Mario Batali Sexual Misconduct

Turns out our favourite chef is a rapist gang!

time.com/5058284/mario-batali-sexual-misconduct-allegations/?xid=gonewsedit&google_editors_picks=true

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sgda4xMEMj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never liked him. He was always weird

I don't even bother talking to women anymore unless it's my gf or in a professional setting with others.

No reason to.

Same. Don't even make eye contact in public anymore desu.

Well that's just stupid. Are you so dumb you don't know how to interact with women without being inappropriate?

why take the risk?
understand that false accusations of sexual misconduct carry the same social penalties as if you actually committed the act

it's for your own good to avoid people that have the ability to get you in trouble.

>abbo

ahaha.

As long as your not groping women it wont problem m8

I don't even want to risk it. I've had friends tell me they get creeped out by simple eye contact and a smile. I have no need to interact with random women anyway

While I don't disagree with your sentiment - frankly, people who aren't related to me or aren't close personal friends are just meat robots I do business with - you realize the important bit in all of these is the fuckers always ADMIT IT as soon as they're accused.

Fuck he admitted to it, Batali, my boy. Another great man extinguished.

>he admitted to it
this is the thing. they always admit it. They keep admitting it. It's not like they're being accused, denying it, and getting crucified by the accusation anyway. THey keep pleading no contest.

Who the fuck is teaching these people it's OK to grope someone?

>great man
What made him so great?

>women

That's the most surprising part to me. I keep thinking he's a fruitcake. Although, didn't he get in trouble before for taking people's tips?

Power is a hell of a drug

youtube.com/watch?v=Sgda4xMEMj0

the spppaghheeeettiiii andaa thea meaatbaballl italianoooo pizzaaaa gang!

These 'news stories' are always so empty. Allegations, claims; but no actual charges filed or legal matter brought up.
It's character assassination. Also who the fuck is mario batali never heard of him.

>character assassination
This. Media outlets get off on shit like this. They can report on in to their heart's content and there's no lengthy trials to wait around for. I'm ready for this fad to be over.

Why the fuck would you? There is litterally nothing to gain.

I kind of enjoy it when hypocritical shits like Ben Affleck gets knocked down a peg. And it's not as if the media doesn't have its own harassers like Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose. The latter of the two being shocking to me.

I have a great gf who i love and plan on marrying. Ive had gf's in the past and i like to think im capable of average to better than average social skills.

that being said: once you get into your late 20s the idealism of having friends of the opposite sex disappears, nor do I even want to have other friends (beyond my gf) who are women. If they're single it's even worse. The only way men and women are capable of having a friendship without the intrusion of sexual tension is if 1.) there is a massive difference in attractiveness and both parties know this 2.) one is gay 3.) the woman in question is dating one of your friends and you only see them while on a date with your own SO, 4.) professional setting where there are obvious lines to not be crossed.

Once a lot of women turn 25 they go crazy if they're not in a relationship. Suddenly everything is someone else's fault and you never know when that projection of their own unhappiness will fall on some dimwitted guy who's not smart enough to know that these harpy's are time bombs. It's not worth risking your career over some inane one-way "friendship" while "Debra in HR" bitches about why she can't find a good guy.

It's all onesided. IMO women and men need to get married much earlier to avoid all this shit. This whole notion of "finding yourself" and "soulmates" is retarded. Humans are not that complicated when it comes to sex.

Flawed men are still capable of great work. While most of his empire is too upscale for my taste I've been to a few of his places, and the food was excellent. Plus I'm old enough to remember the first seasons of Molto Mario, and that show was a fucking gift. At a time when most Americans weren't all that aware of the differences between regional Italian cuisine and Italian American cooking there he was on TV, explaining those nuances while walking you through a lot of very good recipes.

Obviously success, power and fame give him a sense of entitlement that led to bad behavior. That undercuts him as head of an empire. You can't be at the helm of an empire if that's how you treat the women under you. But that does not undercut his knowledge, the quality of the food at his establishments or his recipes, all of which are top notch.

Agreed. I've never met a girl past the age of 20 who just wanted to be friends.

I wish I was a woman so I could accuse anyone of sexual misconduct rape.

Feels bad man.

Aaaay, it's Mario heeee-ya...who wants to handle my uh meatballs and then have some Italian sausage?

I with it was Bobby Flay.

>It's character assassination
so? maybe they shouldn't act like creeps

That will happen the day women decide not to be gold digging whores.

>that being said: once you get into your late 20s the idealism of having friends of the opposite sex disappears, nor do I even want to have other friends (beyond my gf) who are women. If they're single it's even worse. The only way men and women are capable of having a friendship without the intrusion of sexual tension is if 1.) there is a massive difference in attractiveness and both parties know this 2.) one is gay 3.) the woman in question is dating one of your friends and you only see them while on a date with your own SO, 4.) professional setting where there are obvious lines to not be crossed.

correct.

>Once a lot of women turn 25 they go crazy if they're not in a relationship. Suddenly everything is someone else's fault and you never know when that projection of their own unhappiness will fall on some dimwitted guy who's not smart enough to know that these harpy's are time bombs. It's not worth risking your career over some inane one-way "friendship" while "Debra in HR" bitches about why she can't find a good guy.

sounds like you met some fucked up bitches and project hard.

>It's all onesided. IMO women and men need to get married much earlier to avoid all this shit. This whole notion of "finding yourself" and "soulmates" is retarded. Humans are not that complicated when it comes to sex.

hm. maybe. i still prefer to be around (1) women i actually care about without having the obligation to marry. i don´t need that shit in my life even though it´s not as fucked here as in the us of a (regarding divorce/alimony)

It isn't character assassination if you've actually done shit that would destroy your career because you figured you could get away with it.
In Batali's case it's been something of an open secret. That's what this is really about. Guys with fame and power have been getting away with shit like this because nobody called them on their shit. Some industries are notoriously worse than others in this regard, and the hospitality and entertainment industries are examples of where these kind of open secrets are commonplace. Politics is another. And I think we've hit a kind of critical mass of people finding that unacceptable. This kind of shit is pretty entrenched, so I'd say you can probably expect a lot more stories like this in the future. A lot of powerful men behave badly because they assume they can get away with it. Nothing wrong with calling them on that shit.

>all these incels
Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking

you can't trust a post, when it comes from a roast

>i like to think im capable of average to better than average social skills.

>that being said: once you get into your late 20s the idealism of having friends of the opposite sex disappears

Pick one bro. I think actually quite sad if you don't know a single man who isn't able to maintain stable friendships with women.

And I don't even mean that as a personal insult

How would you get a new gf if you lost yours?

>sounds like you met some fucked up bitches and project hard.

I don't think I am. I've had friends that were women when I was younger. It's usually a one way relationship. They just want the validation and emotional support a relationship offers without having to put in any effort. It's a psychologically perverted friendship in most cases. Also when a woman pulls that old trope about "having lots of guy friends" it usually means she can't play nicely with others because 1.) she is a huge slut 2.) dysfunctional

It's not that I couldn't. I just don't want to. Why would I? It's exhausting.

He's italian, what did you expect?

Go back to the meat grinder that is modern dating or stay single for a bit. I've never been deceitful about my intentions with women. I never tell them I'm into it for friendship.

Fuck, I never even did the hook up culture thing. I just found a girl I was interested in, started a conversation and saw where it went. If I could see it was gonna go down the tubes I'd shut it down.

Seeking friendship with women outside of the conditions I already mentioned leads to 1.) a relationship 2.) an entirely onesided relationship where you become her shrink

I wish you were a woman so you could get raped by Mario Batali.

aah. i see. you are absolutely right, it seems i misread the post

no worries my dude

It's unfortunate that many of us can't, and worse, don't want to view women and human. Instead of seeing another person they see the lable 'woman' or 'nigger' and stop there. We're literally all from the same place, why bother splitting us up? Fun fact, active negativity actually makes your own life and headspace worse. All you're doing is making your own bindings tighter.

>Seeking friendship with women outside of the conditions I already mentioned leads to 1.) a relationship 2.) an entirely onesided relationship where you become her shrink
This has not been my experience. But I live in a city and have a a few different social circles I run with, so I have a lot of women friends. Our friendships are based around common interests (usually music, food, wine), knowing a lot of the same people so we see each other often in social situations and enjoying each other's company. None of these women seek emotional validation from me because most of them are in relationships, and those who aren't have their girlfriends for that. A couple of them flirt with me, but I keep that to a minimum because I'm happy in my current relationship. Aside from a couple I sometimes work with I don't hang out with them one on one like I do with my male friends, but I see them often enough at dinners, parties and other events that they're actual friends, and not just women I know.

>doesn't like the nature of reality
>injects their own sunshines and daisies ideology
>"HURR DURR EDUCATE YOURSELF, WE'RE ALL THE SAME"

lol, nice. You're a woman aren't youl

To be fucked by Mario Batali... It must really take a toll. You're telling yourself you're doing it for your career - actually convincing yourself that you want this - but every part of you is resisting. Every muscle, every neuron in your brain, is revolted. His trail of cold, slimy saliva all over your quivering feet. His sausage fingers, probing and greasy. He takes them out of you and slurps at them as he did after devouring the "Osso Buco with Toasted Pine Nut Gremolata" that some intern brought to him, just before your 'contract negotiation' began.

Afterwards, you know that he owns your body, but not your soul. You lost a part of it; threw it away rather than let him have it. You're just a bit more hollow now. It wasn't worth it. If you could go back and tell yourself not to do it, the younger one would tell you to buck up. This is everything you've worked for. How bad could it be?

So you're forced to replay every sordid encounter, willing the memory to change, just once. You lie awake in bed, wondering if it was rape. If in forcing yourself to stay still, maybe you raped yourself? You wonder if you could give all of this up. If it came to light that you let him do... that... to you in exchange for your fame you'd be ripped to pieces in the media. No amount of apologies to fans, or rehab or charity work would undo it. Even suicide wouldn't cleanse you. You'll never be able to forget. Never be free.

At least you've made it on the Food Network.

>None of these women seek emotional validation from me because most of them are in relationships

This is more of an aquiantiance. You're asking for trouble with this though.

Their is an unwritten code when having a girlfriend, to stop have friends who are girls.
It just feels weird. I have no need to talk to other women, it will only ever cause tension.
If im not slinging dick im not gonna talk to you.

>trying this hard to justify being a prisoner
The good news is we all walk over at our own pace

I thought fame brought easy sex.
He's my favorite Iron Chef

Lol. Those are some dick sucking lips tho

yeah you dont get anything out of this. what you hang out with them because their funny or good at a certain hobby you like?

Its the same as saying your gf goes to a yoga class with a guy thats really funny and good at yoga and they can talk about yoga. both ways its asking for trouble

just stick to guy friends. all you end up with when having truly platonic women friends is just trouble long term

One of my best friends is a woman. Despite us not meeting any of your 4 criteria, it's a pure friendship with absolutely no sexual tension. The key is that I'm 21 and she's 36, so neither of us sees the other in a romantic or sexual way.

This. Only idiots like Al Franken actually admit to it because otherwise in a month the story blows over, no charges are ever filed, and but the damage is done because there's always that footnote in the back of people's minds that will now associate the person with rape/sex crimes even if it was unfounded. This #metoo bullshit should be outright banned because we have "innocent until proven guilty" but with the media working itself into a frenzy there is nothing but assumed guilt from the start and people can't recover from that anymore.

that sounds really hot
36 aint far for sexual tension buddy

Hardly. I just make it clear that I'm not all that open emotionally to them. Back in my 20's this would have been looking for trouble because most folks weren't in established relationships, so most of us were busy hooking up with each other. But I'm old now. My crowd is all people in their 40's and 50's. Most of us have been in the same relationships for well over a decade or two. Very few of us are looking to hook up. And most of us have our shit together in at least a functional enough way that no one leans on each other for emotional validation the way teens and 20-somethings do.

So my point is once you get to a certain age you can have female friends without it being much of a risk of blowing up your life.

>know a woman
>don't even have sex with her
>get accused for sexual misconduct just because of some unrelated thing you did that annoyed her
>have no way to prove your innocence
>lose job anyway

This shit has to stop.

I can see that. these responsobes are probably 30s-40s centric maybe

>innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW

Outside of a trial, people are justified and empowered to ostracize people they believe are sex criminals, and refusing to deny that one is a sex criminal is acceptable evidence that one is a sex criminal.

>It's another woman joins the boys club work then gets mad she's treated like one of the boys episode

>yeah you dont get anything out of this. what you hang out with them because their funny or good at a certain hobby you like?
I get plenty out of it. A few of them are funny as hell, so hanging with them is a pleasure. A bunch of us are into food and wine, so we host dinner parties, trade recipes, restaurant tips and the like. One keeps track of which musicians will be performing in town, so we often meet at concerts she tells us about. We hang out at each other's country houses. A lot of us travel, so we trade travel stories and sometimes meet up while traveling. When most of your friends are coupled off you hang with as many women as men.

enjoy your head-in-the-sand enlightenment

This. It's all about keeping your shit together and being emotionally responsible for yourself. I shit can people that can't do that and I'm in my 20s still.

Bro you're trying to explain emotionally stable and responsible relationships on Veeky Forums. They aren't gonna get it.

If I slapped someone on the ass every day, and no one did anything, that's a lesson enough.
No one teaches the strong to do as they will with the weak.

OP from that previous post here. I could see how age would change things, especially if you and your SO are very committed to each other. I should have clarified my post I suppose. When you're a young adult these relationships are impossible.

Did anyone else notice First We Feast already removed the Hot Ones episode with Mario Batali?

Mario Batali looks like someone that would hire Hannibal Lecter as a private chef, supllying him with various limbs and entrail clippings from his private sex slave dungeon filled with chinese orphans

Beyond my gf I have very rarely found women that I would want to hang out with for any period of time.

LAME, I WANTED IT TO BE FLAY

you're an anomaly.

It's also your position in life. Before I hooked up with my wife it was hard to have actual female friends because I thought of the women I knew in terms of possible sexual partners. And I was horny enough that I wasn't going to waste my time hanging out with women who weren't possible sex partners. Once you're hooked up in a relationship that actually works for you things change for some guys. (I know some it didn't change for, but I don't hang with guys like that socially, for the most part). I'm in a relationship where my needs are met, so I get to stop looking at other women exclusively as possible sex partners. I can see them as just fun people to hang with. Of course there are always the few who make it obvious that in another timeline we would have ended up sexually involved. Those are the ones I enjoy flirting with. Fortunately they're in the same position I'm in - happy in relationships that meet their needs - so there's never even a whiff of that dangerous, tingling excitement where you know something is about to go down.

Flay is attractive. It was never going to be Flay.

who did he molest?

This is the goal of feminism acting IRL they want to segregate the genders

True. A good looking guy with game isn't going to abuse a position of power over women because he has no reason to - he already pulls well enough without being in a position of power. It's the guy who didn't grow up able to pull that well who suddenly gets into power and uses it as a weapon to make up for years of resentment over not being able to pull that well.

I see what you're saying. Ironically after I got in my long term relationship I found out that not keeping as big a field of female friends as possible is what kills your opportunities for sexual partners

Explain Darren sharper then. I'll wait while you Google him.

That's fine.

I see this fucking guys spaghetti and tomato sauce all the time while food shopping. is it good at all?

Then I'm a feminist.

That's a different thing. He wasn't abusing a position of power to force women to have sex with him. He was picking up girls, drugging them and raping them. That's even more predatory. I don't know the man, but that is either a deeply fucked up psychology, side effects of steroid use or both. Regardless that's not your garden variety power corrupting story.

My point was that good looks and money isn't a solid prediction of psychological pathology.

why would you? other than your family members, the chick that you are boning, and coworkers, there's no reason to interact with women at all, unless you are a gay man and like shoe shopping or theater or some other gay shit.

you absolutely never want to be alone with a female coworker either. In today's world, that's how you get your career ruined. It's happened to two coworkers off mine over the years and my dad got accused back in 1992. If it were 2017 he would have been fired no questions asked.

dealing with women is risky as fuck since everyone has their head up their ass so far now that they're sniffing pancreas.

I’ve cooked for this dude hundreds of times. He puts ketchup on his omelets. Fuck him.

But give a not so good looking guy some power over women to abuse and the sense that he can use it with impunity and ugly shit will go down.

Where are these false accusations I keep hearing people bring up? Hypothetical victims don't do much for me.

>Only idiots like Al Franken actually admit to it
There was a political motivation for this. He took the bullet for his party, which is going to turn this into an issue in upcoming elections. They couldn't do that if he didn't resign. You're going to see a lot of Dems campaigning on this issue and Republicans unable to counter them as long as the incumbent president is a Republican with many such allegations against him.

Paula

If there were no charges, no police report, and no investigation, then it's a false accusation. Period.

Strange, the hypocritical right weren't arguing that when Clinton stuck a cigar up a drooling wench.

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

Go be a faggot somewhere else, commie.

Honestly, if more then 2 come out I'll usually believe it. Some of the incidents are hardly worth noting though. Garrison keiller is a good example of that

Me too.

I mean there was actual photos of Franken doing this so he kind of had to admit to it.

Fuck women

>IMO women and men need to get married much earlier to avoid all this shit
Previous generations have been trying this and it's just led to a lot of divorced bitter middle aged people.

chef john next

>tfw minding my own business at the grocery store
>turn around
>creepy man staring in my eyes and smiling
>not supposed to be scared

why are men so unable to not be weirdos?

What if they don't want me to?