What is people's problem with broccoli?

What is people's problem with broccoli?

Not sure. I love it. Well, I love it cooked. Raw, it's shit

I like broccoli, I use a lot of it in my stir-fry

People don't like broccoli? That's news to me.

People dont know how to cook it. Like caulliflower.

Most people have probably only had it: raw (which is terrible) or frozen (also terrible) or their vodka mommy over cooked the fuck out of it in some way or other so that it tasted terrible.

Broccoli that has been cooked well (as in: perfectly cooked or tastes good) is great. But most people have never really had good broccoli. If you dont like broccoli then youve never had it good.

But it's very good raw too....

love me some broccoli cheese soup with a nice baguette

When I was little I gagged on it at a restaurant a threw up, then avoided it for years because it reminded me of puking. After a while I started eating it again, but my mom always got it frozen and microwaved it to mush, so it was edible, but still wasn't too good.

Now I get my broccoli fresh and lightly steam and fry it with garlic and olive oil and it's delicious.

Not raw, but lightly steamed is where it's at. Overcooked broccoli is is barely edible mush.

>people's

Children's*

oops meant the second link to be

I knew I had become an old man when I snuck into the kitchen in the middle of the night and steamed some broccoli instead of having any of the other crap I have in my house. Fucking love broccoli.

americans *

sulfuric/sewage odor when cooking
it's kind of offputting, i know it took me 20 years to learn to appreciate it.

fattie

They're called broccoli crowns for a reason; it's the king of vegetables.

no steam at all. Just throw it in a pan and cook

Children aren't people, OP. They're glorified tadpoles.

If you get that smell, then the broccoli is overcooked.

That filename though.

I like to heat a pan in the oven at 500 degrees then toss in a crown or two's worth of broccoli. Let it cook for twenty minutes or so, turning once. It's perfectly cooked through with a nice char to it.

It comes from peoples parents being shit at cooking vegetables. I love broccoli but if I had to eat it boiled grey as a child like some parents did, then i'd probably hate it too.

I unironically think not liking broccoli is just a meme trope that started in children's cartoons for some reason.

why are they so pervasive then?

yeah i always got that impression too. It aint as hard to get down as celery, yet kids are portrayed to be ambivalent towards celery

I hated broccoli and most other veggies as a kid because my parents boiled the shit out of it and ruined it. It wasn't until after college that I realized that broccoli and a lot of other veggies are delicious

This and also fucking school lunches growing up. They boil and steam the shit out of all there vegetals to the point where you're just eating tasteless fiber water that falls apart as soon as you pick it up with your plastic fork.

hmm, now i understand why all the other kids had such bad reactions to spinach or broccoli that they'd start panicking whenever i suggested we eat it. Not to mention just not eating vegetables period

Most people overcook it and it becomes bitter. Lots of such green vegetables are like that and that's why most children hate them. Lightly steaming them is the best way to prevent overcooking.

They've only ever had it boiled to death or similar. Like most brassicas, it's incredibly shit when overcooked- it becomes mushy and bitter.

Broccoli is great if cooked correctly- raw, lightly steamed/blanched, or roasted.

Gross guido vegitable

I think I unironically like the stalks more

t. 7 abortion roastie with 5 cats.

I eat a giant Costco bag a week... fart a ton, but love it.

This desu. People are scared of it because their parents steamed and boiled the living fuck out of it and think it's a tasteless mush. Cook it with a little bite and its a top 5 vegetable

t. man raising his wife's "son(s)"

that's not true at all. why would you lie and slander on a christian board?

WHY

>bag

i will seriously steam a big old bowl of broccoli and add some butter, salt and pepper and munch on it during a movie

Have you ever tasted broccoli that has been steamed for too long? It's like someone found a way to grow vomit.

if you make them right they taste amazing and sort of buttery, pretty fucking good. but if just steamed I like the florets more

>he cant even eat cruciferous vegetables raw
LMAO leave my board and come back when you stop overloading your taste buds with simple sugars and starches

Get the fuck off this board with a cat as a pet.

>he thinks a widespread reaction image is my own cat
Lol I hope your cooking isn't as shitty as your logic... I own two English bulldogs hate cats. You're a faggot

i dont know what everyone's problem with raw is. It's better raw than steamed at least

Their only problem is not adding lemon, garlic, and parmesan. Who ever knew a vegetable would get me laid?

wat

In burgerland, liking vegetables is considered ideologically suspect

I roasted some last night and it was fucking delicious.

I’ll fight anyone who talks shit about based broccoli.

People are dumb. Broccoli is delicious.

This is a Muslim board laddie.

Broccoli and carrots were never meant to be eaten raw, it's like eating raw brussel sprouts and potatoes. People who dislike broccoli have probably only ever tried it raw and/or unseasoned.

Broccoli is regularly portrayed in western cartoons as icky and disgusting so kids grow up disliking them. The reality is that broccoli reduces excess estrogen, which means more testosterone in your body.

The emergence of soyboys isn't a recent thing, (((they))) have been grooming them since they were kids.

Frozen is great
It's just already blanched so the cook time is shorter

Cook it until it becomes bright green then stop
This should only take a few seconds/minutes
It will not have that smell and it will be crunchy and slightly sweet

Why do you hate cats? Just asking for my friend

>muh soyboys
Out of all the boards to inject this garbage tier /pol/ meme, you choose Veeky Forums. Is your brain malfunctioning? Soy sauce and and broccoli are best mates in a stirfry.

Not a darn thing, broccoli and cheese is god tier.

Broccoli is delicious especially in stir fries

>starches
>tastebud overload
starch foods (potato,rice,wheat etc.) are literal plain foods.

Broccoli is delicious in quïche

Theres no point and its terrible for your digestive system

I thought it was weeb

Why do you think that is? Obviously it's because of the feminine/masculine, ying yang style comination of soy and broc. The estrogen binds to the broccoli and activates it sexually, allowing you to absorb its masculine essence as you digest.

>tfw eat steamed broccoli nearly everyday

Too many manchildren who does not cook lurk in Veeky Forums

Bullshit, its better for you if anything

On topic
Should I cook pancetta or eat it as it is?

Agreed

Tastes great.

I dunk mine in my home made salad dressing. Sort of defeats the purpose but tastes bloody good and makes a good meal/treat/snack.

I love raw broccoli. I have never liked it cooked, the texture is gross and it smells weird. Even lightly steamed it starts smelling.

>if you make them right
Elaborate. Most people chuck the stem. My single attempt to do something with them had them end up bitter.

not sure how they could be bitter, it was probably something wrong with that specific broccoli. I just peel the tough flesh off the outside of the stem, make thin slices with a mandoline, boil lightly until tender, and then drizzle good olive oil over it with maldon salt and pepper once on the plate. you could grate a small amount of parmesan on top as well.

to clarify, thin lengthwise slices like but I guess the shape wouldn't matter too much

Broccoli is fucking awesome. I just use extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper and cook it in a skillet , but never for very long. People always dig it.

there's a certain gene that some people have that makes a certain chemical found in all plants in the broccoli family to taste really bitter and sour. this also includes brussel sprouts and cabbage.

Broccoli is bland, boring, slightly bitter shit without lemon.

With lemon it's divine.

>using the word "divine" unironically

>>using the word "divine" unironically
>using words

because someone stupid enough to own english bulldogs is also too fucking stupid to see why cats are awesome.

literally a meme. Started with cartoons showing picky eaters refusing "vegetables" that were broccoli, then people directly made broccoli the hated food, and now adults are still roleplaying as their kid shows to avoid them, despite literally never tasting them in their life before thanks to the hate meme.

Try broccoli salad.
Chopped broccoli with your choice of mixed/diced veggies, dried fruit, nuts, shredded hard cheese, meats, and a oil based dressing. Throw in some spices/herbs to taste, and bang: you got a delicious and nutritious salad (assuming you didn't overload the fat macros)

Over-cooked broccoli is a sin; mushy and tasteless. I fine broccoli's palitability to be peak either raw, or lightly fried/steamed.

I did not boil it but I'll try that next time.
For broccoli I usually heat up some oil, throw the heads in, and add water once the oil is hot enough to steam them a bit. Doing that with sliced stem pieces left them undone.

Because they're bland as fuck.
>Muh spices
Something needing spices to taste good is the definition of bland