Can someone point me toward some journals or other first hand writings of the mentally ill?

Can someone point me toward some journals or other first hand writings of the mentally ill?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Book_(Jung)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exegesis_of_Philip_K._Dick
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the red book
but other than that, I'm interested as well

my

Veeky Forums

The Yellow Wallpaper

Anything Nietszche

Do y'all not understand what I'm asking or are you just really committed to being unhelpful?

I think youre being picky

Also look up any manifesto of a mass murderer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Book_(Jung)
I don't know about The Yellow Wallpaper, but Jung went crazy while writing the red book. There's also a bunch of weird drawings he drew.

Daniel Paul Schreber - Memoirs of My Nervous Illness
August Strindberg - Inferno
Philip K. Dick - VALIS

Read Van Gogh's letters. He was actually a fairly well-read and literary man.

Aurélia by Gerard de Nerval. Also seconding these

Evidamment: mon journal, désou.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exegesis_of_Philip_K._Dick

4.48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane is a play that's essentially a suicide note she left before hanging herself from her shoelaces

Wein's works are so comfy in this strange way

Strindberg's Inferno is GOAT

Operators and Things

The Eden Express by Mark (son of Kurt) Vonnegut.

>lol that cg jung was just WACKY! talkin about demons n spirits n shit lol ;P

The Bell Jar

Zeno's Conscience

Gogol has a short story where the protagonist turn insane, and it is absolutely brilliant. Cant remember the name, but probably easy to find

>Biographers and critics have disagreed whether these years in Jung's life should be seen as "a creative illness, a period of introspection, a psychotic break, or simply madness."[7] Anthony Storr, reflecting on Jung's own judgment that he was "menaced by a psychosis" during this time, concluded that the period represented a psychotic episode.[8] According to Sonu Shamdasani, Storr's opinion is untenable in light of currently available documentation.[9]
suck a fat one

If you like Louis Wain, you should check out Chris Beetles's book, Louis Wain's Cats. There's a decent bit of biographical info, but the highlight is the number of beautifully reproduced images from the last period of his life when he was in various mental hospitals. One of my favorite books.

>According to Sonu Shamdasani, Storr's opinion is untenable in light of currently available documentation.
>when u cant in2 jung and all those cRaZy paradigms so u call it psychosis

>he believed in the occult therefore he must have been crazy
The more you see the less you know

Thank you. I will definitely check it out.

>Sell all you have give it to the kittens
And pour the milk on Louis' grave

>tfw I want to read Jung 1000x more than I did before

I actually don't think he was crazy. You'll notice the number of posters has gone up to 22.

In fact, in light of my own personal experiences with some of the very same things Jung was experimenting with, I'm very much inclined to agree with the man.

>psychological "scientists"

anton chekhov a mental breakdown

The diary of Arthur Crew Inman