The fact that this book of "poetry" is a best seller is proof that poetry is dead

the fact that this book of "poetry" is a best seller is proof that poetry is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BJ_nD6bAkq9/?taken-by=rupikaur_&hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I honestly prefer prose poetry but so many people just post the first paragraphs of a failed novel and call that a prose poem its insane

I used to hate this book because everyone in freshman lit read it. I read the other week, it's bad, but not in the same way I thought. If I were to do a book of poetry it would be similar, just some brief flashes of inspiration but never fully work through the compositions. I felt a lot of sympathy for this book because of that fact, that I felt that I would have produced the same book.

(Some of it is pretty comfy if still a bit cringy)

People don't care about poetry anymore. They just want 5 lines that really makes you think for 10 seconds.

I've always hated the contradiction of prose poetry. What's the point of writing poetry if you're not going to challenge yourself with meter and rhyme scheme?

everyone I work with is obsessed with it. I'm a professional writer and write poetry in my spare time, so when people find out I write poetry, they always ask me what I think about this book. I try to not be too much of a dork when it comes to poetry and lit in everyday life scenarios because you can alienate yourself pretty quickly. but I've never been able to hold in my contempt for this book of "poems" that resembles something written by an untrained 7th grader with nothing to say.

I understand there's an audience for it, but it's objectively crap.

Prose has its own subtle ryhms, but you also have stuff like sentence length and variations you can use to wildly different effects. Nobody said you couldn't apply meter or ryhme scheme either, it happens. The sheer level of possibilites make it so interesting.

the fact that this book of "poetry" was a best seller is proof that poetry died more than a century ago

>literally using a cliche as your title

jesus how does this stuff even clear the editors?
you couldn't get away with that in a freshman comp class

>"milk and honey" threads are the most popular poetry threads on Veeky Forums

I tried to start an alfred lord tennyson thread the other day and you fuckers thought I was posting about mike tyson.

poetry has been a fringe interest for a long time

>that resembles something written by an untrained 7th grader with nothing to say.

An untrained 7th grader would have a vague idea of what rhyme or form are, if not meter. These are literally tweets with enter pressed at random. Jaden Smith unironically has more insight than her.

>Vinceposting became legit

i tried so
hard and got
so far but in
the end it didn't even
matter

hitler
did nothing
wrong

i was a poem but you
took a shit on my street

rupi rupi face so droopy
hit the streets and make a poopy

wipe it bind it milk and honey
white girls buy it get that money

no matter words of jewish gallants
bindi bimbo has no talents

you can't always
get what you want but
you get what you
need

if i
write like this
all the
time
will i
have
a bestseller?

i was a hard drive
full of naked schoolgirls but you
were the fbi

two roads
diverged in the woods
and i
took the road less travelled by
and that has
made all the difference

--new poem.

what are you attempting to convey?

gas the fucking
kikes race war
now

Lmao!!!

she has some decent stuff, to be fair:

because
i am the size
of what i see
and not the size of
my body

Unironically better than most poems in the book.

Biologically, menustrating is the same thing as taking a shit or piss. You're literally expelling waste from your body and thinking this is something people need to see.

lmao

Viciously beautiful.

Everything is a NYtimes bestseller though.

Veeky Forums's poet rival to Rupoo in loo Kaur.

>They say two wrongs don't make a right. Thing is, three rights make a left and I've been driving without a map my whole life.

>it's a dog eat dog world out there, Ray, ans guess what? I'm the fucking Chinaman

women are memes

pretending
to be
hitler
on the internet
is fun

I need more of this.

I think Dante had it right.

I cant read old Italian so I wouldnt know.

imgur()com/a/N7pA
archive()4plebs()org/tv/thread/84028776/
all i have bookmarked

fucking kek'd, what a pleb

Even if you can't, I'm talking about his form of terza rima. It's like you get a taste of rigidly structured poetic verse that flows like prose thanks to the terza rima.

I see it now. Thanks!

instagram.com/p/BJ_nD6bAkq9/?taken-by=rupikaur_&hl=en

it's this entire damn spoken word/slam poetry mentality of poetry that makes this so cringeworthy. revive poetry by getting lost in the language and metaphor of its almost unobtainable meaning.

enter the void

My daddy
didn't love me that much
now i write
poetry

you see, milk and honey is actually a metaphor for sperm

Holy shit before I read the comment I thought it was a "poo in loo" meme photoshop.

>childish book filled with cheesy inspiration quotes
>look at reviews
>"so raw and beautiful"
>all women
>tfw nietzsche was right

holy shit I remember Vinceposting

good times

This gives off a really unnerving 'cultist' or 'TV evangelist' vibe.

>tfw you're a big brain boy

>it's a dog eat dog world out there, Ray, ans guess what? I'm the fucking Chinaman

I don't know shit about poetry. Why do poets break up their poems line by line in what seems like a nonsensical way?

it usually isn't nonsensical and most free-verse still has a basis in meter. but disregarding that line breaks force the reader to pause at the end of each and this emphasizes the last word of each line.

who is paying to fill Veeky Forums with these threads

If I posted me in my jizzed boxers after my wet dream will Instagram allow it?

>poetry
>best seller list
Are you sure it isn't you who is dead?