Of all the boards on this site, why is Veeky Forums of all places the most Christian one...

Of all the boards on this site, why is Veeky Forums of all places the most Christian one? This is the supposed gathering place of intellectuals, Veeky Forumserates, people who ask the big questions and aren't afraid of the answers.

I mean, do you really believe in:

- a global flood (no evidence supports this)
- the Exodus (again, no evidence)
- creation ex nihilio
- a creation story that directly contradicts empirical evidence
- some Middle Eastern guy that healed sicknesses like lepracy and raised dead people, who died on the Cross and got resurrected on the third day

Also, do you really want to worship a god who:

- killed children because they called a bald guy bald
- forgives rape, murder, genocide but won't forgive talking against him, just like some juvenile school boy
- is against homosexuals, but finds polygamy and child marriage to be A-OK
- won't heal children of cancer even though they did literally nothing to deserve this. I know, I know, "MUH FREE WILL", but how exactly would healing children of diseases go against free will
- is sexist
- punishes people with eternal hell fire despite them only doing a finite amount of sins
- says to love you unconditionally, but throws you in hell if you don't happen to meet some conditions?

And while I'm at it, what about all the failed predictions? And things that are factually wrong, like the sun orbiting against the earth?

>inb4 "MUH FAITH"

It annoys the shit out of me that the supposed bastion of Western literature discussion is so full of Christfags.

If you have to follow a religion, why don't you follow the most patrician one, namely philosophical Buddhism? Why something so vile like Christianity?

it isn't. Veeky Forums is more christian, also you're retarded.

>"you're retarded"
citation needed, bro.

You're a faggot. Look, I can make an assertive statement as well.

I am a little concerned that you think juvenile school boys routinely forgive rape, murder and genocide

Nice way of not engaging with the point.

The whole post, especially the image speaks out like a 15 year old.

>Also, do you really want to worship a god who:
>- killed children because they called a bald guy bald
>- forgives rape, murder, genocide but won't forgive talking against him, just like some juvenile school boy
>- is against homosexuals, but finds polygamy and child marriage to be A-OK
>- won't heal children of cancer even though they did literally nothing to deserve this. I know, I know, "MUH FREE WILL", but how exactly would healing children of diseases go against free will
>- is sexist
>- punishes people with eternal hell fire despite them only doing a finite amount of sins
>- says to love you unconditionally, but throws you in hell if you don't happen to meet some conditions?
well, it makes for great theatre

>>Also, do you really want to worship a god who blablabla
If there is an afterlife, all the suffering on Earth can be forgiven immediatly. A rape is nothing once you can experience divine bliss for eternity, outside of space and time.

Start with the Greeks, you fool. That's a pretty uneducated and flimsy notion of the divine.

Of all the boards on this site, why is Veeky Forums of all places the one you chose to shitpost on?

>If there's an afterlife
>If there is
>IF

Pinky, are you false-flagging with bad arguments to build the faith of the board again?

>Of all the boards on this site, why is Veeky Forums of all places the most Christian one
Proposition is false, there are more Christians on almost every other board.
Terminate your thread immediately.

If there is no God and no afterlife, then you've got no one to blame.
If there is a God and there is an afterlife, then the suffering on Earth is nothing compared to a literally perfect existence.
If there is a God and there's no afterlife I don't know what to tell you: I guess he is just an asshole.

New Testament is great stuff, and an ideal moral compass, and following the precepts of Jesus of Nazareth will lead to a moral, just life and affirm your faith through acts. I dont hold parley with the demiurge, so your underlying assumptions are false.

Is this bait or are you a legit old school (2013 era) fedora?

You seem like you'd really appreciate Ready Player One. Also George Carlin wrote some great books for special kids just like you.

This is the ultimate pseud post.

>not getting that religion could be about something other than belief (e.g. decision-making)
>not understanding the concept of allegory

You might want to consider reading. This is a literature board. Opinions should at least vaguely relate to the dialectic that has been had over thousands of years in literature on the topic in question. Instead you've provided the most misguided, superficial understanding of religion imaginable

Either read some fucking books or kill yourself

Argue against it.

If that's true than why do we need religion at all?

because even if there is no god, religion is a part of the human psyche.

I don't follow the old testament. I just follow the gospel which contains no serious errors.

Pascals Wager and intelligent design argument is enough for me.

>"New Testament is great"
> is homophobic
> is sexist
> is full of unfulfilled prophecies
rofl

Oh, really? Then how do you explain that the gospels don't agree with each other, for example, the genealogy of Jesus?

gotta be more subtle than that, pal
you're not baiting /pol/ here

>Paul is the New Testament

Read James, Matthew and Mark

I said serious errors. Those can be excused as what happens when multiple people hear the same story and make a mistake when retelling it. The message itself appears to be without error.

Pascals Wager is a shit tier argument. What if Islam is true?

>All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

That includes Paul and the OT, come to think of it.

Islam is clearly a religion which deliberately stole ideas from others for material and political gain.

Also, I guess God would forgive you if you believe in either Islam or Christ due to the divine threat shared (due to thievery), but I don't believe in Islam.