Lifeline

Hey Veeky Forums what goals do you set for yourself?

Get a PhD? Open a start-up and earn a lot of money? Create a big family?

Become a military? Become a politician and restore white supremacy? Become a Muslim and move to Egypt as Guenon did?

Maximize the reasonable amounts of pleasure for myself and those whom I love for the duration of my life, and alternately minimize suffering for the same.

I would like to have a traditional simple life with a loving wife and a big family but unfortunately that is no longer possible in our diseased society

I have that, its easy as long as you are living in a traditional community and not meeting randoms at college bars or on tinder.

Well the damage is done because I'm really really fucked up so it's probably no longer possible.

Also the idea of having kids just so they can be inescapably exposed to media and turned into interchangeable flesh robots for the degeneracy agenda is seriously frightening.

Literally move to a mountain town, join a church, get a job at a local coffee shop, and talk to people about what is in your life. Go to library book discussions, even if its with old ladies. They have granddaughters.

I was just talking to a raging feminist who claimed all men are predators. Turns out the only men she has met recently are on plenty of fish, reddit, and tinder. I think the same is true for the wizards of this community, the only women they "meet" are on twitter and youtube comments or randoms in college.

>unironically using plenty of niggers
She deserved what she got.

>Literally move to a mountain town, join a church, get a job at a local coffee shop, and talk to people about what is in your life. Go to library book discussions, even if its with old ladies. They have granddaughters.

The problem with doing this is the issue of authenticity.
I have a big issue with larping as a christian and treating a church as a meat market. I think it's fucked up to do that. And no I can't just meme myself into becoming an actual christian. I'm not opposed to religion but I lack the faith.

Also I can't talk about what is in my life because my life for the most part is unspeakable. Also I'm 28 and most people instantly want to know your history and it's not relatable to tell them that I've been shitposting and jacking off for the past 10 years.

There's a lot of roadblocks to this. If it was as easy as you say then we never would have stumbled in the first place.

Refusing to make a change is a good way to not change anything. Join the Salvation Army or something, and better the people around you. The reason you feel the way you do is because you are human, but not living as one.

Faggot

gay

you sound like someone who should unironically start listening to jordan peterson. yes, culture is degenerate and oppressive in some sense. but it has also given us some beautiful things like music, tolstoy, philosophy, etc. sit down and write out a plan for the next three years of your life. write this plan as if it was for someone you cared about. then follow that plan.

do the little things:
- try to go for a walk at least once a day
- try and talk to at least one person (in real life) once a day
- when negative thoughts pop up in your head, take a moment to examine them and figure out if they have any solid grounding in reality
- clean your room

also consider seeing a professional therapist and not getting all of your advice from a peruvian shadow puppet messageboard like this one. as for literature, i'll say that the my struggle series by karl ove knausgaard was both extremely fun to read and spiritually uplifting.

>get law bachelors degree (on the process)
>become a diplomat
>marry some qt who's chill and not slutty
>write some novels before I die
that's about all of it

following a plan makes me claustraphobic

I have major anxiety issues that hold me back.
I can't just meme my way out of it because it manifests itself bodily. I literally can't control my bowels when I get nervous and shit nonstop. This affects my presence in public situations in many ways.

>professional therapist

Maybe just read Marcus Aurelius and find some friends, maybe use meetup to find pen and paper players in the area.

get a phD in mathematics
gain 60 pounds; bench 2plate squat 3plate dead 4plate
improve cardio and flexibility
talk to girls

>pay off most of my amount of my debt.
> get a job that isnt menial labor
> go back to school and become formally educated math and philosophy.

Boys
Im not even quite religious
But I'm seriously considering dating an Amish woman. They seem to be as traditional as they get.

What do I do? I live right next to Lancaster

no move to philadelphia

There is an Amish community, about an hour away from New Hope, NJ. Inside Pa

-get my bachelors
-get braces
-get my bjj black belt
-teach abroad for at least a year
-finish and own main western canon
-bench 2 plates
-decide what part I want women to play in my life(getting married seems like giving up on ambitions)
-able to play hungarian rhapsody no 2 on piano
-1800 elo chess rating
-write novella
-legit century break in snooker
-figure out if I ever want offspring
-attend wimbledon
-learn how to die

Will I be shunned or unwelcomed?

>i'm a faggot striver

D: how will i recover

Well if you were smart you'd be able to intuitively understand the force of my meme but I guess you'll learn the hard way

thank yuo

Bro I'm literally trying to help you and you're putting on this air of sublime impenetrability.
Are you actually retarded?
Your post reads like some status-seeking checklist you wrote down while manic. I never saw so much compensation in my life. Half of them are positively absurd.

- Take a few months off to do nothing but travel, write, and read.
- Regularly post on a blog that people actually read.
- Get married.
- Publish a novel.
- Raise 2+ children.
- Take intensive psychadelics (DMT or Lady A, whichever one I can get my hands on first).
- Become Veeky Forums.
- Continue to read at least 12 books a year.
- Create a bunch of dumb indie games that make people smile.
- Write an academic article on Tolkien or Borges.
- Start homesteading.
- Teach either computer science or creative writing.

These seem good enough for the time being. Hopefully as I age new goals will appear.

I'm more than halfway on most of them m8?

lol

So you have a 900 chess rating?
Wow seems like I'm dealing with a real intellectual titan!

>more than halfway
Im 1680 but I've hit a ceiling the last two years. I have no knack for chess but it brings me pleasure. What's your deal btw?

Just finding a way to live until I die naturally without being in constant despair. Having a successful career, or a romantic relationship, or creating some kind of worthwhile literary work are all now obviously not going to happen. I don't have any "goals" as such, it's too late and life will never be satisfying or worth living. Since I'm too much of a coward to kill myself, I just hope I find a way to minimize the pain of continuing to live.

A career as a novelist. A boyfriend. And plenty of money to live a decent life.

>What's your deal btw?

Was trying to save you from your own delusions

I want to try and join a SOF unit, I work out very hard and do extremely long runs several times a week
Deep down I know id probably break at the first trial because im not very tough
They also probably dont take kissless virgins who cant hold a conversation

>2 semesters left
>have my blue belt
>own and have read maybe a quarter of western canon
>bench 175
>been taking piano for 3 yrs now
>1680 elo
>have gotten a few 70 breaks

Wat is delusional?

Fucking vague

Yes, I wish to become a military.

>Wat is delusional?

The idea that you're going to be a international jet-setting Chad virtuoso pianist Class A chess player novelist.

I can't tell if you're actually this retarded or just trolling. This is the type of 19-20 year old stupidity that could go either way.
I think the thing that triggers me the most is that all your "goals" are superficial memes. "Able to play hungarian rhapsody no 2" is one of the most absurd things I've ever read on this site, not because it demands literal virtuosity but because it has no relation to actual piano playing as such. It's like everything on your list is just things that you thought other people will find impressive. It's sickening. I've lost interest in your little charade though so this will be my last reply.

1680 is an absolute shit rating btw and no where near half of 1800 in anything other than a numerical sense. That you think it's more than half way to 1800 just shows how shallow your understanding of your own goals even is. You can get to 1600 literally just by not blundering.

-take and pass grade 8 violin
-learn a fourth and fifth language
-achieve my totally unambitious career
-keep playing piano
-learn fantasie improptu on piano
-read some more books
-write the nonfiction novel that ive been drafting

not really a goal because its so unrealistic but since i was twelve it was my dream to enter the olympics as a volleyball player. i;m young enough that i can keep playing and maybe get better.

my goal is to live a life of virtue in accordance with nature

be happy. for me that means having a place to live (near nature), having a job i enjoy and the means to pursue my collections, hobbies and social life without having to worry about money.
bonus: make fuckin' billions

at least a year
>international jet-setting
decently fit
>chad
write novella, not publish
>novelist
achieve 120 more elo in 50 yrs
>absurd

Hungarian rhapsody 2 is one of my fav pieces ever. Maybe this is my most far fetched but why do you frown at setting a high bar? It took my piano teacher 10 yrs of playing before he could play it and I have a lifetime.
And superficial? Everything on my list brings me pleasure you filthy not fit pseudo lit nigger. Scratch off masturbate 2 more times today, pencil in a visit to the rope store, and get it over with

>learn German
>publish novel
>go to top tier grad school for PhD in Philosophy

>Obtain my M.D. and become a Psychiatrist.
>Move to Europe and marry a tall woman (I'm 6'5'').
>finish reading the major Hindu texts and Plato/Kant/Schopenhauer
>try the remaining psychedelics that I have yet to try
>raise at least 2 preferably 3 kids
>to continue working on my art and have it be exhibited in galleries and submit it to be displayed at art festivals
>raise my kids well and leave a good inheritance for them

My dream is to be a great and widely read writer. I want to create works that celebrate truth and beauty, works that are read long after I've died. Particularly, one of my goals is to write a great masterpiece, something on the level of the Divine Comedy, Hamlet, or Moby-Dick.

Relatedly, I want to continue to progress in my Catholic faith. I'd like to try as hard as possible to live a saintly life, fully in accord with the teachings of the Church.

It takes a lot of skill and practice to stop blundering in any game or sport. So what if he's shooting for the stars? Maybe he only gets 50% of the way to his goals, but at least he'll be well-rounded and interesting with most of his life ahead of him. You're just a bitter cunt willing to drag others down because you wasted your own life.

>My dream is to be a great and widely read writer
This is the dream of literally every Veeky Forums shitposter desu, good luck with that

>become a writer
>be able to live of writing alone
>get a gf
>marry this gf
>buy a house
>have children
>die old and content

I don't ask for much, do I?

>worlds first trillionaire, making my fortune from Transformers erotica fan fiction
>10 pack abs
>a Lamborghini limousine monster truck with mounted machine gun turret and heat seeking and a mini helicopter pad on the roof and cup holders big enough to fit my big gulp
>a property bigger than an airfield and invite people I hate so I can run them over and shoot them with my vehicle. There are no traffic laws on private property so vehicular manslaughter is legal here.
>cause at least 10 endangered species to become completely extinct, leaving a rose at the scene of every animal murder
>lose virginity

I'm making decent progress. I'm halfway done with my first fanfic book, I have a 2-pack abs (20% there in almost no time), I've visualized the Lamborghini monster truck using The Secret at least 10 times, I've researched some property online, I throw contaminated food into the tiger exhibits of all the local zoos, and a girl looked at me this week. I'd say in about 2 years I'll achieve my goals

I think they're pretty cool with outsiders as long as you follow custom and contribute

Khabib future champ, his only competition is tony. Conor is honestly only 4th best in LW

mods, ban this normie

>Stop being depressed and anxious
>take control of my destiny, whatever it may be
>learn to go with the flow and not get toppled by every day problems
>don't get roped into mainstream trends or morality
>leave time to think
>stop playing so many video games
>stop smoking weed
>stop masturbating
>stop eating so much meat and dairy, and processed foods
>learn to cook, learn first aid, becoming more physically and mentally fit
>have kids with my gf and raise them well
>die without major regrets

Become a good man
Marry a good woman
Join to church
Write a book

My favorite post.

I just wanna chill man. Maybe write some poetry... I dunno...

This made me chuckle. God bless.

Fuckin musicians, jet troopers and chess players

I hate you

Attain a working understanding of western philosophy
Get Veeky Forums
Experience love
Find a job I enjoy, or at the very least within a field I find interesting or significant

I want a modest girlfriend, a 1 plate shoulder press, a 2 plate bench press, a 3 plate squat and a 4 plate deadlift. I want to work manual labor until I decide to off myself.

Cool. Now go shit outside and kill a rival tribemember.

I approve of What I want
>Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, optional EA or CERA as well depending on where I work
>Black belt in judo or BJJ
>Happilly married father of 4, clean and orderly household
>Able to play a variety of Bach, Beethoven, Chopin piano pieces (probably not autistically hard pieces, don't feel like shelling out for lessons)
>Perfect skin, good sense of fashion

Literally me