies associated with top ranked schools. They typically have incredibly low circulation numbers and are propped up by the wealth of their school rather than profit

Even the NYRB, being a liberal spooked rag, is more patrician than that. The fucking Times literary supplement is more literary.

Patrician level is New Criterion, and the Paris Review.

The New Yorker is plebian. The writers are all numale jews who dont understand prose and fill their articles with irrelevant personal conjecture to make their lives seem more important.

Its also painfully establishment liberal, and i mean painfully so. Worse than the economist.

I like rain taxi. idk what brow it is tho.

Boom.

Standpoint magazine

New Yorker is for psueds who praise untalented retards like Franzen and Zadie Smith. In fact both of them are frequent NYer contributers.

Paris Review is actually good. Even if only for their "Art of ____" interviews

I don't think the New Yorker is for anybody, aren't like over half of their circulation to dentists and hair salons?

It would make a lot of sense. It's like the CNN of literary magazines.

To be fair It isn't like it's much different for other literary magazines, they all have really high unpaid circulation numbers.

>magazine for smug, 110-iq subaru driving liberals
>patrician
el oh el

They wrote like 5 articles trying to downplay the Charlie Hebdo attack, essentially saying that they deserved it.

Jacobite

that was easy

how do you get an unpaid subscription

Plebs.

Are there any magazines with similarly high levels of rigor to the New Criterion?

I know you mentioned The Paris Review, but I think of that as more a literary magazine

Jessie?

this But its only 4 a year, and i dunno about that especially since you can get it for free

Der Spiegel