Salt methodology

how do you salt your mean, the freefall or the shotgun method?

>salting your meat before cooking it

yeah, of course. only retards think only seasoning at the end will give good results

I use the meme cascade down the arm
I know it looks silly and everything, and I did it once just for fun and in doing so I had the most even distribution of seasoning I had ever seen

I now unironically season like that

I like to get intimate with my meat. I start off with the freefall and then massage the seasoning into the meat.

What the fuck does this post even mean what the fuck?

Salt dehydrates the meat as it cooks (brining is different than just dumping salt on it)

What in the actual god damn FUCK user. Do you not salt your food before and as you cook it? I can understand people adding salt or pepper or whatever after its cooked to their personal preference but WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about!?

it also permeates the meat, which is essential. you won't get that by sprinkling it on at the end. obviously you should brine if the cut calls for it.

yes it reduces the water content, which is why it enhances flavor. This is how salt works.

I add salt after, not before.

Water is attracted to salt. Salt draws water out of meat.

>dryer meat
>enhanced flavor

Why? Unless you intend to make jerky, why on earth would you want to chew on a dry hockey puck piece of meat?

yeah, and it won't permeate the meat if you don't add it before. That's why a brine has to work for hours, salt only spreads via heat. And surface level salting gives a vastly inferior taste

Salt does not suck the hydration of out things the way you think it does. Cooking things with salt lets it properly develop into a good flavor; if your meat comes out like a 'dry hockey puck' it had nothing to do with salt in the first place you fuck-up.

>intimate
>Not splitting a bottle of quality champagne with your meat
>2017

I assume this is a troll but I guess someone could be reading this thread:
Salt initially pulls out water and juices in the first few minutes, beyond that, however, the salt then breaks down portions of the muscle and meat and begins to become reabsorbed by cut of meat. This basically pulls out juices from areas where there's too much and it will inevitably overflow/spill/drip out and evenly distributes it, while also breaking down the meat slightly for a finer texture.

salt is a tenderizer. You want to salt your meast well before you cook it to break down the tough fibers in the meat.

Not salting ahead of time makes the meat more like leather.

Did you ever think this might be why why when you're cooking a slab of meat, you season only JUST before searing. Then, when the searing browns (and dries out) the outer layer of the meat, the salt and pepper gets stuck to it without affecting the internal juicyness.

Incidentally, you sound like my mom when she cooks.
>I'm not gonna add salt to a dessert! Why would I want it salty!
>Mom, the recipe calls for a quarter teaspoon in a whole cake...

Ah my apologies, seems like my cooking knowledge is out of date. Thanks for the tips, anons.

>out of date

S'alright