Why does he always has to be so pessimistic?

Why does he always has to be so pessimistic?

Because he was a retard lmao

He didn't have to, he just enjoyed it.

What should I read before reading his works?

Pessimism is an accurate stance towards the reality we find ourselves in and he didn't want to delude himself or others by being "optimistic" in his works.

Take a look at this map of our place in existence and tell me at what point it appears like a pleasant place to be

Because writing was his lightning rod for despair.

Vega is much shitter desu.

Such a beta way to live life lmao. Resolve and strength of conviction in God and Beauty is the only way to exist you fucking black coffee drinking faggots

eraserhead looking ass

Thats basically what Cioran did. You have to remember he was living deep in mid-twenthieth century France when homo-pedophilic degenerates were leading academia. He was the one major writer advocating a lifestyle of monogomous affection and puritan solitude

He championed despair and revelled in misery. There's nothing insightful or beneficial about that way of life and to promote it is an affront to the beauty of existence

From another thread, from another philosopher:
>“He criticized Christianity, but his objections were not so much intellectual as moral and aesthetic: he attacked the Christian religion because of its impact on the quality of life. Devaluing the natural world for the sake of a spiritual realm, Christianity could not be other than hostile to happiness: ‘man’, Leopardi wrote, ‘was happier before Christianity than after it.”

You must be at least 18 to use Veeky Forums.

Wat shdd i readddr to to hmderstand his worksssssw???
I wana rread Heights of Despair

CHOCOLATE MAKES YOU HAPPY

How did you know?
I only approve of dark chocolate however

He's right, though. I get so sick of people on this board who see cynicism as some kind of challenge. It's being positive and advocating meaning in life that's the REAL challenge. I bet most people over 25 who aren't NEETs understand that. Veeky Forums would be so much better if all the misanthropic college kids without gfs would just fuck off back to /v/.

And I mean that in the most pleasant way possible. Have a nice day.

>beauty of existence
My little user cannot be this disconnected from reality.

Because he was in a David Lynch film

>I bet most people over 25 who aren't NEETs understand that

You mean wageslaving normiecucks who had to malform their awareness of reality in order to survive the mental drudgery of working life?

just heard about that woman who pays drug addicts to get sterilized. Cioran must be smiling from beyond the grave.

He'd smile even broader if she expanded the offer to everyone else.

oh absolutely, but I got a kick out of antinatalism getting propagated on a practical level by a suburban mom handing out cash.