What are some lit approved ereaders?

What are some lit approved ereaders?

kobo glo
kindle paperwhite

Kobo aura one if you wqnt one that isnt too small. Paperwhite otherwise.

can you read pdfs or downloaded books on an ereader?

Calibre

kobo glo hd
kobo aqua

fuck proprietary kindleshit

not very well

get an ipad-like tablet for that m8
use apps to read epub/mobi

I have a sony prst1 and love it

yes with calibre

Yeah super easy

Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre
libgen

Thank me later.

>ereaders

>toe thumb

>look how much cooler I am while I pretend to read

As opposed to what?

Thats what I have been using, but its easier to read on ereaders and the battery last alot longer. But I guess I'll have to stick to tablets

My phone

proof god loves us

You can get most novels in epub format if that's what you read. If it's mostly textbooks or diagram-heavy books, stick with a tablet.

But can you read epub on a kindle?

no, but conversion is seamless.

Not epubs, but if you use calibre it will auto convert them when you send them to the device. There's no loss of information or formatting when converting between epub and mobi/azw3.

Conversion from PDF to epub/mobi/azw3 is usually pretty shit but you can get lucky.

I don't really read alot of pdfs, mostly epub. You guys use calibre? does it work good?

rtfs

Yeah, it's really easy. Here goes every single step to the point where a grandmother could do it:
>Click on calibre
>import your books into its library
>adjust the metadata/cover image if you want
>plug in kindle
>highlight all the books you want
>click "Send to Device" (it will say "epubs wont work, do you want to convert these books before copying?")
>unplug kindle

>his e-reader doesn't have e-ink
what's the fucking point

Calibre is perfect. I suggest starting using it early, because going back and retweeking your library later is a pain.

This is with just regular epubs from the internet by the way. Also, they appear nicely formatted, including cover art, on the kindle (no "this is the price I pay for piracy")

Free books

you might as well use your phone or just read pdfs because an e-reader without the good ink might as well be a pda

>current year
>having physical books

pleb detected

But then you won't have a nice book collection to show off.

Yes, but if your PDF consists of many images you're gonna have a bad time.

Thanks for the help, I might actually get one then, since they aren't too expensive.

Which ereader do you guys use? Paperwhite?

yeah

Yes, I see no reason for the expensive ones.

kindle touch

Is it worth buying one if i already have a good tablet? I'll mostly be reading history/no-fiction on it.

Paperwhite and a cover with a magnet so it will automatically sleep when you close it.

Is the paperwhite worth double the price from the base kindle? The only difference seems to be background lighting

no, unless you sleep with someone at night who doesnt like lamps

I upgraded to it for 70 on prime day. I really, really enjoy it. After using the kindle 5 for 3 years, I can say that the technical additions aren't that impressive, but the user interface is much smoother, and much more pleasant to use.

See if you can get it used, or wait until it's on sale again.

300 ppi instead of 167
Also I personally couldn't do without the backlight.

Kobo Glo HD

hows the aura one?

no, unfortunately ereaders are just for music and videos

Huh that's odd. Why do they market them as "ereaders" then if you can't read on them? Has anyone reported them to the Better Business Bureau?

Gee, I don't know...