This is my first time on this board. But I think that you guys might be able to help me

This is my first time on this board. But I think that you guys might be able to help me.

So here's what's pissing me off so much. Every time I try to make a burger, it will come out raw every fucking time. Sometimes, I still eat it, because raw meat tastes okay to me, but that's beside the point. I thought it was because of thickness, so I slimmed them down. Still raw. So I tried putting holes in them with a knife, so it could cook through those. Still raw. I've covered the pan with a glass lid for the heat to circulate all around. Still raw. I've waited for the blood to run out of it before taking it out. Still raw.

It's infuriating me because it's such a simple recipe to do, but it never comes out right. If anyone can give me tips for how to fix this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Pic related, it's one of the burgers I cooked tonight.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/03/ultra-smashed-cheeseburger-recipe-food-lab.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You say you're using a recipe. How long does it say to cook them?

My cook book says to use medium coals (that's 350 degrees if gas, coals glowing through an ash layer if coal) and to grill for 14-18 minutes.

The real easy-modo way to do this is to just get the heat right, then use an instant-read thermometer and remove when they're 160-165 degrees. That way you can know if they're undercooked without cutting or biting into them.

The really simple answer is just that you might be cooking at too high a temperature. If the outside is cooking too quickly for your liking in comparison to the center, try lowering the temperature. Besides which, if you cook burgers more slowly on charcoal, they get extra smokey, which can be nice if you're into that.

too high of heat

Actually, it's not like that. I don't read off a recipe. I just group some ground beef together and put it in the pan.

I mostly cook them in a pan, but I'd try grilling if we did it more often. But my other worry would be about if they're still raw in the middle despite being cooked at low-temp. Is there another answer for that, or am I just doomed to a life of eating raw burgers?

There is a high likelihood that your stove is completely broken.

Just do this. It's super-easy, you have two patties to get the thickness and cook through.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/03/ultra-smashed-cheeseburger-recipe-food-lab.html

>I mostly cook them in a pan
First guy here. I don't know if this will get good results, but when you say "pan-burgers", I would think do them like steak.

Get the pan real hot, then sear for 2 minutes on each side, then pop into the oven at 350 until the internal temperature is 160-165.
You could use an oven-going pan, or maybe stick a baking sheet in the oven while it preheats.

cook at lower temp and make patties thinner. Also you can cut them in half to check how done they are in the middle until you learn how long to cook them

turn the fire on

Sounds promising

Heat up your pan or grill first. When you put the patty down it should sizzle. If it doesnt. Take it off and wait for it to get hot.

Put it on a low heat and cook until the outside is charred. Then flip it once and cook until the other side is charred. It doesn't look like your burger has any char at all.

3 possible reasons.
>Meat too thick.
>Pan too Hot.
>Meat too cold.

That's it. There is no other possible reason.

Yeah, even when it's made by other family members, they don't seem to have any at all.

>my food is still raw inside after cooking?
>what could possibly be the problem????
>I can't imagine what the answer could be
>wew what a stumper
Did you try cooking it for longer? Because that would solve your problem. If cooking for longer didn't work, then cook for a little longer than that. At some cooking duration, it will be fully cooked.

this guy is an expert michelan 3 star chef. listen to everything he says

But if I do that, I'd burn the outside just so the inside is cooked to optimal. That's the thing with my situation. It cooks fine outside, but the inside is always raw.

okay, then what this guy said:

Turn the temp down a little tard

>Meat too cold.
important point here that newfags should pay attention to. take your meat out of the cooler and let it get room temp before u cook.

I read the thread. I think you're a lost cause, OP. I'm almost certain of it. So I'm not going to try and help.

I think what may have happened is that the grocery jester replaced his meat with special non-cooking meat.
This is the only logical explanation. After all the OP did everything perfectly and made 0 mistakes himself.

Leave, ja/ck/

This. Mostly it's because too thick. Put a ball of meat and flatten it with your spatula.

My roommates use a lid with a hole and basically steam them

You don't want the pan to dry out tho

that super thick patty you are using is the problem, have you seen what most restaurants use for patties? They are at least a third that size, if you need that much meat then just make multiple patties and stack them.

dude the patty is too thick

Cook at a lower temp to make sure its thouroughly heated all the way through, then sear it at high temp for taste and crispiness

Its too high of a temperature you dingus, you dont cook burgers at that kind of temp

1) Your patties are too thick: make them thinner.
2) You are cooking at too high a temperature: make it lower.
3) Cut into your patties when nearly finished OR use a thermometer - both of these will allow you to check for doneness.
4) Please stop eating raw meat. It's always fine until one day it really, really isn't.

The second point may seem counter-intuitive, but if you use a lower heat, there will be more time to cook the inside before the outside is done.