Desperation Meals

What sort of culinary abominations has starvation driven you to make?

Other urls found in this thread:

eater.com/2013/2/12/6481049/the-culinary-disaster-aboard-a-cruise-ship-lost-at-sea
washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/19/carnival-cruise-hell-featured-movie-night-bingo-an/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have never truly been hungry or without desirable food in my life

rice.

I don't understand the question.

>being THIS american

Obsessed.
Also a lot of americans live in poverty given their population, do I'd argue they know more about desperation and starvation than yourself.

Who the hell eats ice cubes on a sandwich?

It's a facebook meme.

I chug salad dressing when I'm out of food

once when homeless I drank a bottle of mustard

I know on a carnival cruise that lost all power due to some fire in the engine room, and was lost at sea, serve ketchup and onion sandwiches to the passengers for days on end.

The hallways were filled with piss, poop, and puke, as people were using them as restrooms since the toilets stopped working.

Imagine having no lights, being trapped with a bunch of people who are pssing, puking, and crapping in the hall outside your door, and only having onion and ketchup sandwiches to eat.

eater.com/2013/2/12/6481049/the-culinary-disaster-aboard-a-cruise-ship-lost-at-sea

I'll put a piece of cheese on some wonder bread nuke it in the microwave and pour gravy on it.

>spaghetti with salt and olive oil was a staple
>wheat with tomato sauce
>lots of bread
>lots of olive oil
>smoking and water to reduce hunger
I was on a budget of 40 euro per week which is enough but I often did dumb shit. Now that I eat a lot and stopped smoking I gained a lot of muscle.

You have to be retarded, an abused child whose parents blow the food stamps on steaks to sell for cigs, or stranded in the wilderness to actually starve in america.

Why didn't you beg outside for food or ask restaurants for their leftovers of the day?

Why wouldn't they piss, shit, and puke into the sea?

They might fall overboard if they put their asses over the rail, probably some conservation laws or something as well, but it happened... ask them why they were taking shits in the halls.

Why didn't your parents or relatives or friends take you in and feed you?

Or you could've put an ad on craigslist for people with sexual fetishes, like let someone who has a diaper fetish put you in a crib, diaper you, and feed you, or people wioth foot fetishes to suck on your toes for a burger and some fries, ya know?

Worst I can think was when I had to eat uncooked ramen blocks and MREs when hiking once because the stove broke and was low on water. Not like you really care what you eat when hiking though.

checked

You live in a messed up world.

My parents were out shopping and I was too young to be able to cook cook so I got two pieces of bread, some A1 steak sauce, and a mini 3 musketeers bar. Hong Kong Phooey was on the tv as I ate that sandwich.

I lost my job and I would go downtown at lunch and see what kind of leftovers I could get out of the trash. It was kind of thrill to find something nice. Chipotle and Subway were the best hauls and there were always waffle fries at the trash can by Chik-fil-a. Also, there were some abandoned sliders and boneless wings from Hooters. Never got sick once.

I have enough money to buy food now but I still get the urge to go dumpster diving.

>obsessed
haha:d
haha obsessed haha :D
u r obsessed haha :d
obsessed :D

I wasn't super poor but poor enough I had to buy very cheap groceries. But anyway I was a grad student under a lot of pressure to perform, so I was basically doing research every waking minute I had. I couldn't afford to buy food on campus and I felt like I didn't have enough time to make a real meal (pretty dumb I know) but I used to add raw oatmeal to cold water, swirl it around, and then just drink it. I ate this for at least 2 meals a day everyday for weeks just because it was fast and cheap. Always felt like puking after. Fucking stupid of me.

I should have done that, I'd lend small amounts of money from friends to buy some food.

Moneys kinda tight but it works

onion "soup"

two onions cooked in water with a little salt.

>can afford salt

Wow does your butler cook it for you to

>I'd argue they know more about desperation and starvation than yourself.
Our poor people are our fattest.
Being "poor" in the US just means you can't afford anything remotely healthy.

This nigga legit. He so poor, he can't afford the second "o" in "too".

Curried cauliflower.

Rice and mustard

Ice would rob you of calories by lowering your internal temperature, therefore starving your further.

>hotdog sandwich
cooked hotdogs between two slices of white bread, with some ketchup, mustard, and if I'm feeling fancy, a slice of cheese

I actually don't mind eating it.

Do you get that urge when not hungry? Also could you describe it? Do you suddenly go into like a instinctual scavenger mode?

oman someone triggered tumblr

Put your finger on it

I ate nothing but millet for a week once.
Yes it was a bag of bird seed.

Can't, ate it last night. But it was real.

>american
haha:d
haha american haha :D
u r american haha :d
american :D

Did it taste good?

microwave an egg on bread that has butter/creamcheese. lather the other slice of bread with mayo and you just created a 2 minute egg sandwich.

My go to is white rice with an egg or two cracked and mixed in and nuked a little bit. Costs like 20 cents at the high end if you include butter or other shit.

>Do you get that urge when not hungry?
Yes, and terribly enough, my job is busboy.

>Also could you describe it? Do you suddenly go into like a instinctual scavenger mode?

It is... surreal.

Nice get

... What the fuck!?

Cannulated cows, they use them to study the quality of what they eat.

Not true. Poor people just generally make poor decisions regarding their health. It's easy and to buy ingredients for healthy meals.

I...I actually like uncooked ramen. Sprinkle about half of the seasoning on both bricks after separating them and it's sort of like eating chips.

poor man's welsh rarebit
probably pretty good

what the motherfuck is this

I saw an adult eating cereal once.

Pretty cool & I'm sure people have learned a lot from it, which is great since industrial agriculture and meat production is legit the most awful shit for our environment, but it sure is sad seeing that cow walking around in the field with shit sloshing out of her plug

Well, they usually close it. But now that you mention it I'm sure there's stupid farmhand somewhere that forgot to close the plug. What would happen when the cow lays down. What if it rolled on it's back?

wat

fucking cabbage
it's half decent just fried, goes well with rice or pasta and if you ferment it you won't get a scurvy, ever. That is some extreme poorfagggorty tho I think 100% of poorfags here are frozen pizza ""poor"".

gas tank.

A box of macaroni tossed in raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing.

they can they just dont

dumb=fat=poor

Barbecue sauce on pasta.

>barbecue sauce
Am I the only one who hates it? I find it far too sweet.

In my experience working at a hotel in a relatively large port city, most cruise ship passengers are fat and stupid. They're basically the human equivalent of cattle, so they either didn't consider it, weren't physically capable of doing it or were told not to and obeyed even though the alternative was far worse.

I mean granted, being poor correlates a lot with dumb decision-making, but a lot of the urban poor (which is probably most poor people) live in so-called "Food deserts" where all the nearby stores are the kinds that don't sell many perishables.

That captain should be been shot and hanged. I would have gone full sea pirate and given guest's a ration of water with alcohol, bread, and any foods that would soon expire. Then, I'd have my crew make sure that any subhuman hallway shitters were made to walk the plank.

What exactly is that between the bread?

I was on a Caribbean cruise and it was my first time being exposed to large numbers of Americans in person. Make no mistake about it, the memes are real.

nice maté

Are those options superior to drinking mustard in you opinion?

The passengers were apparently playing it up for the cameras, probably so they could sue later:

washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/19/carnival-cruise-hell-featured-movie-night-bingo-an/

>Frustrated passengers regaled the nation with tales of food shortages, overflowing toilets and dank, sewage-filled hallways — an experience Mr. Draut said he and his wife certainly did not share.

>“We only had a small amount of water on our bathroom floor, we had running water — no hot water — and plenty of food,” Mr. Draut said. “The conditions on the ship were not as bad as you were led to believe.”

>The passenger even uploaded photos to his Facebook and Flickr accounts of plates full of food, makeshift comedy shows and singalongs.

>He posted photos of resupply ships, which delivered food and ice for the passengers and crew. The “onion sandwich” myth came about, he said, because some people were loading up their burgers with extra meat.

>Mr. Draut, who holds a degree in journalism, said that on the last night before docking, he was waiting in line to charge his phone and overheard two girls talking with the media.

>“I was eating chicken fajitas and shrimp cocktails. They’re sitting in deck chairs charging their phones and telling some TV station how god-awful it was,” he said. “It was not god-awful.”

Shit like potatoes, onions, and eggs are so fucking cheap you have to be retarded not to utilize them. Rice especially is also extremely cheap at any chink store.

People will pay an insane amount of money to fulfill their niche fetishes.

I think it's a hot-pocket

Growing up my mom would make lettuce sandwiches. Not for dinner, mind you, but it was just white bread, mayo, lettuce (off the head, ofcourse) ans salt n pepper. Actually quite enjoyable, good mouthfeel. Maybe it's just the nostalgia.

I used to make BLTs until I eventually just realized I didn't need the bacon at all.

jesus christ americans are truly degenerates

how the fuck do you even get food from there

the dumpsters are disgusting as fuck from the outside

They were Indian

>flour
>water
>sugar
Kind of crappy pancakes, seared on pan. Lived with such as dinner for a week.

You have no idea what you're talking about

If you're hungry your hungry and wouldn't you loved to be paid just for someone to suck on your toes or diaper you and you don't have to lift a finger?

So many crappy suggestions. i used to just dumpster dive the main grocery chain around my neighbourhood for stuff that survives dumpsters.

You don't save money, you find free money.
I had days where I'd get shit like 20 pounds of pasta only expired by a couple of days still packaged.

No yeast :(

That's propaganda by Carnival Cruises to try and discredit guest claims. They wanted just to give people a free pass on another Cruise, no payment or anything, so of course they're going to try and spin it for their benefit.

McDonalds did the same thing to the woman who spilled coffee on herself, they had ignored for years hundreds of complaints about the coffee being too damn hot, and the woman just asked that they pay her medical bills which was actually not all that expensive, they refused, she took them to court, and the jury was so outraged by Mcdonald's We don't give a fuck attitude that they decided they wanted to awared the lady two days worth of McDonalds Coffee sales, that amount of course was severly decreased, but McDonalds spent a ton of money trying to spin the story to make the woman look like a con artist and it worked.

Never trust corporate narratives, it's usually bunk in order for them to make bank.

prove it jew

>>Mr. Draut, who holds a degree in journalism,

Spotted the liar.

He doesn't have to buy salt it's from his tears falling while he chopped the onions.

Lived off of hardtack for a while, its very enjoyable to eat.
Though you need to eat a lot of fiber with it or else it will back you up something fierce

>hundreds of complaints about the coffee being too damn hot
Except that's still bullshit. You buy it, you're responsible for what happens to you with it. Lowes sells a hammer that can break the fuck out of my thumb but if I hit myself with it that's still my fault.
>muh corporate narrative
contrarians pls go.

I regularly have pasta with various condiments.
Feel lots of regret and shame every time.

where do i get a jesus toaster and how will it benefit me

my best dishes usually come out when i have limited ingredients.

the one time i had almost literally nothing, though, it was sautéed onions inside a tortilla with bbq and hot sauce. truly depressing

Except at the time, McDonalds both didn't warn customers buying their coffee that their coffee was the temperature of napalm, and also, they were selling fucking coffee napalm. McDonalds was in the wrong, you fat, gluttonous fuck.

>buy coffee
>expect it to not be hot
>drop it directly on your genitals
>wahhh lawsuit pls gib monee

Cows don't ever lay on their back. They just lay on their stomach, but they stand most of the time anyway.

Also that cow probably doesn't go out to pasture much so they can better monitor what it's eating.

more like
>buy coffee
>expect it to be hot
>accidentally spill it on yourself
>proceed to get third degree burns

HUH MAYBE COFFEE DOESNT NEED TO BE 88 °C

I eat lots of peanut butter & almond butter sandwiches. Cheap, energy dense can be decent in protein if one gets the right kind of bread.

>>accidentally spill it on yourself
>accidentally
>spill
>on yourself
Huh! It's almost like it was entirely your fucking fault. But you're right, maybe it doesn't need to be that hot, after all the gun pressed to my head every morning forcing me to get coffee at mcdicks is too goddamn scary for me to avoid this in any way. Fuck off commie scum.

>people frequently spill their coffee
>make your coffee hot enough to seriously injure someone and fuse their genitals together even though it doesn't need to be anywhere near that hot
>surprise surprise, someone spilled the ludicrously hot coffee and injured themselves
>fuck how are we getting held accountable for this bros nooooooooooo
MMmmm I love corporate cock the only person who could possibly be against a corporation doing something stupid is a communist I have no argument please give me more semen my corporate jewish overlords

>>people frequently spill their coffee
Those people should stop being such clumsy cunts then. What you do with a product after you've bought and paid for it is entirely your responsibility. What coffee you buy, and by extension the temperature that it's at is again entirely your responsibility, the lawsuit was frivolous trash and encouraging that attitude further divorces the mouthbreathers in our society of ever having to face consequences for a single thing they do.
>oh you dropped coffee in your lap and got burned? here's a million dollars
>oh you got a worthless college degree and drove yourself 50k in debt at the age of 23? it's k, we'll just forgive those loans
>oh you didn't bother to use birth control and now have 3 shitty trash children to go with your shitty trash life? Here's a bunch of money to raise them and a cushy TLC show to show teenage girls around the country that it's not that weird to be pregnant at 16
Fuck you and everyone like you. You think you can hide your sniveling and whining under the guise of bland as shit anti-corporatism with a light peppering of edgy /pol/ antisemitism so you can fit on 4chin.com and it's fucking pathetic.