Is this book worth reading?

Is this book worth reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/board_message?message_id=4818850
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i bet that stupid whore dint even understand a word out of it lololololololololol

and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

Are any movies from 1920 worth watching? No. Do people still watch them anyway for a sense of superiority? Yes. The choice is yours, but the only thing you're going to get out of it is the ability to say "I read Ulysses," and try to impress people who will ultimately not care.

Woah what a coincidence the photographer caught her right about to finish the end :^)

Back to /sffg/ plebbit

>/sffg/
What?

penelope would have probably had the most resonance with good ol moroe don't you know

>Are any movies from 1920 worth watching? No.

Low quality bait and a terrible point to use for comparison, seeing as film is still such a new medium. The earliest recorded myths are still worth reading, let alone our first novels.

hihhihi

She's at the part where Molly contemplates giving up her body fluids to Bloom.

Name five good movies from the 1920s. Oh and don't google them.

Hamlet (Nielsen version)
Sunrise
Greed
Metropolis
Jeanne D'arc

How convenient that all 5 of them are on this webpage
rateyourmusic.com/board_message?message_id=4818850

...and?

There aren't that many wildly praised films from the 1920s you retarded frogposter, of course his list is going to match up

ya dude, it's fun as fuck

Hell no.

And this is coming from someone who loves Joyce. His inaccessible stuff is just difficult for no reason. Joyce was an asshole.

He only wrote two worthwhile books and they're the epitome of inaccessible and both are fun as fuck

>this is coming from someone who loves Joyce
What for? His shitty poetry? His ONE book of short stories that are too self-important to have a proper point?

The General
Sherlock Jr.
Steamboat Bill Jr.
Our Hospitality
Seven Chances

Oh and that's just one filmmaker.

marilyn had nice feets

A portrait is great. Dubliners is great. Ulysses is fun, but only if you're a masochist. Wake is drunken babbling. The poetry shouldn't ever be mentioned.

No, it's pretentious bullshit. Experimentation for the sake of itself, great modernist innovation bla bla but the style just doesn't stand the test of time. Skip it and proceed to the proper classics like Proust or the russians. They didn't write weirdly to impress you as a reader, but just brilliant and skillfully.

>A portrait is great
It's like a sketch for a novel (which it is)
>Dubliners is great
It's alright
> Ulysses is fun, but only if you're a masochist
Reading, especially since the late 1800s, always includes an element of masochism. If it's not hard then it's hardly worth it.
>Wake is drunken babbling
Wake is the ultimate pleb filter, and it's fun as fuck.

>Portrait is like a sketch of a novel
Except it's not, and it's also a great masterpiece. When did this board become infested with redditors that don't even understand literature?

orphans of the storm is one of the greatest films ever made. kys dilletante

>When did this board become infested with redditors that don't even understand literature?
Dunno; how long have you been here?

>complains about people not "understanding" literature
>shits on Ulysses and Finnegans Wake
this shit writes itself

Well I can name 5 good silent films, I'm not sure if all of them are strictly 20's, but theyre all from around 1912-1929 or so

The Gold Rush
Shoulder Arms
Metropolis
The Inferno
The Genera

Also thisl

Anyone imputing mythical significance to this novel is dead wrong. Joyce is a supreme ironist. This novel is about being a cuckhold, nothing more, nothing less.

A Page of Madness
Sunrise
The Circus
3 Bad Men
The Docks of New York

>he's this retarded
I never even said anything about Finnegans Wake and Ullysses, which are both masterpieces. I was just insulting the user for his garbage opinion on Portrait. But the real joke here is your reading comprehension.

>a century of analysis and study worldwide is wrong, but I am right

You shouldn't discard the main part of the argument to focus on marginalia if you didn't want to be misunderstood, stooge.

>Marilyn will never sit her fat literally incontinent rump on your face while she reads Joyce

>You have to go through someones entire argument on an anonymous imageboard
>He doesn't understand how using greentext to place emphasis on a specific point works

Yeah, but only if you like ruining other literature for yourself. The man had a knack for showing one something not easy to find elsewhere.

If you want to participate in a discussion, then yes, you should go back three measly posts and read them, you lazy fuck. Don't try to give me that Veeky Forums knowhow when you're the one posting like you just crashed through the ceiling yelling "EVERYONE'S RETARDED EXCEPT ME"

>he's this upset about a post on Veeky Forums

>lol jokes on u i was only pretening