RIP Old Bay tin container

RIP Old Bay tin container.

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/how-yemens-cholera-outbreak-became-the-fastest-growing-in-modern-history/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good for them desu

>claims it's to help the environment

Suuuure, definitely not because plastic is cheaper than metal.

This. Plastic is also fucking horrible for the environment while tin is easily recyclable and totally reusable.

it also reeks of plastic

retards
>The change will reduce carbon emissions by 16 percent and is another example of McCormick's efforts to drive positive environmental change," the company said

I didn't think anyone else cared anons thank you.

good... the old ones rusted.

lower sodium is the best old bay. right?

pic related is better desu

Lemon and herb.
>the old ones rusted
Where the fuck do you live that tin is rusting faster than you use seasonings. Unless you had it for like years which is pretty unimaginable.

i live in a mid atlantic coastal town and I'm not a saltboi. so yeah... a can lasts me years

Dang. I probably season all of my veggies with it at least partially. I cook for usually 1-6 people at a time so I guess I'm not the best example.

Also costal northeast, never had a can rust on me but honestly not many things rust here besides vehicles due to roadsalt.

>Companies are always honest with their intentions, guys!

Not that user but if buying plastic bottles cuts down on a part of their packaging production it helps. What if the tin is only made in a certain place and they're spending 13% of their finances on facilitation and transport of the containers when they could get it cheaper and closer?

>What if the tin is only made in a certain place and they're spending 13% of their finances on facilitation and transport of the containers when they could get it cheaper and closer?

That was exactly my point in It's not about the environment, that's just a cop out. Plastic is much less expensive and more readily available than metal.

>using plastic
>good for the environment

Dumping tin in the ocean isn't any better.

They said 'reduce carbon emissions' which could mean anything from total weight to transport to storage.
You're reading way too much into this.

Better than Yemen which is having a huge cholera outbreak due to trash collecting on the street.

I don't get it user it's like you don't understand how the world works at all.
pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/how-yemens-cholera-outbreak-became-the-fastest-growing-in-modern-history/

the metal container would just rust away tho.

plastic is also recyclable you fucking mong,
there's also plastics made of renewable materials. i've got a few cups made out of "corn plastic" or some shit

"recyclable" is pretty much meaningless. Just about anything on earth is recycleable, the question is wether or not it's actually worth the effort to do so. Many kinds of "recycling" consume more energy and generate more waste than throwing the items away instead.

A good rule of thumb is to follow the money trail. If you are being paid for your recyclable goods then it really does make environmental sense to recycle. (and I mean honestly getting paid as opposed to things like subsidized rewards for returning bottles). If you're not getting paid for your waste then chances are that it's costing more energy and generating more waste to re-use it.

Despite the common name "tin can", cans haven't been made out of tin for many decades. Tin is expensive as hell compared to steel. But in either case, dumping a tin or steel can into the ocean wouldn't harm anything--the metal will either rust (in the case of steel) or corrode, in the case of other metals. About the only metals you could dunk into the ocean and have them survive would be gold and platinum. Everything else, even "stainless" steels, bronze, etc, are going to corrode away into nothing.

>About the only metals you could dunk into the ocean and have them survive would be gold and platinum. Everything else, even "stainless" steels, bronze, etc, are going to corrode away into nothing.
.... Yes. It's like you have a middle school education...

Do they teach you how to use ellipses in middle school?

In my school we covered ellipses in middle school geometry class, yes.
I think you might be talking about ellipsis though.

I agree that recycling at least for now, is pretty meaningless as it consumes more energy and we still have plenty of material laying around, but it's either argue with him on his level (you can recycle plastics too) or try to push an argument in response to an argument (recycling is bullshit)
one of these is simple and the other requires I regurgitate entire episodes of Bullshit

>Translation: there are more gender altering chemicals leached from plastic than from metal so we decided to do our part in the gender revolution and switched to plastic.

Or, they just wanted to save money and drew up a list of shit to placate angry people who have bad taste in seasonings.

You people really need to learn to grow your own herbs and spices then make you own mixes.

>attacking someones obvious grammar and sentence structure for its obvious attempt to convey a point
Are you actually retarded?

>falling for the penn and teller meme
How was the Psychology program at your community college?

???
What, why does that matter?
Stating they made the change to "reduce carbon emissions" implies they're doing it to be environmentally conscientious. My point is that big companies like McCormick don't give two shits about the environment and switching to plastic is simply them cutting corners on manufacturing costs.

Dumping huge amount of metal into the ocean is actually better than dumping huge amounts of plastic into the ocean.

Metal in the ocean rusts away, but before it does that it becomes home to many sea creatures and can even start corral reefs. In fact, entire ships have been scuttled for the specific intention of creating artificial reefs.

Plastic on the other hand does not rust away. In fact, all it does it continually break up into smaller and smaller pieces. Once the pieces get small enough, the zooplankton start eating it. Then those microscopic bits of plastic get passed up the food chain. They eventually end up in animals like dolphins and whales. The toxicity of this concentration is so high that it taints the milk of these animals which poisons their calves.

>GAY
>FROGS

>they’re doing the right thing for the wrong reasons!!

So what?

I don't care that they're doing it to save money or being dishonest about their intentions. I was just pointing it out. You're the one reading too much into things.

he's right though. not all, but a large percentage of "recycling" programs are really just feel-good bullshit and actually cost more resources than they save.

I had an internship at a paper plant while I was working on my degree. While I was there the company would source paper waste for recycling. It turned out the real motivation for it was to be able to print "we recycle" or "X% recycled paper" on their products. From a simple efficiency standpoint it was was actually worse than simply growing more trees. The problem with paper recycling is cleanliness. If the paper products are clean and dry then they recycle easily and it makes sense for all involved. So, if we could buy industrial paper waste (things like mis-printed books and magazines, trimmings from said books/magazines, etc.) then that worked great. But paper products that came from consumers? Nope. Oil contamination fucks the process. The oil content from a single greasy pizza box or paper sack that someone drained their french fries on will fuck an entire truckload of paper--it either has to be thrown out entirely or it has to be treated with hazardous chemicals to remove the contamination (which then creates an even more toxic waste product).

I think some of their episodes are pretty dumb to be frank with you, I particularly remember their GMO episode literally ending with "if you don't like GMOs you're racist"
but I'm only talking about the recycling episode today, if you've got any reasoning why that episode was wrong feel free to post it

watch the penn & teller bullshit! episode about recycling, it’ll open your mind and redpill you on how recycling is a crock.

>believing Penn and Teller’s Bullshit! bullshit

You’d realize how hard they were bullshitting you if you watched the Bullshit! episode about Bullshit!, but you can’t, because they were bullshitting when they said they’d make that episode.

Most collected "recycling" is now being land filled or burnt because China no longer purchases it...

"Ellipses" is the pluralization of both "ellipse" and "ellipsis," you undereducated moron. They're both derived from the same Latin root word.

just type "retard" into the name field to save us all some time

>dumping a tin or steel can into the ocean wouldn't harm anything
>Hey guys, I've got a great idea for saving the oceans! Let's dump all our garbage there!

Never change, Veeky Forums.

You could always just re-fill it?

Who cares if metal helps the environment, we have to use plastic because it's better for the environment.

Some asshole made Old Bay illegal in my state.

fuck outta here tony

God tier spice mix list:
Old Bay
Cavendar's
Tony's (bonus points for extra hot)
McCormick Montreal Steak
MSG

Okay tier:
Lawry's
Magic
Slap Ya Mama
Chicken Salt

Gutter tier:
Lemon Pepper
Mrs. Dash
Anything organic

I hope whoever greenlit this decision blows his (probably her) brains out after the company goes bankrupt.

I remember being hungry all the time as a kid because my dad was an negligent alcoholic and I used to just eat handfuls of old bay at a time. Old Bay pretty much is my family now.

>plastic is also recyclable you fucking mong,
Glass and metal are better than plastic at being recycled for actual use. A glass bottle or a metal tin, can both be melted down and used again as a food container, and then melted and reused again and again. Metal is actually the best material to be recycled, since it can be reused in the same role indefinitely. Glass falls a bit short, because recycling clear glass in to new clear glass is a bit of a hassle to sort it out, so most recycled glass ends up as green or brown glass. Which means most clear glass is new glass, or has a very low recycled content (mostly in the form of recycling waste/broken glass at the production facility).
Recycled plastic is not food safe and is used in other capacities, such as fleece and carpet backing.

I bet he was a crab.

But melting metal uses carbons and those destroy the environment making the weather hotter.

???

Veeky Forums is mostly female

I don't know this made me laugh so hard

Ayyy is my nigga Tony

>will reduce carbon emissions by 16%
This is huge, this will literally end global warming, 16% of all carbon emissions is a massive amount. Old Bay was the culprit all along